Masters of Sighisoara - a whole new continent!

The old Heroes games developed by New World Computing. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
Yurian Stonebow
Archmage
Archmage

A Rare Chance

Unread postby Yurian Stonebow » 12 Aug 2010, 21:40

Update, Friday 13th of August 2010 00:40 GMT+2

We offer you a rare chance to try out the first map of the upcoming second Sighisoara campaign. Where's the catch? "You haven't done this before, eh?" There's just one "catch": you need to be a member of the Maparchives which is a great Yahoo site owned by ByteBandit and Pol.

Follow these links to get there:

http://games.groups.yahoo.com/group/ByteBanditmaps/

http://games.groups.yahoo.com/group/ByteBanditmaps2/

Once you have registered, select ByteBanditsmaps2 (maps M-Z), then Files and finally clickety click on the folder that has my name on it. You will see the Demo version of the first map of campaign II there amongst the other works yours truly has done either solo or in a group during all these long years since 2006.

Please note that this "offer" will expire on September 1st 2010 after which I shall remove the Demo version from the Maparchives' database.

Thank you for reading this information. Merry gaming/testing and please, don't forget to send feedback to me or any member of the Sighisoara Team concerning the Demo. We appreciate each and every reply we get.

With solidarity, From Me To You

Yurian Stonebow

Sighisoara Team's Project Coordinator
Don't worry if things are going badly today. They will be much worse tomorrow.

Yurian Stonebow
Archmage
Archmage

Come And Get It

Unread postby Yurian Stonebow » 14 Aug 2010, 12:07

If you want, in the Maparchives it is. Come and get it. Make your mind up fast. If you want it anytime I can give it but you better hurry 'cause it may not last. Did I hear you say that there must be a catch? Will you walk away from the fool and his offer? Sonny, if you want it there it is go and get it, just make your mind up fast. You'd better hurry 'cause it's going fast.

Yurian

MadMax
Swordsman
Swordsman

Updates

Unread postby MadMax » 28 Aug 2010, 21:01

Hello guys! Long time no seen I think! I just wanted to let you all know I sent an updated version to Yurian of the first map of the second campaign ;) I've put a few hours work into it and I am going to work more on it tommorow :) I have started to find my old spirit for working on H3 maps again ;) Always a bit low during summers, but now it is better again! So what do the team say? Is it possible to get this baby out before 2011? ;)

Would be very exciting to hear if anyone is interested in this second campaign and/or feedback on our finished work!!

/Leader of the Sighisoara team and Heroes 3 fan!
"By the power of Zelas!"

MadMax
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby MadMax » 29 Aug 2010, 20:51

Ok tommorow I will send Yurian an updated map 2 for the campaign! :)
As I saidm I have gotten my Heroes 3 storywritingcraving back ;D
Also I can tell you that I have already started planning Campaign 3 slightly just in my head ;)

Hopefully it will be a campaign where you play as a young hero trying to become a dragonslayer ;) Please leave response and stuff and thoughts! Also we, the sighisoara team are always looking for maptesters, response, mapmakers, and all the help we can get! :) If you have any questions you can contact me on maxygdell@hotmail.com :)
"By the power of Zelas!"

Yurian Stonebow
Archmage
Archmage

2010 it is

Unread postby Yurian Stonebow » 30 Aug 2010, 13:42

@HoP: Yes, it's quite possible to finish the campaign before the end of the year. In fact I'd even say that it is possible to test, finalize and ship the Masters of Sighisoara II: the Undead of Xerphef by October 31st 2010. It requires work, work and work but with your renewed enthusiasm and vigour we'll be looking into some highly rewarding map making and planning sessions in the near future. I've already gone through some reviews of the story line (and some details in particular) in my mind. ;)

With solidarity,

Yurian

(Max, see my latest email for details)

MadMax
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby MadMax » 30 Aug 2010, 18:09

Now Yurian just a reminder is that I am in school and I am looking forward at my thoughest year so far now.. And also I have my girlfriend to look after aswell.. But before 2011 is a good goal I think and then Campaign 3 before 2012? :)

We are soon 100% done with map 1 and like 60% done with map 2? :)
"By the power of Zelas!"

Yurian Stonebow
Archmage
Archmage

Unread postby Yurian Stonebow » 31 Aug 2010, 10:23

Hi HoP. Please concentrate your efforts to build and expand maps 2 and 3. I'm currently dealing with map 1. I listed the things that need our attention in the email I sent to you yesterday.

WBR,

Y.S

MadMax
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby MadMax » 10 Oct 2010, 23:25

Woah! Have I had busy weeks?

Anyways I am just reporting that both me and Yurian are still alive, we are at this very moment sitting on MSN and dicussing BIG things, such as storylines, years and dates, the upcoming of the Sighisoara continent, we got alot of stuff going on... Also it looks like MoS2 will become a 5 map campaign! So give us some time, we are still aiming on release before 2011 but it will be nearly impossible since we both aim to release THE BEST only!

Also I must apologize for this campaign being so blurry, we got of with bad planning and that is never good! NEVER!

I can also CONFIRM right now, that there will be a MoS3 campaign, I do not want to go out on any details yet as MoS2 is not even 50% done and the focus will be on finishing it as fast as possible :)
Allthough I can 70% sure say it will involve dragons, and lots of them ( a little hint for you real sighisoara fans out there whom probably can guess what nation I am thinking of ;))

Oh yes, one more thing, it is that we MAY have 1 or 2 new members on the team :) 1 for some minor map making and 1 for helping me with the story bits :)

Signed,
Maximilian the Knight :)
"By the power of Zelas!"

MadMax
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby MadMax » 11 Oct 2010, 19:21

And look for changes on the website, http://sighisoara.webs.com in a near future :) Especially you storylovers, you will be pleased ;)

EDIT: Forum updated on the site :)
"By the power of Zelas!"

Yurian Stonebow
Archmage
Archmage

Unread postby Yurian Stonebow » 11 Oct 2010, 22:24

Screenshot from the demo version of map 3 of campaign II.

MadMax
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby MadMax » 14 Oct 2010, 18:04

My work is continuing just so everyone knows, just a heeell lot to do! trying to get every character and every important item and such documented from MoS1, anyone feel like helping? xD
"By the power of Zelas!"

Yurian Stonebow
Archmage
Archmage

Campaign Updated to version 0.64

Unread postby Yurian Stonebow » 18 Oct 2010, 01:17

Masters of Sighisoara II: The Undead of Xerphef has been updated to version 0.64.

More information available by contacting yours truly.

Yurian

benbird
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby benbird » 18 Oct 2010, 06:31

I just had tried <Masters of Sighisoara>I ,I feel it is simply campain especially the first map ? ;)

Yurian Stonebow
Archmage
Archmage

Unread postby Yurian Stonebow » 18 Oct 2010, 17:45

@benbird: The first MoS campaign was made keeping in mind the needs and demands of the general audience, hence the step-by-step steepening level of difficulty. The first map of the 4-part campaign is arguable the easiest of the whole pack. ;)

Yurian

benbird
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby benbird » 19 Oct 2010, 00:40

Yurian Stonebow wrote:@benbird: The first MoS campaign was made keeping in mind the needs and demands of the general audience, hence the step-by-step steepening level of difficulty. The first map of the 4-part campaign is arguable the easiest of the whole pack. ;)

Yurian
Ok,I will walkthrough it :)

Yurian Stonebow
Archmage
Archmage

Campaign Updated to version 0.65

Unread postby Yurian Stonebow » 19 Oct 2010, 23:16

Update, on the early hours of the 20th of October 2010

Masters of Sighisoara II: The Undead of Xerphef has been updated to version 0.65. This is the first demo version that inludes map 3 as a "truly playable scenario". (although still not featuring optimum balance)

In other news, we are now aiming to stretch the campaign from a 4-piece work-in-progress to include 5 maps in the final release version.

Would you like to volunteer for testing the work-in-progress?
Please contact HeroOfPunk or Yurian Stonebow for more information.
All map testers shall always receive the latest campaign file version.

With solidarity,

Yurian

Yurian Stonebow
Archmage
Archmage

Additional maptesters wanted

Unread postby Yurian Stonebow » 01 Nov 2010, 23:56

Update on the early hours of Tuesday, 2nd of November 2010

Map 3 of campaign II has been vastly improved since my last post in this thread which was... *gasp* ...almost two weeks ago. I'm in the middle of performing some "hard core testing" on the map with the aim at further lifting the quality of the map.

Are you willing to test the (mainly Necropolis vs Rampart themed) map as a "standalone"/single scenario? Currently this H3:SoD L sized map could be said to be version 0.9x with all the good bits already included in this late demo version. Furthermore, balance in the player vs AI fights has been fined tuned once again which means that the various problems encountered in previous versions have been mostly fixed.

Please contact yours truly at olavi.valimaki (@) helsinki.fi for a more detailed information concerning the campaign and map testing. The Sighisoara Team appreciates each and every reply and they seek to reward all honest map testers by placing their names in the credits and the list of "thank yous". You will also have the golden oppurtunity to see the maps of the campaign being fine tuned and prepared for release before the big day arrives. Now isn't that something, eh? ;)

With solidarity,

Yurian
Project Coordinator for the Sighisoara Team

Yurian Stonebow
Archmage
Archmage

Unread postby Yurian Stonebow » 03 Nov 2010, 21:30

Really, no-one? If there's no volunteers to test the map it means that we will have to postpone the release of campaign II to 2011 June instead 31st Dec 2010.

Koni
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Koni » 04 Nov 2010, 08:28

I started testing (on normal), but at the end of month 1 I feel overwhelmed by Rojaician armies which come with 5 (!) strong heroes all the same time - one breaking through the garrison to the east, two to the south, one by underground tunnel in the middle, and the last via monolith exit to the north. Sepultun is far away in the west, and Nagraelle's army is too weak for having a chance to defend (not enough resources for developping both towns). :sad:
Are you interested in checking my savegame?
Last edited by Koni on 04 Nov 2010, 08:30, edited 1 time in total.

Salamandre
Genie
Genie

Unread postby Salamandre » 04 Nov 2010, 08:30

Yurian, I would love to help you. Also there is the best of the best of testers out there, Victor Bolzoni (sorry Koni, you do great, but Victor is a Heroes professional payed with thousand of dollars to fight :D ) aka The Pacifist.

He was the main reviewer for maps in the Mapsheaven site, long time ago. He will find every bug, every unusual thing, and will find solution for anything you plan for a challenge. And right now it seems he is in mood for playing Heroes, it will be a very precious ally.

So send the map :)

Return to “Heroes I-IV”