Cloak of Distraction help...

Maps and the art of mapmaking.
Mace the Councillor
Peasant
Peasant

Cloak of Distraction help...

Unread postby Mace the Councillor » 24 Mar 2006, 13:18

Hi!

I have just recently started to make a new RPG type map. The initial stage has gone smoother than I expected, but that may be because I am more familiar with the editor now than I was when I made my first map.

However, I have encountered one problem. The Cloak of Distraction. It is supposed to make a hero ignore the threat area of enemy troops, enabling them to just walk past them.

I have used that in a key location, where the player must have the Cloak of Distraction to be able to get past an enemy army (which is way too strong for them to defeat). The Cloak of Distraction is, by design, the artifact that is supposed to allow the player to get past that location.

Unfortunately, when I try it out, the hero does not ignore the threat area. In fact, the Cloak of Distraction has no discernible effect whatsoever.
Is there anyone who has an idea what might have gone wrong??

I'd be grateful for any help!

Ururam Tururam
Scout
Scout

Unread postby Ururam Tururam » 24 Mar 2006, 13:32

AFAIK this cloak just negates the penalty to the hero movement if he is withing an enemy unit's range on the battlefield.
Hoc est opus!
UT homepage: http://urtur.webpark.pl

Thelonious
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Thelonious » 24 Mar 2006, 15:57

I thought it neglected the ranged area effect of the cyclopses... So I have no clue...
Grah!

Return to “Mapmaking Guild”