H3 problem, My friend can't play my map on his comp

Maps and the art of mapmaking.
Kain99
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

H3 problem, My friend can't play my map on his comp

Unread postby Kain99 » 24 Nov 2010, 11:29

Hi all. Im here because I was wondering if any of you guys have a solution to the following issue:

A while ago I created an XL map using the H3 map editor.

My friend asked if he could play it, so I saved the .h3m file on my USB and gave it to him. He found the file, copied it and placed it in his "Maps" folder. (He also has the game installed ofc)

Unfortunately my map does not appear on his list of XL maps, when he opens the game.

Additionally, if we try to open my map on his comp, using his map editor, we get a message looking something like this:

Error:
Old version=0
Current version=14

Or somethign like that.. Does this look familiar to anyone? Are there different versions of heroes 3 maps? Any and all help would be much apreciated. Coulod it be because im using Vista and he is using Windows 7?

Pol
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Pol » 24 Nov 2010, 11:59

Well, there are "four" editions of Homm3:
  1. Restoration of Erathia
    Armageddon Blade
    Sorrow of Death (Complete)
    and free fan addon In the Wake of the Gods.
And you don't have the same versions. The one from Complete should be able to open all versions below it.
(Note: It may not be able to open map saved with RoE Alfa or Beta, cause these were never made public.)
"We made it!"
The Archives | Collection of H3&WoG files | Older albeit still useful | CH Downloads
PC Specs: A10-7850K, FM2A88X+K, 16GB-1600, SSD-MLC-G3, 1TB-HDD-G3, MAYA44, SP10 500W Be Quiet

Kain99
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Kain99 » 28 Nov 2010, 06:03

I understand, but he kinda installed the game on his pc, using my CD. Restoration of Erathia. So we both have the exact same game, but for some reason the map I made (and can play) he cant play.

Im thinking it is because Ive made changes to it since I got Vista and that somehow messes it up. I'll try giving him an older version of the map.

Return to “Mapmaking Guild”