H4 editing - couple of questions

Maps and the art of mapmaking.
Senatorial
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

H4 editing - couple of questions

Unread postby Senatorial » 04 Sep 2013, 16:24

Couple questions...

- How do tunnels in H4 align choose the destination? When they're placed almost on top of each other, they're just one-to-one, but what if you have two tunnels in opposite corners, one below and one above? Or what if you have 2 tunnels above in two corners, and two tunnels below in two different corners? Does the type of tunnel matter?

- Same thing with ferries. It's only possible to have one path connecting all of the ferries on the map, right?

Thank you!

Karmakeld
CH Staff
CH Staff

Unread postby Karmakeld » 22 Sep 2013, 11:22

You could easily test this in a test map. just place the tunnels/ferries where you wish to and place a hero/monster and let them pass. Type of tunnel doesn't matter. Each type can connect to the other. Both can have downwards stairs or one be with skull the other regular tunnel.

QUICK TEST SHOWS:
Tunnel in each lower corner underground.
Tunnels in each upper corner above ground.
Lower left connects to upper left. And right to right.

Placing a tunnel closer to the center in above left and below right: They will now connect, and the ones in the corners are still connected. Even if you place the corner one afterwards.

Removing one in diagonal corners: below right will lead to above left.

Ferries are connected by Water. If you have just one stream of Water (must be blue/unpassable when passability is shown) and 10 ferries connected to it, you can choose ferry just like portals. The stream can goes from ones side of the map to the other but not between ground levels. Second waterline will connect another closed group of ferries.

hope this answers you question
I'm silent in seven languages - and I got all my familys fear.
Everytime you throw dirt, you loose a little ground

Karmakeld
CH Staff
CH Staff

Unread postby Karmakeld » 14 Oct 2013, 01:22

additionel info: If you place two tunnel in let say the underground close to one another but only one above, and you would choose to block of the underground ones, it seem to connect with the closest one. So remember to test how they link..
I'm silent in seven languages - and I got all my familys fear.
Everytime you throw dirt, you loose a little ground

Thelonious
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Thelonious » 31 Oct 2013, 09:12

A different solution could be (but only if you'd want this and you have the possiblity) to use two-way portals. You can put them anywhere ofcourse. The appearance might not be what you want though.
Grah!

Return to “Mapmaking Guild”