Heroes V ToE - The Agbeth problem

Maps and the art of mapmaking.
Magelord
Peasant
Peasant

Heroes V ToE - The Agbeth problem

Unread postby Magelord » 18 Jul 2015, 06:31

Any help here would be AWESOME! :D This should be a simple fix for the Map Masters out there but I just can't figure it out on my own.

So I am making a Warlock centric map for Heroes V ToE and want Agbeth (pictured above) as the main hero but try as I might I can't find him anywhere in the map editor?! I have found all the other campaign heroes easily enough but this guy is just an enigma, I don't see his file at all?

The Map is almost done, I just need to sort out Agbeth here.

Thank you in advance if anyone can help me to get him?

Magelord
Peasant
Peasant

Re: Heroes V ToE - The Agbeth problem

Unread postby Magelord » 22 Jul 2015, 04:13

Hello, hello, hellooo...
Is anybody out there???

What an awesome song, but seriously does anyone know how I can find Agbeth in the Map Editor? I would have thought this an easy fix for the more seasoned Map Masters out there? Much thanks in advance for any help! :)

markkur
Demon
Demon

Unread postby markkur » 22 Jul 2015, 10:42

Don't forget the site has been locked.

Anyway, Agbeth is the first name in the "internal" Dungeon list...Almegir

If you don't know what I mean. Place any Dungeon Hero, open map-properties and click on the Hero. The info-in-screen will change to object-properties and then click on "Shared" and then on the tiny-box on the left...the internal files will pop-up.

Magelord
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Magelord » 23 Jul 2015, 08:21

markkur wrote:Don't forget the site has been locked.

Anyway, Agbeth is the first name in the "internal" Dungeon list...Almegir

If you don't know what I mean. Place any Dungeon Hero, open map-properties and click on the Hero. The info-in-screen will change to object-properties and then click on "Shared" and then on the tiny-box on the left...the internal files will pop-up.

Yeah, I saw the forum got locked during the server migration.

Thanks for the assist Markkur but I am still stuck though. As you can see Almegir = Yrbeth that Warlock girl with the crazy hair. Is there a way to assign Agbeth's face icon to this hero instead of hers? that would meet my goal if possible as the stats and specializations are the same. Any thoughts?

Thanks again for trying to help I really do appreciate it.

markkur
Demon
Demon

Unread postby markkur » 23 Jul 2015, 13:33

Yes there is. I'll take a closer look and write down what I do to share.

markkur
Demon
Demon

Unread postby markkur » 23 Jul 2015, 15:30

Agbeth is the main hero of ToE single player scenario "Hate Breeds Hate."

Sorry...no go. I now remember this quest from a few years back. I wanted all Heroes and I couldn't figure out how to get Agbeth, other than playing his special TotE scenario. At the time, no one else knew either.

Fyi, I hoped just putting "Hate breeds Hate" in Maps would act as a Mod (as it often will) but ofc, no go.

I tried a few things but the files are really bizarre. (to me anyway) (You high-lighted two of them.

Inside the Editor there is an XDB file for Agbeth but no textures that I could find but I did notice "auto-load" in one of the files names...whatever the heck that means.

Then there's this <imo> silly bit;
ModelModel:_(Model)\Heroes\DemonLord_LOD.(Model)
AnimSet:_(AnimSet)\Heroes\DemonLord_LOD-adv.(AnimSet)

A Demon Lord...LOD?

I experimented with parsing the files in 7-zip and pasting inside the Editor, but after a bit, it all started seeming very familiar. As in I've already hit this Dead-end. :wall:

Anyway, hope you can figure it out or someone that has more skill than myself. Good luck.

Magelord
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Magelord » 24 Jul 2015, 07:41

Man that is frustrating, I can't believe this one hero is so freaking off the RADAR that Nival/Ubisoft/whoever embedded them so deep to the point of being useless except for the one scenario map.

I did make a map a few years ago where I was able to include Agbeth in some form or other so he was at least accessible at one time but the whole map corrupted just days from completion and it has taken this long since I tried another go at it.

Oh and on an aside those Demonlord files you mentioned refer to the unique character of the "Demonlord" that Agbeth as an objective of the scenario has to give the Tome of Destruction too. It's not related to the Agbeth files in any way as far as I know.

Thanks for all the effort mate. Your a real trooper digging into those files like that, I really do appreciate the time you took on your part, this kind of community cooperation is why I roll here at Celestial Heavens as opposed to various other Heroes related sites. :hail: :applause:

OK so now that we have realized Agbeth is not in any way an easy nut to crack does anyone else have any ideas or previous experience pulling this character? Hell if I could attach his face texture to another Dungeon character that would even suffice. :|

markkur
Demon
Demon

Unread postby markkur » 26 Jul 2015, 07:26

I found Agbeth's pictures.

Use 7zip to open Hate breeds Hate and copy the 4 "Ranleth" files to "Downloads" and you move them from there. The first time I looked inside the files I didn't bother...it said Ranleth after all, but this time I previewed them in Photoshop and those are Agbeth's face. They are 2 dds and 2 xdb files.

Magelord
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Magelord » 26 Jul 2015, 13:33

markkur wrote:I found Agbeth's pictures.

Use 7zip to open Hate breeds Hate and copy the 4 "Ranleth" files to "Downloads" and you move them from there. The first time I looked inside the files I didn't bother...it said Ranleth after all, but this time I previewed them in Photoshop and those are Agbeth's face. They are 2 dds and 2 xdb files.

That's AWESOME!

I downloaded 7zip but silly question...I can't find the "Hate breeds Hate" map? I can play it easy enough but have no idea where to look for it? Then the trick will be how to make the editor see those pictures right?

markkur
Demon
Demon

Unread postby markkur » 26 Jul 2015, 13:50

It's listed as a TotE SP scenario.

Here are all the Original game Maps, repackaged as .h5m files

http://www.heroesofmightandmagic.com/he ... maps.shtml

For some reason I can no longer see the texture files (file-tree) in the Editor. I can only see three locations of Heroes and yet I know there are also texture files. In game they are listed exactly as those <ahem> "Agbeth/Ranleth" files were made for that single map.

Surely now that we know where the TGA files are, someone can make use of them. I'll keep plugging along...though this is not really my cup o' tea'.

Oh horsefeathers...just became a demon. I'd rather be the red-dragon.

markkur
Demon
Demon

Unread postby markkur » 26 Jul 2015, 14:42

Success! At putting Agbeth/Ranleth face on "my" map. The Bio-text is still Yrbeth but to change that you'll need to create the correct file. Btw, I found all the texture files...of course they were in the "Data" folder in DATA. Like I said, it's been a while.

Anyway, do the place Yrbeth on the map and then click the shared line to access the deeper/hidden files. Look for the following lines and go to the lines that are specified in their location string as read here.
FaceTexture Texture:Maps\SingleMissions\A2S3\Dungeon Ranleth_128_128.(Texture)
Texture:Maps\SingleMissions\A2S3\Dungeon Ranleth_128_64.(Texture)

Notice both files are under the Single-mission A253...which should be from Hate Breeds Hate. I went to the hassle of adding those Ranleth textures to the Data pal but it was not needed. As we suspected the files are already there. For the Bio-files you could just copy the folder from the SP map and add them to you own map and that should work.

Cheers

Magelord
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Magelord » 26 Jul 2015, 16:57

markkur wrote:Success!...

Anyway, do the place Yrbeth on the map and then click the shared line to access the deeper/hidden files. Look for the following lines and go to the lines that are specified in their location string as read here.
FaceTexture Texture:Maps\SingleMissions\A2S3\Dungeon Ranleth_128_128.(Texture)
Texture:Maps\SingleMissions\A2S3\Dungeon Ranleth_128_64.(Texture)
SUCCESS, indeed!!!

Markkur, you are a FRIGGIN GENIUS!!! It worked like a charm! This is one thread for the archives should anyone ever want to use this character (Agbeth) this is the one and only known way to do so and do it easily! Well done and thanks a million to the one and only Markkur, your da MAN!!!

markkur
Demon
Demon

Unread postby markkur » 26 Jul 2015, 21:19

Seeing that pic...made my day. Just awesome that is.

Make it great!

Magelord
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Magelord » 27 Jul 2015, 16:32

markkur wrote:Seeing that pic...made my day. Just awesome that is.

Make it great!
Glad to hear it mate, if it is anything like my last map it will be!

Return to “Mapmaking Guild”