Heroes V Legends of the Ancients

Maps and the art of mapmaking.
Lord of the Guns
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Lord of the Guns » 01 Mar 2013, 17:35

But AFAIK the mod doesn't seems to progress beyond that. even H6 has been completely finalized. (with some attempts to mix the JVC universe with the Ashan! I KNOW that the TWO are separated and never can it be mixed!) I'm not looking for reviews of H6 'JVC Universe Adventure packs' because I don't think Black Hole Entertainment wants to create "Ancients hi-tech monsters, dungeons, and artifacts"

Marzhin. Do you study any feasibility to mod H6 and fulfill what Caneghem had been left off? Does the "Might and Magic" brand license you obtained from UBI also ends with Book 4?

Marzhin
Pit Lord
Pit Lord

Unread postby Marzhin » 01 Mar 2013, 17:45

Lord of the Guns wrote:Marzhin. Do you study any feasibility to mod H6 and fulfill what Caneghem had been left off? Does the "Might and Magic" brand license you obtained from UBI also ends with Book 4?
I didn't get any "brand licence". All I got was a nice stamp from Ubi saying they had liked what I did. And what I did is simply fan-fiction in "map" format.

If someday I have the time, I'd love to continue the story of LotA beyond Book 4. Who knows what the future holds. But the actual H5 LotA is no longer in my hands. I passed the torch a long time ago.

By the way I also wrote the 2 Adventure Packs for H6 you mention :) They are not actually "mixing the JVC universe with Ashan" (not directly anyway). What they do is feature the Ashan versions of classic M&M characters like Crag Hack and Sandro (the same way there was a Crag the Hack of Varn, a Crag Hack of Terra, a Crag Hack of Enroth, a Sandro of Xeen, etc.)

Lord of the Guns
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Lord of the Guns » 02 Mar 2013, 00:57

One of the two Adventures packs you've get involved was "Princess of VARN"
What is the second packs? if "Succession Wars" is actually the remake of H2 with Ashan looks, and World of XEEN retold MM4+MM5 in H6 engines?

I guess that the story has to be post-Reckoning. hasn't it?

Marzhin
Pit Lord
Pit Lord

Unread postby Marzhin » 02 Mar 2013, 09:36

Lord of the Guns wrote:One of the two Adventures packs you've get involved was "Princess of VARN"
What is the second packs? if "Succession Wars" is actually the remake of H2 with Ashan looks, and World of XEEN retold MM4+MM5 in H6 engines?

I guess that the story has to be post-Reckoning. hasn't it?
In the Pirates of the Savage Sea adventure pack, the bonus map is "A princess of VARN". I think of it as a "what if?" scenario. What if the Lord Ironfist of Enroth really came from VARN, what if the princess Penelope mentioned in Legends of M&M was actually King Alamar's daughter. Like LotA I consider it to be purely fan-fiction.

In the Danse Macabre adventure pack, the bonus map is "A tale of two Guardians", which is a retelling of MM4-5.

In the Gold edition, the bonus map is "The Succession Wars", inspired by the story of H2.

Ehlesgens!
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Ehlesgens! » 09 Mar 2013, 23:30

LOTA SPOILERS AHEAD !! /!\ !!

About the possibility of you continuing the story beyond the first four books, is there anything specific you want to talk about ?
I think Golwyn was mentioned in LotA (I'm not sure :ashamed: ) do you think you could tell his story ? (If I remember correctly, it's happening at the same time as those of the four books, right ?)

Do you think you would continue the stories of iconic heroes ? As an example what happened to Gauldoth, because he seemed in a very bad position after to the Kreegan rebellion ? Or Lord Harke, what happened when he went to Aalondor ? Or Darkstorm, what did he do after he settled in the Blacksword mountains ? Or Marzhin himself, ( ;) ) did he survive the encounter with Malustar, and where did he go ? And Tawni, what is she doing ?

And the refugies from Tatalia and Dagger Wound islands, what happened when they arrived on Axeoth ? (I mean, how did they settle, what ennemies did they face (like when the six original factions from HoMM4 settle in the original game) And did Kastore (is it the right name ?) finally build a heavenly forge anywhere, or did he die in the Reckoning ?

Oh my .... so many questions >< ... and so many possible stories :-D !

Sorry for the bunch of questions I asked ><

Edit: By the way, a huge thank you for both dlc's ! I loved them :D Especially the fact that you made maps based on the old worlds ( my favorite so far is "Princess of VARN", because I love Agar, but very close second is "A tale of two Guardians" ^^)

Marzhin
Pit Lord
Pit Lord

Unread postby Marzhin » 10 Mar 2013, 09:49

A story set on Aalondor with Harke exploring this mysterious continent is definitely high on my list of ideas for a (hypothetical at this point) LotA II :)

Ehlesgens!
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Ehlesgens! » 10 Mar 2013, 12:42

Marzhin wrote:A story set on Aalondor with Harke exploring this mysterious continent is definitely high on my list of ideas for a (hypothetical at this point) LotA II :)
Well, if you end up doing it and you need a translator from english to french, you can count on me :D ! (I'm Assryn's cousin, she sent me the books but I didn't know if I had to start translating since the project is stopped for now :S sorry about not contacting you :/ )

sturmblade
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby sturmblade » 31 Mar 2013, 01:28

NO! NO! All the time and no finish .Well thanks anyway.it was fun

Iceworth
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Iceworth » 30 Oct 2013, 03:12

So will the Books 3-4 ever be released? ;| Or I miss something?

P. S. Even if they wouldn't, I glad to thank Marzhin and his team for the brilliant epic story. This is my favorite tale of M&M Universe at all points.

Ehlesgens!
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Ehlesgens! » 03 Nov 2013, 13:29

Iceworth wrote:So will the Books 3-4 ever be released? ;| Or I miss something?

P. S. Even if they wouldn't, I glad to thank Marzhin and his team for the brilliant epic story. This is my favorite tale of M&M Universe at all points.
Unless there is someone to script them, it's very unlikely :/
I wish there was though ... (this was supposed to be a "subtle" call for help ^^)

Maximus97
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Maximus97 » 10 Jan 2014, 10:55

This is the best fan-made project in the M&M universe.
Thank you!

markkur
Demon
Demon

Re: Heroes V Legends of the Ancients

Unread postby markkur » 22 Jan 2017, 14:59

(fingers-crossed) Greetings once again: Cepheus, Darkjak & Zenithale

Guys, I know it's been years but a small team is now investigating and looking at finishing the 2nd Campaign. Do any of you have the Maps for Book 3? It was NOT released correct? (meaning Maps = part 1 of the Camp) Cepheus passed to me 2 maps from Book 3 that I worked on and I think 5 for Book 4 of which iirc, I only worked on the finale-map. I have Book 4 but not Book 3. However, I've downloaded Marzhin's PDF that Kalah posted and assume it is in there?

If anyone still has this stuff...I would like to get whatever you have. Apologies to Darkjak because he "may" have did this 4 years ago (I can't recall) but that PC fried...luckily I had Cepheus' stuff on a Flash.

Any help would be greatly appreciated...it will be put to very good use if we can assemble the old puzzle. Btw, Marzhin...if you have some free time? sly-tricksy-hint :D

If they don't respond, any help to contact them would be appreciated. I think it is safe to say, this is the last chance.
Cheers

Yurian Stonebow
Archmage
Archmage

Unread postby Yurian Stonebow » 23 Jan 2017, 00:49

I too would like to see the entire LotA Campaign series finished. :) You may remember me anxiously waiting for the campaign (all parts) to be released in 2011 but it all fell through due to, as we all know, real life being quite draining at times. Heroes map making is no exception to the rule. There are other things out there claiming our attention. Family, friends, work and all that you know. So... Unfortunately, I know nothing of LUA scripting and thus can not offer my assistance to the project. All I can do is give my moral support. (On a sidenote, I am currently adding final touch to markkur-Yurian Stonebow-Rama-Team EE map called "Tolkien's War of the Ring (H5)".)

WBR,

Yurian
Don't worry if things are going badly today. They will be much worse tomorrow.

Karmakeld
CH Staff
CH Staff

Unread postby Karmakeld » 24 Jan 2017, 21:04

markkur wrote: I have Book 4 but not Book 3. However, I've downloaded Marzhin's PDF that Kalah posted and assume it is in there?

If they don't respond, any help to contact them would be appreciated. I think it is safe to say, this is the last chance.
Cheers
I found an incomplete version on the LotA site - I recall - but GreatEmerald was kind enough to share this link https://www.celestialheavens.com/homm5/ ... mplete.pdf of the complete version including all 4 books, in case you lack book 3.

I believe Cepheus might be more active on Heroes Community, you could try to pm him there. Alternatively, I could mail him on your behalf.

I wish you good luck with this project..
I'm silent in seven languages - and I got all my familys fear.
Everytime you throw dirt, you loose a little ground

markkur
Demon
Demon

Unread postby markkur » 25 Jan 2017, 22:26

Karmakeld wrote: ... but GreatEmerald was kind enough to share this link https://www.celestialheavens.com/homm5/ ... mplete.pdf of the complete version including all 4 books, in case you lack book 3.
TY, I think I already have that, if that is the version Kalah put up. But I'll get it to confirm.

To be concise what I think is most needed is "all the Maps with the Planned-Objectives for Book 3". I am assuming "the new Campaign Book-3 was complete or near complete because when I made my late entry, Cepheus was working chiefly on 4. We have both, Maps & Objectives for Book 4, though the scripting has only begun.
Karmakeld wrote:I believe Cepheus might be more active on Heroes Community, you could try to pm him there. Alternatively, I could mail him on your behalf.

I've not seen him post for a very long time. Maybe you would drop him a line, just to be sure he is not interested? Ideally he should be the ramrod, since even in better health, I could not do near as well with his own work. :) He may think it out of memory but I imagine if he reviewed what I have of his, it would all come flowing back. Anyway, thank you again.

@Yurian...You are highly valued, so though I cannot say what will happen...if we have some success, you may find some mapping-work to contribute to this grand project - if it can indeed be resurrected from the cold hands of Sandro. :-D
Last edited by markkur on 27 Jan 2017, 01:09, edited 1 time in total.

Karmakeld
CH Staff
CH Staff

Unread postby Karmakeld » 28 Jan 2017, 09:14

markkur wrote:
Karmakeld wrote:I believe Cepheus might be more active on Heroes Community, you could try to pm him there. Alternatively, I could mail him on your behalf.

I've not seen him post for a very long time. Maybe you would drop him a line, just to be sure he is not interested? Ideally he should be the ramrod, since even in better health, I could not do near as well with his own work. :) He may think it out of memory but I imagine if he reviewed what I have of his, it would all come flowing back. Anyway, thank you again.
Well he was pointed in my direction by a friend, in relation to another project, but I'll mail him pointing him in your direction :)

Karmakeld
CH Staff
CH Staff

Unread postby Karmakeld » 31 Jan 2017, 20:54

@Markkur, I got a reply from Cepheus. Check your inbox, I pm'ed you on how to get in touch with him

markkur
Demon
Demon

Unread postby markkur » 10 Feb 2017, 22:27

TY very much...you now have my message to you.

markkur
Demon
Demon

Unread postby markkur » 18 Feb 2017, 17:23

Casts..."Summoning" on Yurian Stonebow
Check your messages

markkur
Demon
Demon

Unread postby markkur » 07 Apr 2017, 17:23

To all that have offered to help me, I want to thank you VERY MUCH but because of worsening health I need to call it quits. Life is what it is and sometimes we need to do what we do not want to do.

I've enjoyed my time at CH and will miss mapmaking etc.

Love & Joy to each of you.
Make it Great!
Markkur

Return to “Mapmaking Guild”