Heroes V Legends of the Ancients

Maps and the art of mapmaking.
Mamamia
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Re: Heroes V Legends of the Ancients

Unread postby Mamamia » 09 Apr 2019, 14:00

Hello mctronic,

The name of the hero is Fiona. She is located in the underground section, north and slightly west from the center of the map. She is close to the whirlpool where you arrive from, just south east of it. The gate is guarded by a Pit Lord on each side and they throw boulders and kill Nicolai before he can attack Fiona. Thank you.

mctronic
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby mctronic » 10 Apr 2019, 00:01

Oh okay I remember now. You need to get the Cloak of Sylanna, located in the western part of the map.If you need more help to acquire the artifact don't hesitate to ask.

Mamamia
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Mamamia » 10 Apr 2019, 13:42

Thank you for the reply. I was able to obtain the artifact and defeat Fiona.

Benonni Soulburner
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Benonni Soulburner » 07 May 2019, 05:27

First, this campaign is awesome and it is clear that a ton of work went into it. It is all you could hope for as a player - creative, challenging and addictive. Thank you to the LotA team for creating this for the HOMM Community! Beyond my shameless (but sincere) flattery, I am having difficulties on the same map as mamamia (Trial of Nicolai) and wonder if someone could give me some help. I cannot get Skraelos to interact with me. I have the quest from the Boatman to find him. When I got to his area I got a screen of the devils being killed by the liches. But I cannot interact with him to get his quest. Is there some step that I have to do first to get him to activate? Help would very much be appreciated, as this map is cool and I want to finish it.
Last edited by Benonni Soulburner on 07 May 2019, 15:11, edited 1 time in total.

mctronic
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby mctronic » 07 May 2019, 08:56

Hello Benonni Soulburner,

Thanks for the comment.

Main reason that Skraelos does not interact is that you'll need to install patch 3.1 as the script uses functions that are only compatible to that specific version. Once installed, you'll need to restart the map.

Hope this helps.

Benonni Soulburner
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Benonni Soulburner » 07 May 2019, 15:14

Thanks for the quick response, mctronic. I have 3.1installed. I had rolled the dice that the campaign would play with the HMM5.5 Mod. So far it had worked but it sounds like this might be my problem.

mctronic
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby mctronic » 07 May 2019, 22:15

If memory recalls, map 4 (Trials of Nicolai) is the only map in the entire campaign that uses functions only compatible to version 3.1. So, in theory, you could switch back to the HOMM 5.5 Mod after successfully completing map 4. I've never tried this so I could be wrong.

Hope this helps.

shep61
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby shep61 » 01 Jun 2019, 18:54

I'm having trouble with the same map, Trials of Nicolai. I know I need to get the shackles of the last man to light the pillar and I know where they are, but I can get near the wizard city where they are without getting killed. I'm clearly missing something....

mctronic
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby mctronic » 01 Jun 2019, 18:57

Hello Shep61,

You are indeed missing something. You need something that grants you lightning resistance...

Hope this helps

shep61
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby shep61 » 01 Jun 2019, 21:28

Ah. Thanks. I already got rid of that ring at the altar. I should know better than to get rid of artifacts... Got to go back in time now. I appreciate the quick response.

shep61
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby shep61 » 01 Jun 2019, 22:06

OK, sorry to be stupid, but when I go for the last trial (forgiveness), I get into a fight I can't win. I know it mirrors my army, but I can't use my dark magic spells, so my hero is useless and the enemy stats are insane. Am I missing something again? Even if I somehow win after many tries, I will have no army left.....

shep61
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby shep61 » 02 Jun 2019, 02:08

Never mind. I got it. I was stupid.... Very interesting gameplay! Nicely done!

shep61
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby shep61 » 02 Jun 2019, 18:44

mctronic, I have now tried to boss fight eleven times and have not even come close to winning. I'm on normal difficulty! My hero has no useful spells and the enemy hero is insane. Wild defense, four stacks of tier 7 creatures, and he just keeps casting curse of the netherworld and wiping out multiple stacks of mine at once. I don't even get out of the starting positions and my gated creatures have no time to appear. His defense is so large that it takes attacks from all of my stacks to kill one of his. Am I missing something again?

mctronic
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby mctronic » 02 Jun 2019, 19:11

Hello Shep61,

Unfortunately, you aren't missing anything. In this case, you simply have to outwit your enemy. Below are some tips:

1- Use gating
2- Cast mass weakness (if I recalled correctly)
3- Use mark of the Damned.

Hope this helps.

shep61
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby shep61 » 02 Jun 2019, 22:30

OK. Well, I'm quite the HOMM veteran and love tough fights, but this one is ridiculous. Now on try number 22. Have never even been close to winning. Not fun any more. With 35 in every stat and mass spells against my 25 stats and virtually no spells, I don't see how this can be won. I have gated, used mass weakness multiple times, and always used mark of the damned. My 25 arch demons kill 2 enemies max with that much defense. If anyone out there has won this battle, let me hear from you. I can't imagine this battle on hard or heroic..... About to quit, which is very sad, as I was truly enjoying this campaign!

shep61
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby shep61 » 02 Jun 2019, 22:47

Well, #26 was the charm. Finally won! Thanks for a great challenge, mctronic! Onward!

powershiftffs
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby powershiftffs » 20 Dec 2019, 11:22

Benonni Soulburner wrote:Thanks for the quick response, mctronic. I have 3.1installed. I had rolled the dice that the campaign would play with the HMM5.5 Mod. So far it had worked but it sounds like this might be my problem.
I had to register just to share the frustration. I too have tried to play with HoMM5.5, I didn't level Nicolas properly during the previous missions and the dificulty of this map was very high. Also had to deinstall5.5 and restart mission over again only to find out that you're given free troops every week once the scripts start working properly... How much did I suffer clearing every pack carefully with nerfed raise dead, at least vanilla is much easier in that sense

Zehir
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Zehir » 11 Jun 2020, 19:38

I simply love this campaign. Played Books 1 and 2 several years back, so you can imagine my delight when I found you guys released the Book 3.

Scratch all that. You guys made an amazing work.
I even read the story for the book 4, so I simply cannot wait :-D
Last edited by Zehir on 11 Jun 2020, 19:43, edited 1 time in total.

Quantomas
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Quantomas » 18 Jun 2020, 16:25

Hello mctronic,
How are you doing? I can't believe that so much time has passed, but the moment has come that I am about to release the new AI.
I can also promote LotA, but it would be good if we could talk some about it.

To all fans of LotA, if you are interested to see the new advanced AI of Heroes V come to life or take part in the project, you are welcome to join us on Discord.: discord.gg/8XsyaM

Quantomas
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Quantomas » 20 Jun 2020, 16:34

Here is an updated link: https://discord.gg/45SFAg

mctronic, do you have somehow two accounts on Discord? There is somehow a weird bug that seems to have been caused by using two invites.

Return to “Mapmaking Guild”