HOMMVToE random map gatherable Exp coeffecient &resource

Maps and the art of mapmaking.
shiffd
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

HOMMVToE random map gatherable Exp coeffecient &resource

Unread postby shiffd » 16 Jun 2012, 04:57

in the map generator in HOMMVToE (and maybe the hammer one too) there is two terms which are explained nowhere inthe manual, this site, these forums, or the web that I can find. This is extremely extremely frustrating.... can someone help?

Gatherable experience coefficent (value 1~5)
What the heck does this mean/do? Does it add more creatures to map or alter the emount of experience they give? Does it effect starting experience or leveling or osmething??? or hired heroes?? what???

resource multiplier (value 1~5)
Again what the heck does this do? does it add more resources to be gathered? more mines? Make towns cost more to build? Change starting resources? What the heck does it do?

Warmonger
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Warmonger » 16 Jun 2012, 07:44

Try and tell us.
VCMI : the future of Heroes 3!
People just don't care.

markkur
Demon
Demon

Re: HOMMVToE random map gatherable Exp coeffecient &reso

Unread postby markkur » 27 Jul 2012, 16:39

shiffd wrote:Gatherable experience coefficent (value 1~5)... Does it effect starting experience or leveling or something???
Since it's under the RMG, wouldn't they be random variables @ game-load? I guess what matters is where these are located. Likely its a random-global-setting but I "guess" it could also be used {locally), say, a part of i.e., Vinrael's special (exp.bonus)? I don't know but 5% - 25% fits nicely with the listed 1-5 value-variable.
resource multiplier (value 1~5) ...does it add more resources to be gathered?
Again I don't know but you're probably correct and it concerns the maps initial Global set-up. Although it "could" also be used locally? "Resourcefulness" is another Hero ability and maybe this "could" be part of that script?.

Good luck.

Return to “Mapmaking Guild”