Maps and the art of mapmaking.

Moderator: Moderators

Mamamia
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Re: Heroes V Legends of the Ancients

Postby Mamamia » Apr 9 2019, 14:00

Hello mctronic,

The name of the hero is Fiona. She is located in the underground section, north and slightly west from the center of the map. She is close to the whirlpool where you arrive from, just south east of it. The gate is guarded by a Pit Lord on each side and they throw boulders and kill Nicolai before he can attack Fiona. Thank you.

mctronic
Peasant
Peasant

Postby mctronic » Apr 10 2019, 0:01

Oh okay I remember now. You need to get the Cloak of Sylanna, located in the western part of the map.If you need more help to acquire the artifact don't hesitate to ask.

Mamamia
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Postby Mamamia » Apr 10 2019, 13:42

Thank you for the reply. I was able to obtain the artifact and defeat Fiona.

Benonni Soulburner
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Postby Benonni Soulburner » May 7 2019, 5:27

First, this campaign is awesome and it is clear that a ton of work went into it. It is all you could hope for as a player - creative, challenging and addictive. Thank you to the LotA team for creating this for the HOMM Community! Beyond my shameless (but sincere) flattery, I am having difficulties on the same map as mamamia (Trial of Nicolai) and wonder if someone could give me some help. I cannot get Skraelos to interact with me. I have the quest from the Boatman to find him. When I got to his area I got a screen of the devils being killed by the liches. But I cannot interact with him to get his quest. Is there some step that I have to do first to get him to activate? Help would very much be appreciated, as this map is cool and I want to finish it.
Last edited by Benonni Soulburner on May 7 2019, 15:11, edited 1 time in total.

mctronic
Peasant
Peasant

Postby mctronic » May 7 2019, 8:56

Hello Benonni Soulburner,

Thanks for the comment.

Main reason that Skraelos does not interact is that you'll need to install patch 3.1 as the script uses functions that are only compatible to that specific version. Once installed, you'll need to restart the map.

Hope this helps.

Benonni Soulburner
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Postby Benonni Soulburner » May 7 2019, 15:14

Thanks for the quick response, mctronic. I have 3.1installed. I had rolled the dice that the campaign would play with the HMM5.5 Mod. So far it had worked but it sounds like this might be my problem.

mctronic
Peasant
Peasant

Postby mctronic » May 7 2019, 22:15

If memory recalls, map 4 (Trials of Nicolai) is the only map in the entire campaign that uses functions only compatible to version 3.1. So, in theory, you could switch back to the HOMM 5.5 Mod after successfully completing map 4. I've never tried this so I could be wrong.

Hope this helps.

Return to “Mapmaking Guild”