Scout
Scout

Unread postby alavris » 19 Oct 2006, 13:37

Yes, they are. Only text are in Polish.

ransomdl
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby ransomdl » 19 Oct 2006, 14:46

[quote="alavris"]Yes, they are. Only text are in Polish.
.[/quote]

Thanks for the reply.

Tried to download maps from your site reference. When I pressed the "Download Page", the screen came back with the following:
"Please Enter FAF here: _________ Download Page (Button)"

Not sure what reference to FAF means or what information it is looking for, but when I clicked the Download Page button, a screen came up stating: Install with Windows Professional 2000. Since my operating system is Windows XP, it would not install. Doesn't the download allow you to download and save to file? What am I doing wrong?
ransomdl
Warlock

alavris
Scout
Scout

Unread postby alavris » 19 Oct 2006, 16:07

"Please Enter FAF here: _________ Download Page (Button)"
FAF meaned that you had to write "FAF" after "here:". Every time it's other combination of letters.

ransomdl
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby ransomdl » 20 Oct 2006, 15:14

[quote="alavris"][quote]"Please Enter FAF here: _________ Download Page (Button)" [/quote]
FAF meaned that you had to write "FAF" after "here:". Every time it's other combination of letters.[/quote]

When I get through the site access information and click on the download page, a small screen comes up and ask for me to insert my Microsoft Office 2000 Professional disk. Since my operating system is Windows XP Home Addition, I don't have Office 2000 Professional. Is there a way to get around this and what does the download need from Office 2000 Professional to download the file.
ransomdl
Warlock

alavris
Scout
Scout

Unread postby alavris » 20 Oct 2006, 17:59

ransomdl wrote:a small screen comes up and ask for me to insert my Microsoft Office 2000 Professional disk.
8| I have no idea what does that site want from you... I also have WinXP and the download page works ok. That's very strange and I don't think I could figure out what is wrong with your operating system or internet browser...

ransomdl
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby ransomdl » 21 Oct 2006, 01:58

[quote="alavris"][quote="ransomdl"]a small screen comes up and ask for me to insert my Microsoft Office 2000 Professional disk.[/quote]
8| I have no idea what does that site want from you... I also have WinXP and the download page works ok. That's very strange and I don't think I could figure out what is wrong with your operating system or internet browser...
.[/quote]

Thanks for your help. Your information in this segment was very helpful and I will keep trying to figure out what the problems are with the download.
ransomdl
Warlock

ransomdl
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Conversion of Maps from .pak to .h5m

Unread postby ransomdl » 28 Oct 2006, 16:20

alavris,

Finally found my problem with the download from your site. I had a Windows 2000 Professional version of PowerPoint that the download program was seeing and once I deleted this program, the download worked fine with Windows XP.

I have been working on the conversion of the North American release of the maps to open in the Editor and when I try to modify the "map.tag.xdb" the save file gives me an error message and tells me that "access to change the map is denied". Any suggestions?

In my Heroes V data folder there are four data.pak files: data.pak, p0-data.pak, p1-data.pak and p2-data.pak. I have extracted all of these with zip program and have found maps like SL1 in single player in three (3) of the four data.pak files. Do I need to put all of these in one folder or do I just put one of the SL1 map folders from one of the data.pak files?
ransomdl
Warlock

alavris
Scout
Scout

Re: Conversion of Maps from .pak to .h5m

Unread postby alavris » 28 Oct 2006, 18:09

ransomdl wrote:the save file gives me an error message and tells me that "access to change the map is denied". Any suggestions?
Right-click on this file ---> go to "Properties" ---> unmark "Read Only"
ransomdl wrote:In my Heroes V data folder there are four data.pak files: data.pak, p0-data.pak, p1-data.pak and p2-data.pak. I have extracted all of these with zip program and have found maps like SL1 in single player in three (3) of the four data.pak files. Do I need to put all of these in one folder or do I just put one of the SL1 map folders from one of the data.pak files?
These new data.pak files are probalby created when installing patches. I think it's not necessary to put all of map files from them into one folder (if these map files have the same names), just only files from main data.pak, but why not? ;) Then there is no risk :)

ransomdl
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby ransomdl » 28 Oct 2006, 22:38

[quote="alavris"][quote="ransomdl"]the save file gives me an error message and tells me that "access to change the map is denied". Any suggestions?[/quote]
Right-click on this file ---> go to "Properties" ---> unmark "Read Only"

[quote="ransomdl"]In my Heroes V data folder there are four data.pak files: data.pak, p0-data.pak, p1-data.pak and p2-data.pak. I have extracted all of these with zip program and have found maps like SL1 in single player in three (3) of the four data.pak files. Do I need to put all of these in one folder or do I just put one of the SL1 map folders from one of the data.pak files?[/quote]
These new data.pak files are probalby created when installing patches. I think it's not necessary to put all of map files from them into one folder (if these map files have the same names), just only files from main data.pak, but why not? ;) Then there is no risk :)

.[/quote]

Thanks this helped and worked fine, except how do you change the .zip file to .h5m to complete the conversion? Your help is greatly appreciated as I am just learning to use the Zip application to create Zip files with version 10.
ransomdl
Warlock

alavris
Scout
Scout

Unread postby alavris » 29 Oct 2006, 09:46

ransomdl wrote:how do you change the .zip file to .h5m to complete the conversion?
Every .h5m file is exactly a .zip file, so it can be opened in every program that supports zip format. So, to make a .h5m file from .zip file, you just only have to change filename extension:

before: map_name.zip
after: map_name.h5m

By the way... there can be troubles with changing filename extensnion in Windows, if you don't have "show all filename extensions" option enabled.
But if you can see whole filenames (with extensions), there is no problem.

meows
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby meows » 03 Nov 2006, 09:10

Any english versions of the maps available? Sorry I do not know polish.. shoot i barely get along in english and it's my native language.

alavris
Scout
Scout

Unread postby alavris » 04 Nov 2006, 14:53

meows wrote:Any english versions of the maps available? Sorry I do not know polish.. shoot i barely get along in english and it's my native language.
It looks like there is no chance to get english versions of the maps, you have to make them by yourself...

meows
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby meows » 10 Nov 2006, 09:43

Oh goodie i would love to.. how about a hint or two on how to do that?

alavris
Scout
Scout

Unread postby alavris » 10 Nov 2006, 20:22

meows wrote:Oh goodie i would love to.. how about a hint or two on how to do that?
Read the first and second page of this topic :) It's explained...

LoneChinchilla
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby LoneChinchilla » 02 Jan 2007, 15:29

Did anyone ever get alavris' instructions to work for getting the Nival maps into the editor? The editor won't open the .h5m file I make. Can anyone help?

One thing I think I might be doing wrong is putting the wrong files into the final \Map\Multiplayer\M10\ folder before zipping it. I am including only the contents of the original \Map\Multiplayer\M10\ folder, after having modified two of those files following his instructions.
alavris wrote:Margie414 asked me about convertion from .pak to .h5m, so here I present in 10 steps how to do this:

1) In your Heroes V data folder, extract all .pak files to the same directory.
2) In this example we will convert multiplayer map named "M10", so firstly open extracted "\Maps\Multiplayer\M10" folder.
3) Change the name of M10.xdb file to map.xdb.
4) In third line of map-tag.xdb file, change "M10.xdb" to "map.xdb" so the line looks like this:

Code: Select all

<AdvMapDesc href="/map.xdb#xpointer(/AdvMapDesc)"/>
5) Now in some other place create this folder structure: "\Maps\Multiplayer\M10".
6) Copy all the map files to this folder structure.
7) Pack this structure into ZIP archive. (not RAR or any other!)
8) Change name of the file from .zip to .h5m.
9) copy this .h5m file to your Heroes V Maps directory.
10) Now you can open this map in the editor :)
Last edited by LoneChinchilla on 02 Jan 2007, 18:17, edited 1 time in total.

alavris
Scout
Scout

Unread postby alavris » 02 Jan 2007, 15:47

How many files do you have in the final M10 folder?

There should be:
  • Desc1.txt
    desc.txt
    GroundTerrain.bin
    map.xdb
    map-tag.xdb
    mM10_pic.dds
    mM10_pic.xdb
    name1.txt
    name.txt
    Obj1Desc.txt
    Obj1Name.txt
    Obj2Desc.txt
    Obj2Name.txt
    UndergroundTerrain.bin

LoneChinchilla
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby LoneChinchilla » 02 Jan 2007, 16:15

The only files I have in the original \Maps\Multiplayer\M10 folder (after changing name of one of them) are

GroundTerrain.bin
map.xdb
map-tag.xdb
mM10_pic.dds
mM10_pic.xdb
UndergroundTerrain.bin

When I look in your h5m file, you have many more files than that. What folder did you get them from? However, I wonder if they are important: When I take your h5m file and delete everything except for those files, it still opens in my map editor. However, the version I make with those files does not open.

I think M10 might be a map from a the bonus map patch? I'm not sure what its English name is or whether my editor can actually open the original--maybe there is some problem with my original files?

Rainalkar
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Rainalkar » 02 Jan 2007, 16:16

Is there a way to download campaign maps?

alavris
Scout
Scout

Unread postby alavris » 02 Jan 2007, 16:19

Rainalkar wrote:Is there a way to download campaign maps?
Sorry, no. I've tried to convert these campaing maps, but I've never succeeded.

alavris
Scout
Scout

Unread postby alavris » 02 Jan 2007, 16:29

LoneChinchilla, you have to extract all .pak files from "data" folder. Maybe when you uses few files from my version and few from yours, it causes the problem...

Maybe there's problem with files compression...?

Try converting other map, maybe there's something wrong only with this scenario.

Return to “Mapmaking Guild”