Hidden functions in HOMMV

Maps and the art of mapmaking.
jwallstone
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Hidden functions in HOMMV

Unread postby jwallstone » 11 Oct 2009, 06:38

(This topic was originally about trying to get or set the number of creatures available for purchase in a town. I've changed the subject to reflect wider applicability)

EDIT: Using the Map Editor's built in function auto-completion, you can scroll through and see the list of available functions. The interesting thing: there are more available functions than listed in the Editor Documentation!

I've looked through and identified some hidden functions that look promising. There are even more than what I've listed below:

CalcAverageMonstersTier
GetArtifactSetItemsCount
GetGuardsTier
GetHeroTown
GetObjectDwellingCreatures
GetObjectArmySlotCreature
GiveHeroBattleBonus
SetObjectDwellingCreatures
StopTrigger
WarpHeroExp

I'm posting this because these could potentially help out other mapmakers in the future. The problem is that the auto-completion does NOT give the arguments that each function takes. Maybe some of the more experienced forum members might have an idea about how to figure out what arguments these functions take, and how they work, maybe by looking through some game files? I have no experience doing that, so any ideas or help with that would be greatly appreciated and helpful to mapmaking in the future.
Last edited by jwallstone on 11 Oct 2009, 07:49, edited 1 time in total.

GreatEmerald
CH Staff
CH Staff

Unread postby GreatEmerald » 11 Oct 2009, 07:41

What game are you talking about?

Franzy
War Dancer
War Dancer

Unread postby Franzy » 11 Oct 2009, 10:14

These are not secret functions. They are just missed in documentation or were added with the 3.1 patch. They are described in various unofficial sources. For starters, you may want to look here:
viewtopic.php?t=9728

jwallstone
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby jwallstone » 11 Oct 2009, 17:48

Great. Thanks for the info. Unfortunately, the list there doesn't address all the hidden functions. Namely, the ones that deal with Dwellings, which is what I was after. Also, StopTrigger doesn't seem to be mentioned, though it is potentially useful.

I'll see if I can figure out how to use the Dwellings functions.

Franzy
War Dancer
War Dancer

Unread postby Franzy » 11 Oct 2009, 19:30

StopTrigger is an obsolete function not used anymore.

Return to “Mapmaking Guild”