Releasing my HOMM4 map.....Cron from MM2.

Maps and the art of mapmaking.
Engioc
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Releasing my HOMM4 map.....Cron from MM2.

Unread postby Engioc » 30 Mar 2013, 12:36

Hi all, well this is my first post here in a very long time. Sorry if I am breaking any rules by what I'm about to do but....

I'd like to finally release a map that's been in constant production since HOMM4 WOW expansion was shipped all those years ago. The map is based on the world of CRON from the MM2 RPG, obviously some things have been changed to work with the HOMM gameplay but I've tried to use scripting to recreate my memories of having played through MM2. I've played it and continually refined it over the years and hopefully its now bug free and ready for anyone to enjoy. Expect pub brawls, ambush valley, the gem shores and many other features of MM2 to be present.

I've not submitted the map to this site essentially because I don't know anyone here so I can't ever get it tested which is one of the requirements for submitting a map here. So if you want my map please come check out a preview of it on my youtube channel here - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LSAUT6S3rJo

***Edit: The above link has been fixed, verified it myself (while I was personally signed out of youtube).

Quite simply if you're happy with what you see in the 3 videos then send me a private message (on Youtube) with an email address I can send it to and I'll email it to you asap.

Requirements:
Standard HOMM4
Gathering Storm expansion
Winds of War expansion (or the equivalent patch)

Note: No mods of any type have been used, this is a stock standard H4 map using the built in scripting.

As this isn't just an advert for my Youtube channel and if you prefer you can simply read about the map here - http://sdrv.ms/YTrTH1
Edit - Now updated with correction on Luxus Palace Royale

***Edit: One other small note is I don't necessarily check my Youtube messages every day so if you don't get a response don't panic I'll get to it next time I do check them. I do use my channel regularly so it shouldn't take too long before I send it.

Again sorry if I've broken any rules by releasing a map in this way.
Last edited by Engioc on 31 Mar 2013, 11:21, edited 4 times in total.

XEL II
HoTA Crew
HoTA Crew

Unread postby XEL II » 30 Mar 2013, 13:27

I'd very much like to download the map, looks like you've done a great job. But the link to the video is broken.
Make you strong places to dwell and practice the evil of your arts. Build great monuments to stand through the ages and remind your followers of the task with which you have been charged. Use these halls of iniquity to perpetrate your schemes against the infestation that has taken the fields and lakes of this land from you, their rightful masters. Never forget the hatred that must finally overcome and consume mankind. Dwell in your dungeons and brood. - Sheltem the Dark

Engioc
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Engioc » 30 Mar 2013, 13:29

Oops sorry about the video link. I fixed the one for the readme file. I'll work on the video one now :).

Don't worry the map isn't as bug ridden as my posting lol.

**Edit: All links should now be working.

GreatEmerald
CH Staff
CH Staff

Unread postby GreatEmerald » 30 Mar 2013, 20:21

That sounds really cool, too. I thought of something similar as well, so it's very nice to see this. Unfortunately, I don't have the time to test this just yet...

By the way, I'm pretty sure that it's "Luxus Palace Royale"?

Engioc
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Engioc » 30 Mar 2013, 21:21

GreatEmerald wrote:That sounds really cool, too. I thought of something similar as well, so it's very nice to see this. Unfortunately, I don't have the time to test this just yet...

By the way, I'm pretty sure that it's "Luxus Palace Royale"?
Well I could be wrong on that Palace name but I'm fairly sure I checked within MM2 while I was making it.

GreatEmerald
CH Staff
CH Staff

Unread postby GreatEmerald » 30 Mar 2013, 22:14

Yea, it's most definitely Luxus Palace Royale, here's a video of me visiting it in game:
http://youtu.be/r7zSgKUaeFE?t=2m17s

Engioc
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Engioc » 31 Mar 2013, 10:45

Oh well one small mistake. The map and that town still work. :).

Return to “Mapmaking Guild”