YOUR TOP TEN CUSTOM MADE MAPS THREAD........................

The old Heroes games developed by New World Computing. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
maygwan
Scout
Scout

YOUR TOP TEN CUSTOM MADE MAPS THREAD........................

Unread postby maygwan » 28 Jan 2009, 11:38

This is a thread for all users of forum to post there top ten custom made maps or campaigns.
RULES OF THREAD:-
1-all maps posted must be custom made.
2-Pick your top ten favorite's but you can only choose one campaign and 9 maps.
3-This thread is for homm3 maps-ROE,SOD,AB or Wog.
4-Try and include the author of the maps if you know who made them and the size.
5-A brief description can be added if you so choose also try and include which it is ie ROE,AB,WOG,SOD.

On with my top ten choices:-

1-Campaign Eternal Love-Author Hans C.(Probably the hardest and most challenging campaign i have ever played).
2-Prodigal-author cattleman-xl-ab(Just loved this map,challenging and well balanced,my fav single custom map).
3-Running with the Devil-author-Brian Krueper-large-sod(Funny,Challenging and well balanced)may offend some!
4-Vanadia's Ruler-author boon-xl-sod(remade from Stephane Smirnows map,great map and challenging to play).
5-Unleashing the bloodthirsty-author Andrew Tanzi-xl-ab(Great map and for advanced payers only,this one is tough).

So thats my top 5 custom maps and i will continue in a moment but i wanted to make a small comment. the maps i enjoy
are more battle orientated than story driven,i also enjoy a real challenge so these came out on top, now my next five are.

6-Mutare's Apprentice-yurian stonebow-large-ab(Yurians maps always offer a challenge they are balanced and detailed).
7-Tolkiens middle earth-yurian stonebow-xl-ab(Yurians maps always offer a challenge they are balanced and detailed).
8-The black hand-author Gregory L. Reeves-xl-ab(offered a lot of borders and quests but more importantly offered
a nice challenge).
9-The Nine Lakes-author-Per Bondegård-xl-sod(i enjoyed this one there was always something going on and you could
pick which faction from eight factions to play).
10-The lord of war-author-Daniela Stieh-xl-roe(Huge map very challenging thoroughly enjoyable).

Thats it they are my top ten homm3 maps so far i will finish with a few honourable mentions:-

Campaigns-The rise and fall of sandro-author bytebandit-various homm edditions 1-5

Maps-
Sanders folly-Timothy Duncan(great maps but too story driven for me).
gold heart-Timothy Duncan(great maps but too story driven for me).
Malagorn the Saviour-Jan Stephan Pontzen
The Pen and the Sword-cattleman
Fall and Rise of the Sharai-author-Gwhenwyfar

Favourite map makers:-
Scrowe
yurian stonebow
timothy duncan
cattleman
Gregory L. Reeves
Artas1984
Andrew Tanzi
Brian Krueper