Worlds of Wise - Kingdom of Magic ------- TESTING!

Maps and the art of mapmaking.
Soss8
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Worlds of Wise - Kingdom of Magic ------- TESTING!

Unread postby Soss8 » 18 Feb 2012, 20:25

WORLDS OF WISE - KINGDOM OF MAGIC

Hello there!

I am looking for testers for my new XL Heroes 3 map, Worlds of Wise - Kingdom of Magic. Right now there is maximum of 8 testers. However, depending on how many are interested, I may increase the limit.

Here is some information directly from Soss' Dungeon:

Kingdom of Magic is the first Worlds of Wise map released to the public.

It sets the scene for future Worlds of Wise campaigns and maps.

A year ago 3 leaders moved closer together, to the site of the Great Hero's triumphant march against a Dark One, with the intent of wiping each other out.

It took a while, but with their remaining resources and workforce they started to construct towns at key locations.

One settled down on a fertile island, with excellent building space for town foundations.

Another decided to take over an island, rich in resources. This leader was prepared for the concequences of starting here, but the potential is huge.

The last leader, usually keepig to themself, settled on some suitable ground within a swampy island. This leader saw what this island can offer. It is hard to access without knowing the terrain, has some excellent space for unit training and is close to valuable tactical locations.

The land seems more inhabited than first thought. 2 factions that are in dispute underground, many people looking to trade and an ancient town, isolated on an island to the South.

Soon after the leaders arrive they hear rumours about a legendary Volcano of Power and a potent blade, used by the Great Hero himself.
The way is perilous, but each leader is determined to outdo the other, and will stop at nothing to do so.

This map conatins some nice design elements:

-Several, intertwining trade sequences
-Trade sequences, when looked at, overall can reveal a secret to help you win the map
-5, human controllable players to make this an effective single and multiplayer map
-Extra locations and quests that, when controlled give an upper hand
-The Minor Players may be weaker, but they have several special buildings that cannot be found elsewhere
-Volcano of Power and Treasure Cove hides some neat treasures to help you win this war
-Timed Events designed to provide special bonuses and hinderences
-Placed Events that are activated in defence of your starting island
-Secret Heroes that are more powerful than standard ones can be found in the tavern to help bolster your ranks
-Harness the power of 6 Combination Artifacts
-Valuable locations that require constant guarding to prevent your enemies from taking advantage of them

The trailer for this map will be released to Youtube soon, along with the link to the download on Celestial Heavens.

You will be required to test the map multiple times, utilising the different teams and exploring the many ways to best your opponent (also note that you can only achive certain things in one playthrough that you cannot in another, making some alternating fun based on user interaction.)

This map is the first instalment in my growing Heroes 3 and 4 map series, Worlds of Wise ( although, technically there has been one or two maps before this, it's just they are unreleased.)

Further information can be found here, at Soss' Dungeon (please excuse the tackyness, Google Sites seems to have locked me out of editing it - an issue I have taken up with Google) :

https://sites.google.com/site/sosssdungeon/

I will send the map to Celestial Heavens for testing once I have enough testers.

If you have any queries then please feel free to post them here, I will try to get back to you as soon as I can.

Thanks. :)

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 18 Feb 2012, 20:52

As well as your post here in the forum, you can also use our matchmaking service. :)
In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Goodwill.

Salamandre
Genie
Genie

Unread postby Salamandre » 18 Feb 2012, 21:32

From that screen, we can see that map was build with random obstacle tool, and looks rather empty. Any download link?

Soss8
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Soss8 » 19 Feb 2012, 11:56

Thanks Kalah. I do already know about the matchmaking service. I wanted to know my testers first (well, I have advertised this on Newgrounds, so it made sense to continue that entry oppertunity.)

Thanks anyway. :)

Salamandre, I did not use the random map generator at all for this map (in fact, I have not used it for any of the other ones I have made.) The mix up that you see in the picture is me trying to mimic a bit more of the style that is used in the campaigns. And besides, it would make sense that there is some sawampy regions near a watery area of the map (note, a lot of the map is composed of ocean - there are many islands around that are very detailed and serve a great purpose in achieveing victory.

I don't want to sound rude or anything, I'm just trying to point out that I was mixing things up a bit, not usng the generator.

Thanks for your comments anyway. :)

Soss8
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Sorry Everyone

Unread postby Soss8 » 07 May 2012, 12:52

Apologies for the random dissapearance, my computer kind of went kaput, quite wonderfully leading to me losing most of what was on my hard drive.

A friend of mine said he had a copy of my map on his computer from when I was working on it over his place. After he finally sent it to me I realised it was one of the early alpha versions. :|

After that I was close to giving up in frustration, and started working on my other projects. I didn't really know what to post on here, hence my vanishing. The map is almost complete again and I hope to send it in within a week or so.

Again, sorry for the significant delay. I hope this turns out as good as it initially was.

P.S me and friend made a trailer for it a while back (it isn't particulary exciting, but touches on some backstory that will be explained in future installments), in which I'll dig up soon.

Return to “Mapmaking Guild”