Masters of Sighisoara - a whole new continent!

The old Heroes games developed by New World Computing. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
maygwan
Scout
Scout

Unread postby maygwan » 19 Jul 2009, 21:58

HeroOfPunk wrote:Maygwan I have to tell you once again that part 4 looks super awesome! Probably the most detailed map I have ever seen and it is still in a very early development stage! WOW! Great job dude! :D
thanx bro i worked really hard on the maps and im just glad they are complete. once all the balancing scrpts and extra detail get added they are good to go.

keep on top of the story max and maybe we can see an almost finished version by the end of july.

keep up the good work punk,yurian and koni.
many thanx
maygwan

MadMax
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby MadMax » 20 Jul 2009, 07:00

Yeah I am working on the map pretty much everyday but it is indeed hard since I try to make the map as exciting and fun as possible, I am adding up story everyday, so just keep watching the sky, soon you will see my updated version.... in your e-mail... :)

Yurian Stonebow
Archmage
Archmage

Unread postby Yurian Stonebow » 20 Jul 2009, 10:48

Extra quick note:

Part III is now quite stable at version 0.95, and just sent to the guys some minutes ago. A screenshot from the work (from Part II) has been sent to the CH staff, here's hoping they'll release it as soon as possible.

Max: good work! Keep those stories coming.
Simon: be ready to team up with me soon (trademark) on Part IV and it's underground sections.

Koni: testing awaits in the near future! Thanks :)

-Yurian
Don't worry if things are going badly today. They will be much worse tomorrow.

maygwan
Scout
Scout

Unread postby maygwan » 21 Jul 2009, 14:04

Yurian Stonebow wrote:Extra quick note:

Simon: be ready to team up with me soon (trademark) on Part IV and it's underground sections.

-Yurian
no problem yurian i have a few ideas on the underground aswell as i need more balancing and a touch more detail but cant do much now until max continues with the story.

simon

Koni
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Koni » 21 Jul 2009, 17:47

Yurian Stonebow wrote: Koni: testing awaits in the near future! Thanks :)
'Near future' is such an 'elastic' term. :D
But I can wait. A lot of other "work" wants to be done. ;)

Yurian Stonebow
Archmage
Archmage

We've got high hopes

Unread postby Yurian Stonebow » 21 Jul 2009, 22:23

Yurian's in-between update!

The work is currently progressing quite nicely with our map makers whipping themselves into frenzy to meet our high quality standards. Good news are to be reported from the story writing departement as well: new story bits and drafts are in the works & just waiting to be added into the overall campaign file which still bears the label 0.90 on it. Some of those seriously informative , and yet so amusingly entertaining stories and minor story bits were added into Part III when it was recently confirmed version 0.95. Our map testing departement reports reclaiming its main representative from his three week holiday less than a week ago. The same report goes on to mention that he is ready to return to active duty when the High Command gives its blessing.

The project is still on schdule despite the Team's commitments to Real Life, that fun killing, nose hitting, troublesome and jealous mistress. The Team will use the remaining 240 hours to polish the campaign for release, and to ensure that all you Heroes fans out there will receive 100% Sighisoaran quality. Or should I say Castrum Sex? :D

Team credits:

HeroOfPunk: Hand drawn artworks, power point demo representation, map making, world backround information, story bits and related stuff

Maygwan: Map making, additional ideas, balancing the maps

Yurian Stonebow: Map making, additional ideas, additional stories, balancing the maps, eliminating typos and errors related to English grammary, improvising, acting as an advisor to the Team Leader

Koni: Map testing, ideas for further improvement of the work done so far

Tiare: (unofficial member: Yurian's wife and source of common sense advice and also, artistic advisor on the graphical appearance of the maps)

ByteBandit: (unofficial member: trusted friend and a native English speaker who helps with eliminating remaining typos and bad grammary)

Special thanks to Team Leader HoP's girlfriend who has helped the team by inspiring HoP and staying by his side when planning Sighisoara was still all on the drawing board taking its first steps.

The release date (or the last overall testing session's deadline) for the whole campaign confirmed at July 31st. All team members shall personally test the whole campaign at least once before the general testing and/or release of the campaign here at CH.

On behalf of the group,

Yurian

maygwan
Scout
Scout

Unread postby maygwan » 24 Jul 2009, 10:48

just a quick update from me. i have now finished part 4 underground,quests,balancing,added detail and other bits and bobs.

this as been forwarded to yurian for further additions and finalising.
wish to thank all involved in the project and hopefully it will be released shortly.

i believe my work on this project is completed and hopefully ch members will enjoy the campaign.
many thanx
maygwan
simon

Koni
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Koni » 26 Jul 2009, 09:24

HeroOfPunk wrote:Yeah I am working on the map pretty much everyday but it is indeed hard since I try to make the map as exciting and fun as possible, I am adding up story everyday, so just keep watching the sky, soon you will see my updated version.... in your e-mail... :)
I only wanted to find this statement on the new side!

... and I'm tired of watching the sky...dumdidumdidum

Yurian Stonebow
Archmage
Archmage

Campaign updated to version 0.94

Unread postby Yurian Stonebow » 29 Jul 2009, 22:03

Greetings All,

I have worked hard and ever so diligently side-by-side with Maygwan for the past week or so to polish the work for general testing here at CH hopefully beginning at 00:01 on the 1st of August. The maps are technically of good quality, but remain still little tested. Storyline has yet to see its finalization, but we are confident that all pieces shall fit together and the campaign itself shall be released in the near future.

Status of the individual maps and the overall campaign as of 29th of July:

Part I: "The Murdered Innkeep", 1.0
Part II: "Flight of the Minotaur", 0.96
Part III: "Breaking the Threshold", 0.95
Part IV: "The Final Truth", 0.92

"Masters of Sighisoara 1" (campaign), 0.94

More information available from the team.

With Heroic salutations,

Yurian

MadMax
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby MadMax » 31 Jul 2009, 02:30

Yeah guys it is 4:32 AM and I am going to a U2 concert today and going to meet some people from denmark that my gf and her family met on their vacation in Carribien this winter for the first time tommorow, Allthough I am working on the story, and just wrote the prologue and epilogue to the last part.. I also had time to do just a little story writing on it to but not very much and I really need to go to sleep, on sunday my girlfriend will be going away for a week and we are with eachother 24/7 so it will be though for me. So I need to spend some time with her, allthough now she is sleeping like a lumber (A swedish expression "Sover som en stock") while I am working on the campaign. I will do my best and it will take me maximum one week to finish the story parts and all so you guys can chill and just wait for map 3 and 4 to arrive updated in your inboxes! :) I am really going to put alot of effort in to this and I do not feel like we should release some 90% finished campaign here! Let's just release it at 110% done! And SUPER AWESOME! I hope you guys can be a little patient but I am working at this at all the freetime I got now! THANKS!

BTW I JUST WANT TO SAY THAT MAYGWAN KONI AND YURIAN ARE THE BEST TEAM ANYONE COULD EVER HAVE! THANKS!!

-HoP (Max)

Koni
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Koni » 06 Aug 2009, 09:45

... another six days have passed ...

MadMax
Swordsman
Swordsman

Yes?

Unread postby MadMax » 06 Aug 2009, 12:26

And as I said I will have it for you guys at the end of the week! :)

Yurian Stonebow
Archmage
Archmage

The Final Countdown

Unread postby Yurian Stonebow » 10 Aug 2009, 18:49

Update, August 10th, 2009

Thanks to HoP and his recently made additions to Part III, I'm currently working on the said map's story pieces, and doin' a little rechecking to see if we still have some unnoticed or troublesome balance related issues left there to deal with. (Max, Simon and Koni: The so called unused underground entrance is a storyline affecting visual type thing only, you're not supposed to go down there at all, not until map IV, anyway)

HoP himself continues to write story for Part IV, so that Maygwan and Koni would take on the work from there and begin the delayed Final testing sessions. (and I guess, they'd be listening to "Final Countdown" when starting their grand final Beta Tests)

However, Beta testing will not begin before Max has prepared the final draft for Part IV, and yours truly has added it into the main campaign file. Still I say do not despair, dear Heroes fans, but rest assured: we're back on the track again with high hopes & producing simply the best.

Yurian

Team members: please share your thoughts on this one, too ( it's good for the publicity, you know ;) )

MadMax
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby MadMax » 11 Aug 2009, 02:50

Yes and part IV will be done within 1-3 days from now! It were harder then i thaught! Also I would love it if someone explained that complex underground for me (on mail) so that I may add events and such down there and not just randomly! :) As for now the time is almos 5.00 A.M and I am going to work on Part IV! :D

So good night folks and keep watching...this forum for an huge update soon! :D

MadMax
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby MadMax » 15 Aug 2009, 02:56

SOON HALF MAP 4 IS DONE!! IT IS REALLY SOON NOW (ANY DAY)!!!

IS THERE ANYONE OUT THERE WHO HAS FOLLOWED THIS PROJECT AND ARE JUST WAITING FOR IT TO FINALLY COME OUT?! :D :D :D

maygwan
Scout
Scout

Unread postby maygwan » 15 Aug 2009, 18:30

me i followed it from the beginning :)

i will be glad to see it finished as i know all 4 of us have put many hours into the map with building,testing,story and balancing.

and i enjoy nothing more than people playing and enjoying my work.

hopefully we will get a good response to the campaign and that may lead to more campaigns and more stories in the near future.

maygwan
simon

MadMax
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby MadMax » 16 Aug 2009, 00:50

Would you guys still like to work more with me even though I for a time truly failed you? That is warming indeed! :) Thanks Maygwan! :) I also truly hope that this campaign will be a huge success and that people would like to learn more about to country of Sighisoara! :) And if enough interest will be shown in the campaign you will probably be able to see a website coming up later about happenings and such in Sighisoara, if that would be of interest?

Yurian Stonebow
Archmage
Archmage

Unread postby Yurian Stonebow » 19 Aug 2009, 10:01

Hello All,

Masters of Sighisoara 1 has now been confirmed version 0.96 and the project has thus taken one major step more towards finalization. I am quite confident that we shall finally start those delayed final testing sessions this weekend.

Yurian

See also my reply to Eon on the main page's "POTD".

HoP: please report here on the progress of Part IV. We need the texts ready by Friday, remember? ;)

Zamolxis
Archangel
Archangel

Unread postby Zamolxis » 19 Aug 2009, 21:12

HeroOfPunk wrote:IS THERE ANYONE OUT THERE WHO HAS FOLLOWED THIS PROJECT AND ARE JUST WAITING FOR IT TO FINALLY COME OUT?! :D :D :D
I'm one of the lurkers of this thread. :) I can't say I'm "dying" to see this come out any day as my next few weeks are busy as hell, but I am looking forward for this campaign. Best of luck with the last remaining bits! ;)
'Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former' - Albert Einstein

'Science without religion is lame, religion without science is blind' - same guy

maygwan
Scout
Scout

Unread postby maygwan » 20 Aug 2009, 05:30

UPDATE-aug 20th

The campaign is near completion
part1-1.0
part2-1.0
part3-0.98-1
part4-0.90
we are pretty much finished on the first 3 parts and part 4 is very close to the final balancing.
HOP is finishing up the story and yurian and myself will finish any balancing in part 4.
We will all then do a final test on the campaign to make sure there are no bugs,typo,s and errors.
We are hoping that we can release the finished product by the end of august.
thanx
maygwan
simon

Return to “Heroes I-IV”