How can I activate Agrael for my map? And where is the Abyss

Maps and the art of mapmaking.
Magelord
Peasant
Peasant

How can I activate Agrael for my map? And where is the Abyss

Unread postby Magelord » 28 Jul 2010, 08:37

I am making a Huge map for HommV ToE.

1. I am having no end of trouble trying to acquire Agrael and place him as the main character for this map.

2. Does anyone have a MOD that keeps the underground "Abyss feature" that was in the original build of Homm V as seen in the Warlock map "Hate Breeds Hate"?

The Map is a month out from being finished and I have everything else I need except these 2 things. Please help any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Marzhin
Pit Lord
Pit Lord

Re: How can I activate Agrael for my map? And where is the A

Unread postby Marzhin » 28 Jul 2010, 10:10

Magelord wrote:I am making a Huge map for HommV ToE.

1. I am having no end of trouble trying to acquire Agrael and place him as the main character for this map.

2. Does anyone have a MOD that keeps the underground "Abyss feature" that was in the original build of Homm V as seen in the Warlock map "Hate Breeds Hate"?

The Map is a month out from being finished and I have everything else I need except these 2 things. Please help any assistance would be greatly appreciated.
Hi Magelord :)

To put Agrael in a TotE map, you need to first put a standard Demon lord Hero. Then in the properties of the object, you must find the line called "Shared". Click on the model path, click on the "..." and in the new window you will be able to select Agrael. Then click "OK" and voilà, your Demon Lord has been replaced by Agrael :)

The Abyss objects were removed by Nival in a patch, but can pe put back using a mod. I'll try to find the link.

edit: OK I found the old topic, it's here :

viewtopic.php?t=5641

Neckie did an easy-to-use .pak file back in the day to bring these objects back, but since Elrath.com disappeared the link is dead. If someone out there has this mod somewhere, don't hesitate to post it :)
Last edited by Marzhin on 28 Jul 2010, 13:42, edited 1 time in total.

Corlagon
Archangel
Archangel

Unread postby Corlagon » 28 Jul 2010, 11:26

This should help ;)

http://www.mediafire.com/?vpp4tr244fo04zc

Just place it in the game's data directory and they'll show up in the editor.

Magelord
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Magelord » 28 Jul 2010, 14:29

WOW thanks for the fast reply Marzhin and Corlagon! I'll do what you said when I get back from work tonight. And thanks Corlagon for the Pak file I have that old abyss thread bookmarked but like Marzhin said Elraith had long ago fallen by the wayside.

Again thank you!

Magelord
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Magelord » 28 Jul 2010, 15:16

Awesome everything works perfectly! I just couldn't resist trying it before work! :D

Thanks again Marzhin and Corlagon!
Last edited by Magelord on 30 Jul 2010, 21:10, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Mapmaking Guild”