2 Way Monoliths(portals) in HeroesV ToE Map editor

Maps and the art of mapmaking.
Magelord
Peasant
Peasant

2 Way Monoliths(portals) in HeroesV ToE Map editor

Unread postby Magelord » 12 Dec 2013, 00:58

Great Googly-Moogly I can't seem to find a reference to this anywhere!

Can anyone help me out with what should be a ridiculously easy question?

I just dropped 6 Two-Way-Monoliths on a map I am making and for the love of all that is Holy I can't negotiate the properties menu well enough to separate the monoliths into their three distinct groups!

Basically, how do I link them(assign value) in the Map editor?

Image[/img]

markkur
Demon
Demon

Unread postby markkur » 14 Dec 2013, 00:10

Assign each separate group of Portals or Gates with a unique number. Never use 0 as that's default if you forget or have the double-placement glitch happen. Same thing with the one-ways. Also, if you get an error for a unmatched 0 gate or portal, it's easy to locate and delete. For ease, I like to use the faction numbers 1-8 and then 11-22,33 etc and 111-222 on to 888, just to keep things simple.

Btw, this also works for the Seers-Huts & Eyes. If you want a slow-reveal, unless you assign them in sets, all eyes will be default zero and reveal at once rather than planned stages

Magelord
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Magelord » 19 Dec 2013, 19:58

markkur wrote:Assign each separate group of Portals or Gates with a unique number. Never use 0 as that's default if you forget or have the double-placement glitch happen. Same thing with the one-ways. Also, if you get an error for a unmatched 0 gate or portal, it's easy to locate and delete. For ease, I like to use the faction numbers 1-8 and then 11-22,33 etc and 111-222 on to 888, just to keep things simple.

Btw, this also works for the Seers-Huts & Eyes. If you want a slow-reveal, unless you assign them in sets, all eyes will be default zero and reveal at once rather than planned stages
Sorry for the late reply and thanks partner the way you wrote that explained it perfectly!

markkur
Demon
Demon

Unread postby markkur » 22 Dec 2013, 16:13

You're welcome. Btw, I posted your question and my answer in the Guide-Thread. (I want this thread to contain all my answers) After doing so another member mentioned "the short-cut, using the Spacebar to set properties." I informed him you had posted a pic of the properties but I thought I would swing back here and mention that shortcut just in case.

Here's the link to my 2nd version of my text-guide to H5 mapmaking, if you've not seen it.

http://forum.eternal-essence.com/showthread.php?tid=168

Return to “Mapmaking Guild”