first map with scripts, and i miserably fail

Maps and the art of mapmaking.
Gnom
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

first map with scripts, and i miserably fail

Unread postby Gnom » 07 Jan 2012, 15:39

First:
please excuse my bad english, this also might be the couse for many of my scripting-problems.
i have tried the scripting2.0 from here, but i'm not sure if i understood everything how it was meant to be.

okay, now my problems:
i have a map with two teams and several garrisons.
three of them in one team should behave the same way, and the three in the other team likewise.
from those triples i've got five, so overall there are 3*2*5 garrisons.

now what i want to do is this:

i want to check every week if the garrisons are captured from a member of the original owner's team, so if the garrison belonged at mapstart to team one, i want to check if it still does so.
if it belongs to the right team, i want a stack of creatures (for example gremlins) to be addet to the garrisons army.

so, something like "if it's wednesday, and gateway1 belongs to team 1, add 10 gremlins to it."
only... i don't know how to do it.
to be true, i did manage to get some gold to player 1 at a certain day, so the trigger seems to work. only i didn't managed anything, to add creatures to the gateway. i didn't even try to get the "if it belongs to"-thing as a script. i wouldn't see if it works yet ;)

second, i want to remove an object, if one of the gates (say, gateway1, or gateway2, or gateway3) is captured by team 2.
but i can't even get a stone to vanish, if there is only one gateway, and one hero, and he captures it.
i have no idea, how i should get it to work with three players per team, and every hero of them should trigger the event, and it shouldn't matter wich of the three gates is captured.

if i compare it to some other scripts i've seen here, this seem a very easy question for most of you, but for me, who never did any coding or something like this... and who even needed a dictionary for this post, it's not that easy. so... if you might spend some minutes of your precius time, it might save me weeks of frustration.

Warmonger
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Warmonger » 07 Jan 2012, 18:51

Which game version?
VCMI : the future of Heroes 3!
People just don't care.

Gnom
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Gnom » 07 Jan 2012, 20:07

oh damn, i've really forgotten the most important thing?

it's heroes V: tribes of the east with the latest patch (i know) installed.

Return to “Mapmaking Guild”