All you need to do is to rename a directory inside the *.h5m file. h5m files are renamed zip archives with a typical structure Maps/maptype/mapname/map_files
maptype is either SingleMissions or Multiplayer.
1. Unpack your *.h5m file. if not possible otherwise, rename it first to a zip file
2. Change the directory to the map type you want
3. Pack it back to a zip file. Be sure to keep the original directories structure and not pack only the subdirectories
4. Rename the obtained zip to h5m
How to add a PWL image?
This function is not working properly in version 1.3 editor.
1. make a 1024x1024 pixels image and convert it to *.dds format. If you have phothoshop, search for nVidia dds plug-in to do the conversion. There are other possibilities saving an image in dds format though. For example http://eliteforce2.filefront.com/file/D ... rter;29412
Edit later: see also this thread
2. Go to the map properties tree in map editor and generate a new reference file for PWLPicture
3. close the editor and unpack the *.h5m file
4. move the dds image file that you created into the unpacked directory where all other unpacked map files are located
5. In the same directory must now be the PWL reference file that you created in the editor. Open it in a text editor (Notepad).
6. Find line <DestName href="/"/> and type the name of your dds fail into it. For example <DestName href="/MyPWL.dds"/>
7. Save and close the text editor
8. Pack all files back to a zip file. Again, do not forget to keep the original structure of directories.
9 Rename the zip back to h5m file
How to add thumbnail images? (credits for finding this method go to Fiur and Alavris)
1. Create 240 x 180 pixel images that you wish to show up. (Remember that you can have text on your images and they do not have to be screenshots)
2. Convert the images to 8888 dds format. If you have nVidia plug-in for Adobe photoshop, you will find the 8888 32 bit mode in a drop-down menu. Not sure about other converters.
2. Unpack your h5m map file
3. Move the dds images to where all other unpacked map files are.
4. For each dds file create a new reference file (use Notepad). Copy pase the following code into them, and pay attention that DDSFILENAME.dds is replaced with your own dds file name. Save all with xdb not txt extension.
Code: Select all
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?> <Texture> <SrcName href="/"/> <DestName href="/DDSFILENAME.dds"/> <Type>TEXTURE_2D</Type> <ConversionType>CONVERT_TRANSPARENT</ConversionType> <AddrType>CLAMP</AddrType> <Format>TF_8888</Format> <Width>240</Width> <Height>180</Height> <MappingSize>0</MappingSize> <NMips>1</NMips> <Gain>0</Gain> <AverageColor>0</AverageColor> <InstantLoad>true</InstantLoad> <IsDXT>false</IsDXT> <FlipY>false</FlipY> <StandardExport>true</StandardExport> <UseS3TC>false</UseS3TC> </Texture>
6. Find map-tag.xdb file in the same directory and open it in Notepad
7. Replace <thumbnailImages/> with
Code: Select all
<thumbnailImages> <Item href="/NAME_OF_THE_TEXT_FILE_YOU_JUST_CREATED.xdb#xpointer(/Texture)"/> <Item href="/NAME_2.xdb#xpointer(/Texture)"/> </thumbnailImages>
8. Save and exit Notepad
9. Pack everything back to a proper h5m file.
How do make scripts working in multiplayer games?
Hehee, may I suggest waiting for Heroes VI?