HOMM5: Random creature weeks

Maps and the art of mapmaking.
Milos Gajic
Peasant
Peasant

HOMM5: Random creature weeks

Unread postby Milos Gajic » 12 May 2015, 14:33

I know that these forums are a bit dead now, but here I go again with the question.

Is there a way to prevent random creature weeks from occurring?

What I mean is: how to prevent random monsters from spawning all around your map when their week arrives, or to prevent that week from occurring? Or is there some way around this that gets you the same result - no creatures anywhere except those that I have placed...

I mean this via script, off course.

Thanks in advance

Pitsu
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Pitsu » 12 May 2015, 17:24

In map properties tree there should be parameter "MoonCalendarModifications" and under that "BlockMonstersWeeks" which can have true/false values. If you turn it "true" does it not stop random monster weeks?

Milos Gajic
Peasant
Peasant

TNX

Unread postby Milos Gajic » 12 May 2015, 18:34

Pitsu wrote:does it not stop random monster weeks?
Thanks Pitsu, and just a note: I don't really like that ironic tone of the answer, not all of us here are the experts in the field of map making...

Pitsu
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Pitsu » 12 May 2015, 18:57

Sorry, it was a question because I do not trust the editor, not because i wanted to mock you. Not everything that Ubi and Co has made work as it should, and I have not tested the random monster week option myself. There would have been no surprise if you would have answered "tried that, and it does not work".

Milos Gajic
Peasant
Peasant

Ok

Unread postby Milos Gajic » 12 May 2015, 19:41

Pitsu wrote:Sorry, it was a question because I do not trust the editor, not because i wanted to mock you.
Well, I am sorry but it really sounded like that. Anyway, I will try it in the morning since now I have other things to do, like watching Champions league Bayern Munich vs Barcelona :) alas my favorite is losing :(

Cheers!

Return to “Mapmaking Guild”