Masters of Sighisoara - a whole new continent!

The old Heroes games developed by New World Computing. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 29 Apr 2010, 11:22

Good, good. Let us know when you need the thing hosted. :)
In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Goodwill.

Yurian Stonebow
Archmage
Archmage

Status update?

Unread postby Yurian Stonebow » 03 May 2010, 20:48

Hi HoP, it would be nice if you could shed some light on the remarks quoted below which were posted by you here in this thread some months and weeks ago. Can you please tell us what's currently being done and what not. What is planned and what dropped for good. Please share the news bit with the general audience. You know there's always room for updates and something what could be described as the "Sighisoara Team's Developer Diary".

"And this pre-campaign scenario ("Prime Suspect") will have no own produced music, it will be the campaign if that will happen"

Is the music deal still a viable option? Have you contacted this friend of yours already? What will the style be like if there'll indeed be brand new music tracks especially produced for our campaign?

"And hopefully I'll squeeze some artwork out of my girlfriend to!"

We are all waiting to get to see some of her Sighisoara inspired work... :)

"Hey, just wanted to give everyone a small update that I am currently trying to do some artwork. Hopefully you will see it up on CH in a few days. And it will give you all a small hint on what is going to happen in the new campaign."

It's been 6 and a half weeks since this was posted by you. Are you ready to publish the work you've produced so far? It would be great to see the stuff here on CH or at our Sighisoara website. What do you say, partner?

"I just wanted to tell you that I will be working on the Sighisoara map today!"

It's been almost 5 weeks since this was posted... Are you referring to the Sighisoara World Map? The grand continent map? If it is the updated, more detailed and decorated Continent overall map you're talking about, then I'd be more than happy to see the current version. It could quite a possibly be of the PoD candidate stuff, remind you ;) Imagine having the updated map on CH's front page? Wouldn't It Be Nice?

"...I am back and ready to please you fellow heroes 3 fans out there!"

I'm all in for this to take place, Max. Don't be shy. Please let the folks here see that you're ready for some serious ass-kicking good time.
The Sighisoaran Brotherhood awaits!

With solidarity, peace & love

Yurian

MadMax
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby MadMax » 11 May 2010, 20:40

"And this pre-campaign scenario ("Prime Suspect") will have no own produced music, it will be the campaign if that will happen"

Yes I have daily contact with my friend, allthough things are not really 100% bright there, since he has not created any kinds of music for around 4 months now... But I will still try to set him in work!

"And hopefully I'll squeeze some artwork out of my girlfriend to!"
That girlfriend newly became my ex-girlfriend but I will still try since we are still friends :)

"Hey, just wanted to give everyone a small update that I am currently trying to do some artwork. Hopefully you will see it up on CH in a few days. And it will give you all a small hint on what is going to happen in the new campaign."

Unfortunatley they are stuck at my ex girlfriend at the moment, I will get it back but god knows when haha xD

"I just wanted to tell you that I will be working on the Sighisoara map today!"

Well things does not always go as planned, alot of changes and stuff has been going on in my life and has taken alooot of time for me! Allthough I WILL say and stay with this, in around a week I am pretty much done with school for another like 10 weeks, that means I will have alot of time, and believe me I can barely wait to put my greasy fingers on the keyboard and make some good old story writing for our project Yurian+fans!

"...I am back and ready to please you fellow heroes 3 fans out there!"
Well read the answer above, soon it is ass-kicking time Sighisoara style! :D
"By the power of Zelas!"

ByteBandit
Archangel
Archangel

Unread postby ByteBandit » 12 May 2010, 00:02

Hopefully you'll be able to squeeze more than artwork out of her ... :tongue:

MadMax
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby MadMax » 12 May 2010, 06:03

Can admins say that? haha :-D :beheading:
"By the power of Zelas!"

ByteBandit
Archangel
Archangel

Unread postby ByteBandit » 13 May 2010, 15:43

err.......okay.....uhhh............I meant squeeze some playtesting. ;)

MadMax
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby MadMax » 13 May 2010, 20:51

xD Yeah right! ;) Yes anyways, I just have to finish some schoolproject now, creating a simple website, I am gonna make it Sighisoara oriented :P
"By the power of Zelas!"

Yurian Stonebow
Archmage
Archmage

Sighisoara site updated - check out the maps

Unread postby Yurian Stonebow » 30 May 2010, 17:42

Update 30th of May 2010

The Sighisoara web site has been updated. The visitor will now find the world map of Sighisoara uploaded on the site for the very first time. Check out the "Photo Gallery" section of our web site

http://sighisoara.webs.com/

and set out bravely for a nice geographical adventure accross the "New Continent". Here's hoping you'll all like the updated screenshots/photo gallery :)

For those of you who feel too lazy to head for the Sighisoara web site,
don't worry, here's a "small" teaser for you. The picture is credited to the joint work of the duo HeroOfPunk/Yurian Stonebow.

EDIT: I forgot to add that the yellow lines stand for invasion routes by the armies of Aurolas, Rojaice and Xerphef as seen in the first two Sighisoara campaigns. Xerphef's invasion of Rojaice and Gulael as seen on the stand alone Sighisoara map called "Prime Suspect" is not marked on the map.
National capitols are marked with spots painted with the color associated with their national standards. Xerphef's is pink (or magenta), Gulael's blue, Rojaice's green and the Aurolian national banner is bright red.
Please note that the small blue spot represents Minotaur Queen Sohora's secret outpost within Aurolas as seen in "The Murdered Innkeep".

Yurian
Don't worry if things are going badly today. They will be much worse tomorrow.

ByteBandit
Archangel
Archangel

Unread postby ByteBandit » 30 May 2010, 18:08

Yurian's back and badder than ever! :applause:

Koni
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Koni » 31 May 2010, 07:16

Well done, Yurian. :applause:

Only a little side note: the declaring text about the "Yellow lines" on the website belongs to photo 2 instead of 3. ;)

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 31 May 2010, 08:22

I still think my computer drawn map was better. :tongue:
In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Goodwill.

MadMax
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby MadMax » 31 May 2010, 11:02

Kalah wrote:I still think my computer drawn map was better. :tongue:
Yes yours looked better but also yours were inaccurate xD Well done Yurian :) Did you know I have my original drawing still? I have all the original plans and papers in a file on my room :)
Now school work is soon over and I will then start the work on the MoS-II campaign! :)
"By the power of Zelas!"

cmrenberg
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Masters of Sighisoara

Unread postby cmrenberg » 31 May 2010, 16:53

I just finished this campaign and this is why HOMM3 continues to reside on my hard drive and is probably my most played game even thought I have most of the Roleplaying/Strategy games ever developed. Thank you authors for an experience greatly enjoyed - your effort is hardily appreciated!!!

MadMax
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby MadMax » 31 May 2010, 19:39

Thank you very much cmrenberg, have you tried prime suspect aswell? :)
We are working on a second campaign now aswell, hopefully will be done in 2010 :)
"By the power of Zelas!"

Yurian Stonebow
Archmage
Archmage

Unread postby Yurian Stonebow » 01 Jun 2010, 21:35

Update 1st of June 2010

Inspired by the success of the recently released Sighisoara II "grand strategy map", I now present the community my latest work for the Sighisoara II project. This map includes data from the Sighisoara II campaign standalone scenario called "Prime Suspect". Yellow lines indicate invasion routes by the Aurolian, Xerphef and Rojacian armies. Large spots represent national capitols while smaller "spots" stand for other towns and cities. I hope you enjoy the new information revealed here in this very picture file. You can also view this map on the Sighisoara web site.

xerobull
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby xerobull » 10 Jun 2010, 02:14

Outstanding work, guys. HOMM3 just never quits thanks to great community projects such as this.

Yurian Stonebow
Archmage
Archmage

Reply and Update

Unread postby Yurian Stonebow » 13 Jun 2010, 09:39

Xerobull, thank you for complimenting on the Sighisoara Project. We, the Team, are always happy to hear the player's feedback & reaction to the released campaign, and why not to the other stuff as well. ;) Glad you digged the first campaign, "The Murdered Innkeep".

Update, 13th of June 2010

Speaking of the First Campaign, I have succesfully finished preparing an update to it, tested it a number of times and renamed it version 1.1. The updated version to Campaign I features improved graphics, more fine tuned story bits (less typos that is) and some innovative changes adopted from the German Version. Most of the changes deal with map IV. Just you wait and see. The AI is now 3 times more aggressive than before and offers quite a nice challenge on the Expert difficulty setting.

I plan to release that version together with an updated version of the "Prime Suspect", the stand-alone Sighisoara map that serves as a prequel to the Second Sighisoara campaign, The Undead of Xerphef. If everything goes as planned, you'll see the new versions uploaded here on CH within a week. Stay tuned for more.

Oh, and work on the third map of campaign 2 continues. :)

Yurian/The Sighisoara Team

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 21 Jun 2010, 08:27

Update received and uploaded.

MadMax
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby MadMax » 25 Jun 2010, 11:54

Hey everybody! I am back, I do not have any internet at home, but I am currently at a friends house, I have just received all the latest MoS2 stuff and I will start working on it as soon as possible and send Yurian an update within a few days! I will tell you this, this will be awesome, this will be better then MoS1 and for you people in to the arts of black magic and such, you will find alot of hidden treats and fun stuff :)
"By the power of Zelas!"

MadMax
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby MadMax » 14 Jul 2010, 19:26

Once again I have not held my word and I beg for you, both my team and the sighisoara fans out there for forgiveness.. Now I have recently met a girl, she lives almost 9 hours away from me and she is currently down here with me. She will be leaving on monday, and my work can then go on unfinished. Also I can tell you all my work has started a little but not mentionably much (is that even a word? xD)
Anyways have patience... It is summer times and things are going slow...
"By the power of Zelas!"

Return to “Heroes I-IV”