H5 editor missing?

Maps and the art of mapmaking.
chazztizer
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

H5 editor missing?

Unread postby chazztizer » 30 Oct 2012, 01:14

My son loves H3 map editor and has made some fun maps, However,for H5 I cannot find the editor in the H5 folder or on his. Did the H5 version come with the editor or can it be found elsewhere? I am also wondering if it is missing because both of these H5 games were bought via steam, As Iam sure you can tell we are both amatures and I thought I may be missing something simple..
Thanks for reading
Chazz

jeff

Unread postby jeff » 30 Oct 2012, 15:13

I am not sure were the editor would be found; but if you are really amatuers you will find the H-5 editor much more difficult to use. In fact I have made several maps with the H-IV editor and found the H-5 editor far too difficult. The H-III and IV editors are the high watermark for user friendly editors. I wish you luck in your efforts.
Mala Ipsa Nova :bugsquash:

markkur
Demon
Demon

Unread postby markkur » 30 Oct 2012, 23:49

What version of H5 did you buy? For both "gaming and the Map Editor", I would not bother with any other than; "Tribes of the East" and patch it to 3.1

Anyway w/ Win7, I click start, then "All programs" then select Ubi and the icon for the Editor is listed.

The H5 editor is difficult but there is a lot of fun to be had if you have the patience. It's all in what makes you tick. You can easily learn to make basic-maps, however don't expect the easy click options concerning "events"...etc. found in H3 but if you can do scripting, then you might like this editor even more than myself. :D

I have a basics-guide for D/L that should help, if you find you want to give it a go.

Cheers!

chazztizer
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Thanks

Unread postby chazztizer » 31 Oct 2012, 14:04

Thanks to both who replied, I found where the editor is supposed to be,buried deep in the steam files but it is not there, I suppose it did not come with the steam version. I will continue to look for it as an addon to the original files. Thanks also for the help file!

chazztizer
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby chazztizer » 31 Oct 2012, 14:06

Markkur I would really like the info file you spoke of if you could post,
thanks

markkur
Demon
Demon

H5 Editor help

Unread postby markkur » 31 Oct 2012, 14:57

This is my own effort and I have it at Mediafire for D/L. I started it at HC but it makes more sense to get a copy handy for windowing the info w/ the editor.

http://www.mediafire.com/?ujqh73jk23iz1wv

Should you encounter problems I can also send you the file to your e-mail.

Btw, You will most likely have questions, you should post them in the stickied H5 Editor thread located above... I'll be around to help you if I can.

Also: Did you contact Steam? <imo> The Editor should be a part of the game...period. I bought a hard-copy in-store.

It's been a long time but I seem to recall that the vanilla version did not have it at first? Hammers of Fate did but but from what I read; there were still problems that were not fully resolved until TotE 3.1.

Return to “Mapmaking Guild”