Also, as always, some script help

Maps and the art of mapmaking.
psaval
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Also, as always, some script help

Unread postby psaval » 15 Jun 2010, 20:16

I readed the forum since a long time, from time to time, but i decided to join because i want to make a question, because i wish i would be able to do some mapping, and this requires some scripting as some other skills.

My questions are:

1.-Where i can find an easy tutorial on scripting for HoMM5 (no expansion set yet) with in deep details and examples? I want help, but i also want to learn.

2.-I want to make a script that will work like the old midget bank in HoMM3, giving in this case 1% daily gold interest rate when controlling some special building.

3.-I plan to develop an elaborate map about the rise of a nigromancer. This idea is not able to be achieved if i can not rise a lot the total dark energy, because it's required to rise corps and i need a larger limit. So i will really like to make some buildings to rise the dark energy maximum, and maybe some daily renewal. Then the most the map you control, the more the troops you will be able to rise.

4.-The powerful nigromancer has a counterpart, everyday some of his troops must be devoured because his need of flesh, soul and some dark rituals he needs to stay alive. So a random script that will kill everyday from 1 to 3 (maybe even from 1 to "herolevel") creatures from a random group in his army. He can also be defeated by his own hunger.

5.-Is all of this possible?

psaval
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby psaval » 15 Jun 2010, 20:32

i'm pretty worried. I was also browsing in another window the mapguild, but i saw another question here about scripting and i get wrong. I wanted to post there. Please, accept my complain, and move the topic if posible. Thaks a lot for everything, and let's help arranging things.

Mirez
Location: in the core of the hart of the centre of everything

Unread postby Mirez » 15 Jun 2010, 20:44

well, I wouldn't know why this would belong into the mapmaking section either, since this is not about making a map, unless you really really really want in there of course ^_^
treants are dendrosexual 0_o

psaval
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby psaval » 15 Jun 2010, 20:59

Why not? is about scripting... Anyhow, enlighten me

Mirez
Location: in the core of the hart of the centre of everything

Unread postby Mirez » 16 Jun 2010, 07:41

it's about map making lol, and I have no clue about scripting sorry
treants are dendrosexual 0_o

Pitsu
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Re: Also, as always, some script help

Unread postby Pitsu » 17 Jun 2010, 13:29

psaval wrote: 1.-Where i can find an easy tutorial on scripting for HoMM5 (no expansion set yet) with in deep details and examples? I want help, but i also want to learn.

You may try "basics of scripting" at download page http://www.celestialheavens.com/viewpage.php?id=567
In addition, a good way to learn is to study the scripts in other maps.

5.-Is all of this possible?
Sounds like possible.

Franzy
War Dancer
War Dancer

Unread postby Franzy » 18 Jun 2010, 05:36

All you ask is possible, except for dark energy. There is no way to control dark energy via script. To increase pool, player will have to build altar of necromancy or asha tear building or raise high-level necromancers. Hint: you can transform town type via script in expansion.

tofiffe
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby tofiffe » 17 Oct 2010, 17:55

in theory the dark energy could be only increased with a mod, i think everything else could be done with scripts.

Return to “Mapmaking Guild”