H4: control creature growth and show correct number in info

Maps and the art of mapmaking.
Luther
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

H4: control creature growth and show correct number in info

Unread postby Luther » 17 Apr 2013, 22:58

Heroes 4 TGS 3.0 and WOW. I am using a continuous script on my neutral armies so that when encountered they have the same number of creatures I have set them with. This works fine. The issue is when right-clicking the army stack with expert scouting it tells me the number of creatures the stack would have as if it is still growing. I thought the script was actually keeping the army number at a set level so how could the scouting info be telling me otherwise?

Duzeom_
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby Duzeom_ » 20 Apr 2013, 10:09

Can you upload the map or it's fragment?

Karmakeld
CH Staff
CH Staff

Unread postby Karmakeld » 16 Jun 2013, 20:48

I found that using a triggered script on the army, which is executed daily in the map properties was most stabile.. not sure about your case though..

Karmakeld
CH Staff
CH Staff

Unread postby Karmakeld » 02 Sep 2013, 17:27

you have to keep in mind that continious events doesn't run continiously as such. They will run each time something is interacted with, that is why if you start a new day, the army will have grown, and once encountered the script will run. if you pick up some resources and look again numbers should also have decreased. hope that answers your Q. Again see my prev. answer for suggestion for a better solution for such scripts.
Also keep in mind that creature number will decrease/increase based on difficulty level. So remember to check if it works equally well on both novice and champion settings.
I'm silent in seven languages - and I got all my familys fear.
Everytime you throw dirt, you loose a little ground

Return to “Mapmaking Guild”