So you thought you seen everything with heroes 3... well...

Maps and the art of mapmaking.
overall
Pixie
Pixie

So you thought you seen everything with heroes 3... well...

Unread postby overall » 25 Dec 2011, 22:35

So you thought you seen everything with heroes 3... well... you havent seen this!

in the beginning there was knight, ranger, and sorcerer... but in the end there was just a kitten whit a sniper rifle...

in this winter Celestial heavens will fall! overall and kitten in a box productions presents the most chilling map in heroes 3 history...

To be continue....

overall
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby overall » 14 Jan 2012, 18:37

ok so its "done" i could still make and remake this areas and add things but i would probably just end up some "limbo" or something x) so its fine now....
i send it to via bottle-mail so it should reach coast borders of canada in anyday now....
but if your not good of waiting you can all so download it here...

Map Name: Winter Hymns
Author: Overall
E-mail Address: overall678543@gmail.com
Version: 1.0

Map Type: Singleplayer, Human/CPU Players, allied.
Map Size: Extra-Large, with Underground
Game Version: H3 SoD 3.0.0
Language: English

special Win: Defeat all enemies
Special Loss: Lose all your towns and heroes
Special Other: [NONE]

hmmm... bit something form the map it self... i uploaded my save files if anyone is interested to see how i created this map...

Map in itself doesn't really have storyline purpose mostly i was interested making these landscapes and trying different ideas on mixing different objects in "realistic fitting" way.
Maps layout isnt much different than in my earlier map which i mostly just wanted to try all different landscapes so in this time i used only one and underground but underground was bit low on objects so i add some swamping in there and it turn to quite nice.
underground is bit hard to do so it wont look too squarish so i end up doing again lots of makeing and remaking those areas...
mostly i used only objects which i liked and were best fitting on landscape or place in self. in many times i was wishing that i could rotate this objects 360 or least 180 oh well even mirror image would been nice...
or cut some object half etc winter version for this and that...

whats has keep me on playing all this years i would say this dark and "less hope" grafics/style and i think it has good atmosphere, gameplay, music/sound effects...
hmm... but it could been more balanced etc some minor things...
this was most probably my last H3 map it takes so much time to make very detailed map and editor it self cant really offer all thing what i might like to do... i might do some smaler map in future but never knows.

do i like need to do some speech here too... well im not much speech maker so maybe i borrow bit jim carreys speech...
let it snooowww let it snooowwwww... i would like thank coupole people and behalf of all forest fluffy creatures for making this map... i would like to thank CH for keeping up this shindy and giving use to excuse to play for one more time...
last but definitely most important i would like to thank all the ladies you were good at being pretty there some fine looking beavers in this forum! and i dont care who moderates this forum you all going in to my favorites file!... i dont know who those photoshop added girls in Panda Tar pictures are but i mean to find out x)
and now im going to do some serius drinking and partying thanks all hava snowyyy winter :)

Artas1984
Assassin
Assassin

Unread postby Artas1984 » 01 Mar 2013, 14:24

OMG, this map!

There are so little REAL multiplayer balanced maps around here. For a long time i though that no one here in CL knew what it takes to make a great multiplayer map and certainly 90 % of people in CL know nothing about making good maps!

But lately i have been founding some gems, including this map!

I have played it twice! You are clearly a great map maker "overall", your style is somewhat similar to my own, that is why i appreciate your work!

This is prime example of what a good balanced MP map is, it's structure is similar to that of any Warcraft 3 MP maps, which makes it great. This map is so similar to my own "Sky Tower" map, but it is ever better - because it is not so scarce and punishing! It's a 10 out of 10.

It's fricking GREAT map!
Heroes franchise was not about the free actions of Heroes or monsters, it was not about 3D of shiny graphics either, it was about diversity and balance, simplicity of gameplay and realistic picture, strategy in it's purest form. That's why Heroes 3 will be the greatest game of all, because only Heroes 3 has all those qualities together, no matter which one you personally like more. This statement is unquestionable, uncriticized and undeniable .

Return to “Mapmaking Guild”