Masters of Sighisoara - a whole new continent!

The old Heroes games developed by New World Computing. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
Yurian Stonebow
Archmage
Archmage

Re: Masters of Sighisoara - a whole new continent!

Unread postby Yurian Stonebow » 06 Dec 2015, 18:38

Well, speaking of continuing our work... on Saturday the first map ("The Teleport Device") of the Third Sighisoara Campaign was updated to version 0.92. It was a minor upgrade aimed at perfectioning the map's balance. I suspect that there might still be a major bug lurking within.
It may be that the victory condition we used (Transport an artifact) has been been rendered invalid by the fact that the player doesn't own the destination city, but it's owned by an AI ally. If this is indeed the case, we must rework that part of the map to erase out the possible conflicting victory condition. This calls for some more test-playing, says I. ;)

And as I type this on the Sixth of December... Happy Independence Day Finland!!

With Heroic greetings,

Yurian
Don't worry if things are going badly today. They will be much worse tomorrow.

MadMax
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby MadMax » 07 Dec 2015, 19:03

Hmm... Weird, I just wrote an entry that disappeared.. Oh well, I will just rewrite it.

Why not keep the updates rolling when you are hot anyways?
Map 4 was just labelled 0.7.1 after naming some towns and checking hero bios.

Map 1 was just reviewed and the review was sent to Yurian for further inspections.
It is still some graphical issues that needs fixing, some balancing left as well and some more minor stories to add. 0.92 should be a good label as we are finally drawing closer on this one.
The major bug is also an issue to be dealt with.

I have text message conversation with Yurian at this moment to see what can be done by me to ensure that we keep moving forward and that the project is not standing still.

The wikia http://h3mos.wikia.com has seen some updates today as well with background story to MoS 3, some improved graphics and updated "Nation" sections too.

Overall, we have seen a good day for producing good results!
"By the power of Zelas!"

Yurian Stonebow
Archmage
Archmage

Unread postby Yurian Stonebow » 24 Dec 2015, 19:11

Hello All,

We, the Team, are now announcing open beta testing for the Third Sighisoara Campaign's maps 1 (0.94) and 2 (0.91). The versions that are now ready for the public to test are confirmed suitably stable and generally quite ok balanced even if they lack final polishing. We are now giving you the chance to test them out as "single scenarios" as opposed to the perhaps more conventional way to play test the entire campaign file (which is at v0.80+). Please contact me, Yurian, or HeroOfPunk right here at the CH Forums to receive your h3m map file to test. You can send us PM or place your request here on our thread and the map file will then be sent to you via email. (be sure to notify us of your email address) For more information, please contact the Team here in our thread or by visiting https://www.facebook.com/h3MoS.

May you all spend a most Merry Christmas time with lots of Heroes games and hours of playing. :)

-Yurian Stonebow

EDIT: The maps' versions are 0.94 and 0.91, respectively

MadMax
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby MadMax » 26 Dec 2015, 21:46

There is nothing else to say than the Sighisoara team being on fire lately!
Map 1 can now be viewed as version 0.94.1 due to a minor bug fix.
Map 2 is still in 0.91 but is being tested by new people.
Map 3 is getting an update (In a matter of... 30 minutes, the work will start, will be 0.8 soon).
Map 4 has now reached 0.8 with some very nice upgrades to gameplay, underground and other quite important pieces.

So, taking the average of that will lead us to say that the Campaign is now in a state of 0,8625 state..... Well. Let's just say that if we keep this up, we will not need to postpone the release and can look at a release on the 28th of February 2016 :)
"By the power of Zelas!"

MadMax
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby MadMax » 26 Feb 2016, 07:02

Once again, it calls for an update!
Map 1 is stuck in it's 0.94.1 state, needing some minor updates and balancing.
Map 2 has reached the very respectful state of 0.97!
Map 3 is considered to be in 0.8 state but is currently being worked on.
Map 4 is now in a 0.9 state.

We are moving forward, and currenly, it goes forward fast. We are seeing insane amounts of time being put into the project by our dear Yurian!
We are currently looking for more map testers, but also have a couple from our new found fans on facebook!

Map 3 remains in need of some graphical updates and then the very well made balancing of Yurian.
Map 4 needs a liiiittle graphic polishing and some grammar checks/more balancing.
Map 1 needs a bit of balancing, grammar and story checking.
Map 2 is almost done, balancing is good and we are just looking to do some grammar checking and finalization!

Thank you for your continued patience in these times of hurry, while we do need to push our release a bit further, we do it to be able to deliver the best product for our fans.
We are currently aiming on having it all done, wrapped up neatly in a little package and delivered out there to all of you out there (one way or another since CH are unfortunately still having some trouble with the map pages!)

"By the power of Zelas!"

Karmakeld
CH Staff
CH Staff

Unread postby Karmakeld » 26 Feb 2016, 07:54

I'm sure most fans will be just a bit more patient, if the result is a well balanced and bug free game :) I admire the amount of work put into this project.
I'm silent in seven languages - and I got all my familys fear.
Everytime you throw dirt, you loose a little ground

MadMax
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby MadMax » 26 Feb 2016, 09:30

Karmakeld wrote:I'm sure most fans will be just a bit more patient, if the result is a well balanced and bug free game :) I admire the amount of work put into this project.

Your feedback is much appreciated Karmakeld!
I do believe the same, and this time, it is not the team having a lot of personal issues or lack of motivation, this time we are really working hard on creating the best experience.

I sat up until 1:30 last night doing the image above and updating map 3. My goal is to have it ready for Yurians magic touch by sunday and then at least a version of 0.9.

At the same time, once more, I have taken up reading (Recently read The Hobbit, and now reading LoTR (english) to get a better understanding of the english language).
"By the power of Zelas!"

Yurian Stonebow
Archmage
Archmage

Unread postby Yurian Stonebow » 02 May 2016, 10:42

Update on the 2nd of May, 2016

I'm now preparing Campaign III to have it's first truly playable unified campaign structure file, dubbed version 0.92. Version 0.9 had some major issues still lurking in it and was left behind as a failed attempt. Maps 1-4 are now at version 0.97, 097, 0.85 and 0.90 respectively.

Yours in a hurry,

Yurian

MadMax
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby MadMax » 02 May 2016, 13:42

Yurian Stonebow wrote:Update on the 2nd of May, 2016

I'm now preparing Campaign III to have it's first truly playable unified campaign structure file, dubbed version 0.92. Version 0.9 had some major issues still lurking in it and was left behind as a failed attempt. Maps 1-4 are now at version 0.97, 097, 0.85 and 0.90 respectively.

Yours in a hurry,

Yurian
Yes, indeed work continues!
While we are still mainly commited to the Heroes 3 campaign (Still crossing my fingers for a release before the end of Q2), a new, yet old side project has reawakened but with new skin.

While Masters of Sighisoara 3.5 - The Saga of Zhule has been scrapped (Well, not really, but it will be reworked with a new engine), Tales from Yzathia will be a storybased short game that has all those Sighisoara influences.

I will hopefully have it out on Steam and prize will be around 1-3 euro (Or 5 euro for free lifetime expansions and upgrades).
But prize is even less important than the rest. (Who knows, it may just be free).

Anyways, back to MoS, the Heroes project. We are going to put in one extra gear to get this all done. Map 2 is currently resting in my hands, changes are being made almost daily.

WBR,
Maximilian
"By the power of Zelas!"

maygwan
Scout
Scout

Unread postby maygwan » 13 May 2016, 18:09

Glad to see you guys are still working hard on this amazing project. I do have some spare time over these coming months so if you need any help just give me a shout and i will see what i can do..

Great job has always!!!

MadMax
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby MadMax » 16 May 2016, 12:52

Wow, Maygwan, I must admit that my heart beat a bit extra once I saw that delicious looking forum name!
You are more than welcome to help us finalize this campaign of ours, a kick in the bum is well needed!

I have written you a PM and hope to hear back from you soon! :)
"By the power of Zelas!"

Yurian Stonebow
Archmage
Archmage

Unread postby Yurian Stonebow » 30 May 2016, 18:58

Update on the 30th of May 2016

I was waiting for my Team mate HoP to break the news but... Here it goes.

Work on the Masters of Sighisoara III: A Gyondrian's Tale continues!
We have re-established contact with Maygwan (Simon) who was an integral part of the Team until his departure midway through the map making sessions for our Second Campaign. Maygwan's back in the business and has helped us quite a bit by updating the third map
("King of the Mountains") from version 0.85 all the way to version 0.95. This was a major improvement on the said map which saw no progress for a month or so as work on it was stalled for apparently no good reason. (Okay, I admit. It was a writer's block on my part, to be honest.)

Picking it up from where Maygwan left the third map, I was able to update it further to version 0.96 some 4 days later. It's great to have you back mate. Good overall updates made with speed and then added quality checking on top of it, that's the summary of our work during the past week or so.

Our Team Leader HoP (Max) reports being quite close to releasing the Campaign III's 0.93 "milestone" version any day now. We are working ever so diligently together to ensure everything's fine and in perfect working order with the campaign file. This is done so that the general public here on CH and in other forums/sites as well (of our choosing) could have as smooth play-testing sessions to come as humanly possible.

Please follow our FB page at https://www.facebook.com/h3MoS
(and of course this thread right here) for more information on the subject still to come.

Contact us, the Sighisoara Team, to gain access to the first proper Beta testing of the Campaign III right now! :)

"You can find me in the phone book,
Just call my toll free number
You can do it anyway you want
Just do it right away"

With Heroic greetings and on behalf of the Sighisoara Heroes III Team,

Yurian Stonebow

Project coordinator of the World of Sighisoara

Yurian Stonebow
Archmage
Archmage

Unread postby Yurian Stonebow » 15 Jun 2016, 11:05

Update on the 15th of June 2016

Today we've got some major news to share with you. So here it comes. We are now announcing the first CH wide open Beta testing of the Third Sighisoara Campaign. The H3C file (Campaign file) is hosted right here in Celestialheavens.com and can be downloaded by following this link.

https://www.celestialheavens.com/featur ... e_0.93.h3c

The Campaign file is version 0.93 which means that it is an improved Beta, and it should be quite smooth to play. Please note that the Campaign shall see some balance related issues fixed before the release version (aka 1.0) is launched at the end of June 2016. We will also work to improve the grammary and eliminate all encountered bugs and glitches that may still be lurking there within. The bottom line is that our work continues.

The Sighisoara Team would like to say Thanks to Kalah, the Admin who never sleeps, and the one who was so kind that he offered to host the file and provide us with a permanent link for download, and I must stress this, even if the new Maptesting Section is still not finished. (I'm looking at you Pol, you promised to have it ready by the end of 2015, now did you not? ;) ) Thank you for your co-operation.

And there's more to come!

The Sighisoara Team's "Hard Core" will be meeting in real life (that's right) in Fuengirola, Spain starting this Thursday at 21:00 local time.
It's me, Yurian, who'll do the traveling even if I have a fear of flying. (and of course there's a scheduled 7-hour long stop in Dusseldorf)
HoP (Max) will be my guide and host in Spain so the 5 days of my Spanish holiday will see long map making sessions, some good ol' H3 playing sessions to come and also, hitting the local bars and cafes under the bright Mediterranean sun. A joyous time to be had, no doubt!

The Sighisoara Team invites you all to test-play the Campaign and asks you kindly to report back with your comment on the gameplay, balance, bugs, storyline etc. We value all feedback so don't be shy. It's the participation that matters along with the right attitude. :)

Join us in the Adventures of Charles, a young man from Gyondria who embarks on a journey to see the world, venture out into the unknown, build up his might and magic, and finally establish himself as one of the Knights of Dragonia. Meet the businessman Lord Nimae, the scheming villain Count Jean, free the lost Heroine Gregoria and escape via a magical Teleport device into Jarall, the land of the High Mages. Meet your future wife, fell in love and together go on a Quest to slay the mightiest Dragon, Malestos. All of this and much more is now available to you by copy-pasting (or just simply, clicking) the link above and downloading the Third Masters of Sighisoara Campaign for Heroes III:SoD.

With best regards,

Yurian Stonebow and HeroOfPunk
The Masters of Sighisoara Team

Yurian Stonebow
Archmage
Archmage

Unread postby Yurian Stonebow » 23 Jun 2016, 19:51

Update on the 23rd of June 2016

Happy Midsummer everyone,

The Team's "main Axis" (HoP-Yurian) had a smashing time in Fuengirola, Costa del Sol, Spain. We celebrated the unique meeting by engaging in pretty detailed and point-by-point map making sessions spread over the time period of four days. These map making sessions included some much needed upgrades into the general appearance of the 4th map of Campaign III. In the end, the results were quite okay and we reached an agreement concerning the future course of the said campaign before its scheduled release here at the CH on the 30th of June 2016. We did, in fact, move beyond the 3rd Campaign's scope but it's still too early to discuss it in detail. What we can say is that our work continues and the goal's a bit closer now.

Please await my Team mate HoP's update to appear here shortly. He has some additional details and photos taken during our live Team meeting.

With peace and love,

Yurian

MadMax
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby MadMax » 02 Jul 2016, 19:04

Yurian Stonebow wrote:Update on the 23rd of June 2016

Happy Midsummer everyone,

The Team's "main Axis" (HoP-Yurian) had a smashing time in Fuengirola, Costa del Sol, Spain. We celebrated the unique meeting by engaging in pretty detailed and point-by-point map making sessions spread over the time period of four days. These map making sessions included some much needed upgrades into the general appearance of the 4th map of Campaign III. In the end, the results were quite okay and we reached an agreement concerning the future course of the said campaign before its scheduled release here at the CH on the 30th of June 2016. We did, in fact, move beyond the 3rd Campaign's scope but it's still too early to discuss it in detail. What we can say is that our work continues and the goal's a bit closer now.

Please await my Team mate HoP's update to appear here shortly. He has some additional details and photos taken during our live Team meeting.

With peace and love,

Yurian
Travelling and the first part of my vacation is now over. I have commited myself to yet another update of Map 4 that will hit the inbox of my dear friend Yurian tonight! It will feature some updates to our underground world and will be my final update before leaving it to Yurian.

As Yurian mentioned, 30th of June was our goal. Yet again, we have failed it, and we are every so sorry of course.. However, rest assure that the maps are pretty much "releasable" but we want to "perfect" them for our audience.

As Yurian said, here are some images from our meeting!

Many fine things were discussed and agreed upon, heavy drinking was also done. We even had a fight that we both laughed about afterwards too!
Now, I say good bye for now. I will not give an absolute release date, I will however say that the campaign will be released ASAP!
"By the power of Zelas!"

Salamandre
Genie
Genie

Unread postby Salamandre » 04 Jul 2016, 11:34

Lovely!

MadMax
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby MadMax » 07 Jul 2016, 09:44

Salamandre wrote:Lovely!
Is it not? Two map maker joining in real life to make maps and drink beer!

Today I held a twitch stream playing HoMM3, Masters of Sighisoara 3 - Map 1, The Teleport Device.
Tommorow, my intention is to play map 2 and work in the editor too! :)
http://twitch.tv/jexxes

Will let you know on the facebook page when I know the exact time:
https://www.facebook.com/h3MoS/

Finished map 1 (Took me a good 5 months haha)

A good fight, many alike it will be found on the map!

Get ready for map 2!
"By the power of Zelas!"

overall
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby overall » 10 Jul 2016, 23:29

does that Sighisoara have any meaning?... im always been thought it's some place in Asia but google says its some town in Romania...
i remember playing some of these through years ago but i didn't much focus on storylines so i might miss it...

Yurian Stonebow
Archmage
Archmage

Unread postby Yurian Stonebow » 13 Jul 2016, 08:49

It has a meaning, that of being the main focus of the fictional world our campaign series takes place in. And yes, it's also a real world town in
Romania, a Unesco world heritage site, no less! :) The name came to us as a result of HoP's "googling around", which he has admitted several times.

-Yurian

Karmakeld
CH Staff
CH Staff

Unread postby Karmakeld » 13 Jul 2016, 12:19

Aha! So he actually admits it, eh.
I suspected him to be one of them googling folks..
I'm silent in seven languages - and I got all my familys fear.
Everytime you throw dirt, you loose a little ground

Return to “Heroes I-IV”