Heroes 3 Computer Heroes

Maps and the art of mapmaking.
MeCho
Peasant
Peasant

Heroes 3 Computer Heroes

Unread postby MeCho » 19 Aug 2013, 05:07

Is there a way to make that computer controled heroes wouldnt disapear after 7 days whithout town ? also lets say i made a hero that has 7 slots of 100 skeletons is it possible that computer will combine the army into a single slot of 700 skeletons?

GreatEmerald
CH Staff
CH Staff

Unread postby GreatEmerald » 19 Aug 2013, 06:41

You can use the same tactic as people use with allowing player heroes to not perish after a week: place a town with everything disabled in a hidden portion of the map. It will still give a bit of extra gold for the player, but it also ensures the heroes stay alive. Note that you'll have to modify the victory conditions in that case, since that town won't be accessible to human players (set them to hero defeat or so).

As for combining, I think they do that if something joins their army or when purchasing units, in order to make room for them.

MeCho
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby MeCho » 19 Aug 2013, 12:50

yeah the isolated town thing is the only thing i thought of as well the thing is i dont want any victory conditions i promote game breaking rewards instad .... i guess ill be fine i made accessing the computer only town the hardest challenge

Tyber Zann
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Tyber Zann » 13 Sep 2013, 20:47

I find border guards work great for temporary isolation. Basically, u could make a portal to the hidden base, blocked with a couple border guards, and put the keymaster tent somewhere where u wouldn't be able to get it until Ud killed the enemy hero. That might be tough, I guess just as far behind their territory as u can get it. Or yeah, just have it guarded with a crazy big stack, then have a trigger where when u kill their hero, u get a huge stack to kill the guards. Or even a teleport trigger that zaps u to their base (I think u can do that, it happens in the campaign in Raelags first mission

(Lol, oops, thats H5. I'm sure H3 has a teleport trigger as well

MeCho
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby MeCho » 05 Nov 2013, 18:33

AI does combine the stacks as he pleases i suppose there is no way to prevent this ?

Salamandre
Genie
Genie

Unread postby Salamandre » 05 Nov 2013, 18:58

Sure, you can do almost whatever you want, but use wog, not sod.

Return to “Mapmaking Guild”