Jo Li's Map Workshop

Maps and the art of mapmaking.
Jo Li KMC
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Jo Li's Map Workshop

Unread postby Jo Li KMC » 01 Dec 2022, 04:43

Greetings and hello!

I'm not sure how often I'm going to update this as my interest in things comes and goes on a whim… but should I start making maps for any of the Heroes games, this'll be the place they'll end up! That being said, let's get to my offerings for the time, shall we?

(Click on the mini-map images to download them.)

WCES '95 for Heroes of Might and Magic: A Strategic Quest
Four heroes. Seven towns. No room to breathe, no way out. Can you beat the odds?

This is a recreation of the map seen in the non-interactive Winter CES '95 demo of Heroes of Might and Magic – which is why it's named what it is. Some very small modifications have been made compared to the original, but it's pretty much an exact replica.
(And yes, I know the original demo map can be played as is. I just wanted to make my own remake. d: )

Tutorial for Heroes of Might and Magic II: The Succession Wars
The Knight has a Barbarian and a Warlock trapped on the penincula.
(Note: That was exactly how it's typed in the save game.)

It's a completely pointless remake of the Tutorial map from the "Tutorial.gm1" save file! Wow!
Seriously though, this is a case where the map file, itself, was just never publicly shared. Someone else actually did this one, already, Yahoo! Groups doesn't really exist, anymore, so I decided to go ahead and make a version, myself. This, too, may disappear to the sands of time… Or maybe it won't. Who can say?

WCES '95 for Heroes of Might and Magic II: The Succession Wars
Four heroes. Seven towns. No room to breathe, no way out. Can you beat the odds?

A remake of a remake? The devil, you say! Yep, I went ahead and remade the Heroes I demo map for Heroes II. Why? Eh, why not?
Actually, there's a few differences between this one and the Heroes I version – mostly due to how different tiles have different collision in the Heroes II engine. It makes for a familiar, yet slightly different, sort of experience!

That's all, for now. Cheers!
I'm not that hard to find… if you know where to look.
-=( https://jolikmc.tumblr.com )=-

Formerly "Doc Lithius" – Changed on Nov. 19, 2022

Return to “Mapmaking Guild”