HOMM4 - Axis and Allies (Help)

Maps and the art of mapmaking.
gravyluvr
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

HOMM4 - Axis and Allies (Help)

Unread postby gravyluvr » 15 Apr 2010, 01:03

I've been testing my own map and am looking for some tips and tricks by those mapmakers with much more experience than I will ever have. If you're interested and willing to play it and give me some tips or help me edit the map, send me an email.

Quick background on Axis and Allies:
The map is based on the classic turn based board game - Axis And Allies (AAA). Currently I added France to get all HOMM4 factions in the game. This is a six "powers" map with the "players" playing the parts of the Russia, France, United Kingdom and USA. The computer is playing the parts of Germany and Japan. For those who have played AAA here is where I mashed up AAA and HOMM... Russia is Might and has a a lot of creature growth but not much available at the start other than Moscow (duh). They are protected by neutrals to signify the non-aggression pacts between the Russians and the Axis powers (although land is real barrier between Russia and Japan). France is nature and is essentially on the run from Germany from the start. Flee or be converted. Germany is Death and plays the parts of both Italy and German powers (like in AAA). Rommel's in the Sahara and everyone else is based in Europe with no blockage to allow an early game rollover of France (and Spain eventually). The UK is scattered - London, South Africa, Egypt (nerfed), Australia, and India (New Dehli and Bombay). Consolidate and Conquer! Japan is Chaos and built for speed on land and water. I just can't get the AI to run:) Heavily armed on the main island with footholds in Asia and resources throughout the Pacific. And of course if I could get them to actually go before the US they might even attack Pearl Harbor. USA is Order and has to build up their "Industry" like UK and Russia in order to attack the Axis who are at a much better starting Strength.

Technical Background:
The HOMM4 AI is pretty bad so I'm looking for some help from scripters to help me change initiative and AI priorities so that Germany goes for France and then tries to go after Russia and more importantly Moscow. Japan has been going after LA and that's cool but they haven't been marching toward Moscow or trying to take India or Australia from the UK so I'm specifically trying to get them to take initiative there. I haven't figured out how to change the order automatically at the beginning of the game either so that it goes Russia, France, Germany, UK, Japan, USA. All the players are going and then the computer - not intended.

Other random WW2 notes:
I would welcome anyone who has some historical perspective and/or some AAA related ideas to enhance the map and the gameplay. I'm an avid WW2 guy and an experience player of AAA and HOMM4 but I'm from the good old USA so my historical background is slanted toward the US and Allied movements that involved the US (so I get a lot of UK perspective since they shared the Western front and attacks around the Med). I could use some perspective from players who may know more about the Axis powers and the Allied power of Russia - although I will listen/read all suggestions.
=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
If I were a flower, I'd be a really big flame-throwing flower with five heads.

Return to “Mapmaking Guild”