AI crashing!

Maps and the art of mapmaking.
The Fool
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

AI crashing!

Unread postby The Fool » 23 Mar 2006, 15:11

Hello all,

I've just done a second attempt at making a HOMM4 map but am having some difficulty running it. If I run it with all players as human it's fine, but if 1 or more of the players are computer it crashes and exits the game as soon as the computer is supposed to take a turn. I'm assuming that the map is okay as it works fine with human players, but I don't really know what's going wrong with the AI. If you have any possible suggestions I'd be glad to hear them. Thanks

Thelonious
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Thelonious » 24 Mar 2006, 15:55

Well could you explain some more about any possible scripts that occur on the map? Because with this information I can't tell what makes the AI crash.
Grah!

Humakt
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby Humakt » 24 Mar 2006, 16:08

I had similar problem 3 years ago. It had to do with starting towns being too close to the map's edges/corners. The problem disappeared when I moved the towns towards the center of the map.

Ururam Tururam
Scout
Scout

Unread postby Ururam Tururam » 24 Mar 2006, 22:11

Humakt wrote:I had similar problem 3 years ago. It had to do with starting towns being too close to the map's edges/corners. The problem disappeared when I moved the towns towards the center of the map.
I had this too, and it ruined one of my map that stayed unpublished because of that. :(
Hoc est opus!
UT homepage: http://urtur.webpark.pl

Humakt
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby Humakt » 24 Mar 2006, 22:29

Couldn't/Cant you fix it?

Ururam Tururam
Scout
Scout

Unread postby Ururam Tururam » 24 Mar 2006, 22:37

Humakt wrote:Couldn't/Cant you fix it?
No way. Castles in corners were one of key concept of this map and I was unable to stabilize this situation. Sigh.
Hoc est opus!
UT homepage: http://urtur.webpark.pl

Thelonious
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Thelonious » 25 Mar 2006, 10:48

Humakt wrote:I had similar problem 3 years ago. It had to do with starting towns being too close to the map's edges/corners. The problem disappeared when I moved the towns towards the center of the map.
I never knew of this 'bug'
Grah!

Return to “Mapmaking Guild”