Masters of Sighisoara - a whole new continent!

The old Heroes games developed by New World Computing. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
Koni
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Koni » 20 Aug 2009, 13:56

And there has to be done a bit of 'fine tuning', which artifacts shall crossover from map to map, so that the main hero doesn't arrive "naked" in his next scenario, where he is awaited by legions of nasty creatures. ;)

MadMax
Swordsman
Swordsman

TODAY!

Unread postby MadMax » 21 Aug 2009, 00:17

Okey guys! Today I am going to finish the last story parts for part 4 of the campaign! :D I hope you guys will enjoy it! And also as soon as you are done with the parts send me ALL the latest updates of EVERYTHING! :D And I will do the last small add-ons and stuff then we can test-play and then RELEASE THIS PIECE OF ART!! :D :D I WILL PROBABLY WRITE A BIG THANK YOU AFTER THE RELEASE TO! :D

MadMax
Swordsman
Swordsman

PART 4 IS DONE!

Unread postby MadMax » 21 Aug 2009, 03:55

I just sent out part 4! So after Yurian made his changes we just need to fine tune the whole campaign a little then!!! RELEASE TIME! We are aiming to release it before the 1st of september! :D :D :D :D

Yurian Stonebow
Archmage
Archmage

Unread postby Yurian Stonebow » 23 Aug 2009, 09:15

Update, Sunday 23rd of August '09

The Campaign is now being tested by our very own team of professionals. We have encountered some balance related issues, and also a couple of annoying bugs which proved to be quite game killing. These bugs and inbalances are currently being studied by yours truly and will soon be eliminated altogether. (or circumvented which one ever is more feasible)

In addition to the team turning their full attention to inter faction balance and AI vs the Player balance issues, there are some story bits that need to be rechecked and polished before we release the campaign. This doesn't have that huge impact on testing, which explains why we went ahead with testing the campaign even with the stories not being fully finalized. "Quality comes first", in other words you won't be playing a campaign that features second rate storyline and buggy Quests.

The Campaign now bears the label 0.98 on it which to me translates to 98% of the overall work being done. That remaining 2% will be left for tracking down remaining bugs, story inconsistencies and other errors. After all we aim to release the campaign with as few unwanted side effects as possible - which isn't too much to ask, I hope. Don't forget that this is our very first campaign together, and there is probably a lot room for further improvements. Please don't judge us too harshly. :D

As for the polishing of the final story draft, the team has contacted and received a promise from ByteBandit to see all texts through once more with the aim of eliminating all typos and grammatical errors. We wish to use this oppurtunity to express our gratitude to ByteBandit for all the support and encouragement the team has received. His co-operation in Project Sighisoara is much appreciated. Thanks, Steve.

With Heroic greetings,

Yurian
Don't worry if things are going badly today. They will be much worse tomorrow.

maygwan
Scout
Scout

Unread postby maygwan » 23 Aug 2009, 14:19

UPDATE:-

I have currently run extensive playtest on map 1-2-3 and i can safely say that the balance issues are being delt with as we speak.
I will however say that i have found the maps to be very challenging and i play on impossible and the hardest levels. i have truly enjoyed the 2nd and third maps as it requires quite a bit of skill. I found them very enjoyable.
there is of course a normal option for the beginners.
i will be runing tests on the 4th and final map soon this im looking forward to as i think it will offer the most challenges.
Yurian and myself have spent many hours on all the maps building them from scratch and 100,s of hours on ai balancing and detail.

As yurian quoted earlier this is our first shot at a campaign so be gentle with us.
many thanx
maygwan
simon

maygwan
Scout
Scout

Unread postby maygwan » 28 Aug 2009, 05:54

UPDATE:-

The campaign as been completed and playtested all 4 maps. We now know that the campaign is 100% playable.
We are however still running bugs and balancing tests and still adding small detail and touches to the story and events.

the campaign is still running through more play testing also to try and find any problems that may have been missed.

We are still hoping for the early september release and we are working hard to make that happen.

Watch this space
THE MASTERS OF SIGHISOARA TEAM
yurian
maygwan
hop
koni

maygwan
Scout
Scout

Unread postby maygwan » 02 Sep 2009, 05:23

UPDATE-

Part III is now 100% complete so thats all the first 3 100% done and tested.
The final part is being worked on with more testing,balancing,bug fixes and detail and should be finished very soon.

the campaign is at 0.998 so we are almost there.
part 4 is at 0.9 and we have some minor touches to do to the final part.
All that is left after that is grammer checks and it will be ready to unleash on you hungry homm3 players looking for a new campaign to play.

It will be out by the end of the week if not earlier
THE MASTERS OF SIGHISOARA TEAM
yurian
maygwan
hop
koni

MadMax
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby MadMax » 05 Sep 2009, 20:26

Okey guys! I just sent the 99.999999999999% done campaign to Yurian and hopefully I will have it sent back to me by tommorow! :D And then we will hopefully see the campaign added to this site by monday! :D Perhaps tuesday but hopefully monday! :D I hope you will enjoy the campaign as much as we did making it! :)
And hopefully you will see more happening from the world of Sighisoara soon :)

MadMax
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby MadMax » 06 Sep 2009, 17:49

THE CAMPAIGN HAS BEEN SENT TO BYTEBANDIT!! :D :D

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 06 Sep 2009, 18:28

Exciting.

No, really. I'm on tenterhooks.

Oh, just send it in, then...

:D
In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Goodwill.

MadMax
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby MadMax » 07 Sep 2009, 10:33

As I said it has been sent to ByteBandit and soon it will be released!! :D

MadMax
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby MadMax » 16 Sep 2009, 08:23

OKey I sent the campaign to bytebandit and emailed him later but I still have gotten no reply so I suppose that he does not posses the time to fix up the campaign...

WELL ANYWAYS! THE BIG NEWS ARE THAT THE CAMPAIGN HAS BEEN SENT TO THE CELESTIALHEAVENS STAFF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

IT SHOULD BE UP SOON I HOPE! :D

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 16 Sep 2009, 18:59

There you go.

If you'd like to improve the screenshot, you can email me a picture of your own choice.
In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Goodwill.

MadMax
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby MadMax » 17 Sep 2009, 17:54

https://www.celestialheavens.com/search ... ion=search

PASTE THAT LINK INTO YOUR BROWSER AND YOU CAN DOWNLOAD THE CAMPAIGN! :) And also you may check out http://sighisoara.webs.com/ for more info! I will update that site with events and such happening in Sighisoara! :) PM me if you have any questions or ideas about ANYTHING! :) Or simply email me on maxygdell@hotmail.com

And hopefully you have not heard the last from me and my loyal team!

WBR,
Maximilian the Knight[/url]

ByteBandit
Archangel
Archangel

Unread postby ByteBandit » 18 Sep 2009, 03:24

I looked in my email and did'nt see it. You could mail it to me at lightmage55 at yahoo dot com. I will forward it to the group or you could just send it to the staff at CH. BTW, I would like to put it in the Campaign Archives with your permission, or you could upload it on Campaign Arhives II yourself if you like.

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 18 Sep 2009, 06:27

You talkin' to me?

MadMax
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby MadMax » 18 Sep 2009, 08:29

What Kalah? xD BTW What is Campaign Archives?

ByteBandit
Archangel
Archangel

Unread postby ByteBandit » 19 Sep 2009, 05:06

HoP
You asked about the Campaign Archives. Are you familiar with the HoMM3 Map Archives started by Pol and I? I see you've worked with Yurian. He is the moderater on Map Archives 6. Anyway, we have 2 Campaign Archives like that site as well.
You can join Camp. Archive I and II if you like, and your new Campaign will be found in the Second one. I'll put it up there today. We have members there that do not visit CH, but we will have a link to CH on CAII. If you want me to remove your campaign from the site, I will do so without incident. Thank You.
BTW
I looked over your Campaign, and I think that anyone who wants to play it will not be disappointed. I look forward to playing it soon. I will play it after I play the Civil War map, which I will play after I take care of a few real life issues first. Good luck with your Campaign. It looks like it could be a future classic!
Campaign Archives-
http://games.groups.yahoo.com/group/cam ... =137812692

maygwan
Scout
Scout

Unread postby maygwan » 19 Sep 2009, 06:55

Im just glad its finally released i put many hours into the map and i know yurain,hop also worked many hours and koni did some excellent playtesting and came up with many suggestions on improving the campaign.

I actually played the campaign twice myself first on the hardest difficulty and then on the easy difficulty only to see what the differences were.
easy- can be played by pretty much anyone it will be challenging in parts especially map 2,3,4.
hardest-only advanced players should try this as it does get real challenging
and will require a few restarts so save regularly.

overall really pleased with the outcome and who knows we may do a follow up as the continent is huge and we have only touched the surface of it.

hope you all enjoy it.
maygwan

ByteBandit
Archangel
Archangel

Unread postby ByteBandit » 19 Sep 2009, 10:33

Mapmaking is work in itself. A quality Campaign is like a Job! If you experience a little mapmaking burnout, that's normal. But it won't last long. And working with Yurian and Koni, you have learned a lot from the modern day mapmaking masters and it should rub off on you when and if you decide to do future projects. Each one you do becomes better than the last. Eventually, hopefully, when you become the best you think you can be, you will help future mapmakers the same way. At least that's what I find I like to do anyway.

Return to “Heroes I-IV”