NEW Heroes VI map ready soon... Grimstalk Beach

Maps and the art of mapmaking.
fatespinner
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

NEW Heroes VI map ready soon... Grimstalk Beach

Unread postby fatespinner » 04 May 2012, 09:49

I just submitted a new map I made for testing. A friend and I had already tested it and it seems to run right along fine. It's a fairly open ended map that gives the players a chance to make decisions instead of following a certain route or road. It's like should I attack this, that, or just move on. I can say we had a lot of fun playing it. I hope some more people can test it out for me and give me some feedback or suggestions how to improve it. I made this one with replayablity in mind so there are lots of random monsters, treasures, dwellings, etc. Here is the background story...

"Grimstalk Beach was once used as a huge amusement park named Stalk Beach. Tourists had came from all over the world to visit this attraction. That was until one day, a terrible war broke out between two factions over ownership of the area. Over the course of a few years, many lives were lost in the several battles that took place here. Not long after the war ended, Stalk Beach became a haunted graveyard and renamed "Grimstalk Beach". Kids often wandered to the area by bike or small boats to see the remains of a place they once enjoyed with their parents. Many stories unfolded of missing children and others who had never returned. Ghosts sightings were a common occurance along the beach during the early morning hours between 1am to 3am. Some shipwrecks are still there from the battles as factions would land reinforcements by sea. One year after, a castle was built on the westside and a faction was brought in to clear the area of monsters and possibly rebuild Stalk Beach. After a rival faction got
the word of this, they set off on a quest to build their own castle in the east. The treasures, artifacts and resources of this area were very valuable and they would stop at nothing to claim it all . War had then broke out once again."

That's it and after a little more testing and polishing I will submit the final version. I actually have 2 other maps I am finishing up too and ideas for some more. Not sure why others have found the HoMM6 editor difficult to use. I actually find it to be pretty easy to make maps with it. I was trying to make an editor tutorial to post on youtube for others but my fraps was not recording it so I will have to try other software.

Return to “Mapmaking Guild”