How do i make fully build cities in map editor?

Maps and the art of mapmaking.
Spt
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

How do i make fully build cities in map editor?

Unread postby Spt » 15 Aug 2009, 00:49

It seems that every single map in this game only starts with a puny town hall....

I remember in HOMM3 you started off with at least ONE creature dwelling, this is just ridiculous! Even more because i aparently can't make fully built towns in the map editor, at least i can't see the option :\

I really like the game, but i'd like to make some maps where you don't have to spend the first month building your base from scratch, i'd like to have a decent base of operations from the start, yet i can't seem to find the option to do so in the editor, any help?

Grumpy Old Wizard
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Grumpy Old Wizard » 15 Aug 2009, 03:35

Hi and welcome to the Round Table. The best place to ask mapmaking questions is in the mapmaking guild a few fourms down from this one.

Anyways, what you do is click the town to highlight it. Hit the space bar. Now click the buildings tab and you'll see the list of possible building. Now Click the "Build All" button, then click "ok" and save the map.
Frodo: "I wish the ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened."
Gandalf: "So do all who live to see such times but that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."

Spt
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Spt » 15 Aug 2009, 19:05

Ah, i see! thanks, i'm trying to make a few maps to play with my friends and this was driving me nuts! :P

Spt
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Spt » 15 Aug 2009, 23:13

Just another question, how do i make military posts that link to a certain player? I can only make fixed military posts (fortress, haven , inferno, etc...), i'd like to make a military post that would be of the same race as the race the player chooses instead of a fixed one that might not be the same as the player's race.

Grumpy Old Wizard
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Grumpy Old Wizard » 16 Aug 2009, 08:56

Use the random dwelling of the level of creature you want. Let us say you chose random level 7. After you place it left click it if it is not highlighted. Then hit the space bar. Go to the "Random Type" tab and chose "like player" and the player number that corresponds to the appropriate player.
Frodo: "I wish the ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened."
Gandalf: "So do all who live to see such times but that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."

Return to “Mapmaking Guild”