H-IV Cross Campaign Carryover

Maps and the art of mapmaking.
jeff

H-IV Cross Campaign Carryover

Unread postby jeff » 15 Feb 2011, 01:02

In H-IV there in the campaign properties there is this tab that seems to let you import heroes and artifacts from previous campaigns. My question is has anyone used this and if so how do you set this up. This may be how in the WoW campaign you got to choose which faction to play in the last map, which is what I am trying to do now. Let the player play two different factions then on the last map chose the one they wish to play.
Mala Ipsa Nova :bugsquash:

Corlagon
Archangel
Archangel

Unread postby Corlagon » 15 Feb 2011, 23:27

Hi Jeff, here are the original Winds of War campaigns so you can open them in the editor yourself and see what's necessary. I tested them out as single scenarios and the official campaign setup works without a problem; you just have to reproduce the same method.

The catch is that you will need to divide your maps into three campaigns for this to work, but the game automatically forces players to finish the first campaigns before allowing them to play the final one. All you need to do is open Campaign Properties and tick "Carry heroes out of campaign" for the two introductory campaigns.

For the final "choose your hero" campaign, you instead tick the "Carry heroes in from other campaigns" box in the same tab. Just type in the other campaigns' names, ensure they are in the same map folder, and the game should do the rest. An example can be seen in the properties for game_maps.wow_campaign.winds_of_war.h4c.

That's about it; let me know if it doesn't work and I'll do what I can to help :)

jeff

It Works

Unread postby jeff » 16 Feb 2011, 01:21

Thanks a lot I will give it a close look. :-D

Update: I have tested out a simple setup using the settings in the file you send and with only a minor hiccup it works perfectly. I successfully set up where you play to campaigns and they can chose either faction on a final map, though I assume that final map could be a campaign as well. I wish I had decided to try this 6 years ago when I first started. This ability really put to shame the 'campaign' capabilities of the H-V editor. :rofl:
Mala Ipsa Nova :bugsquash:

Return to “Mapmaking Guild”