4 New maps all have now been play tested no errors..

The old Heroes games developed by New World Computing. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
maygwan
Scout
Scout

4 New maps all have now been play tested no errors..

Unread postby maygwan » 19 Nov 2008, 15:50

Hello i have now finished 4 maps and playtested all of them. all errors have been fixed and i have completed all maps. each zip file has info regarding map.
the first map is a re worked version of barbarian breakout with a few additions.
link below
http://www.uploadfilego.com/file/363/Ba ... 2-zip.html

The second map is also a re worked version of dragons pass only it has undergone massive changes. title-mutare's return
http://www.uploadfilego.com/file/490/-s-Return-zip.html
yurian also takes some credit on this map

The third map is a full none errored crag hack map i have just completed the map and it was difficult so only experienced players for this map.
my email is maygwan@yahoo.com you can email me for spoilers or help and guidance on the following map. title-a barbarians story.
http://www.uploadfilego.com/file/458/-s-Story-zip.html

The final map is a version i worked on 6 months ago i have had numerous members play and complete all said no errors.
I would also like to thank yurian stonebow for the additions to the map when it was released it was version 1.0 it is now version 1.5 with changes,
balancing ect aswell as new events,story and so on.
Although the map is my work yurian should atleast take 50% of the credit has he too did a lot of work on it. title The dragons heart.
http://www.uploadfilego.com/file/438/Th ... t-zip.html

thats it for now i do have a 5th map which i am still waiting on map testers
to fill me in on what errors,kinks need fixing on it.
i am still looking for a map tester to play it and give me there opinion.
link below to this map. title against the crown v0.9
http://www.uploadfilego.com/file/459/Ag ... n-zip.html
would appreciate some feedback on the map so i can finish it.

thanx guys n gals
simon
Last edited by maygwan on 21 Nov 2008, 23:58, edited 2 times in total.

Yurian Stonebow
Archmage
Archmage

Unread postby Yurian Stonebow » 19 Nov 2008, 20:18

Thanks for the credit, maygwan. It was great fun working with you. Thumbs up for "The Dragon's Heart". Let's hope folks here will download the map in great numbers. All we have to do now is wait for the "CH version" to arrive.

Speaking of your new maps... check your Yahoo mail and you'll see a note from me. :)

WBR,

Yurian
Don't worry if things are going badly today. They will be much worse tomorrow.

maygwan
Scout
Scout

Unread postby maygwan » 20 Nov 2008, 10:04

dragons heart is a great map so i have no doubts people will play it.
it's also been sent to ch aswell as the updated version of Mutare's return so hopefully both should find there way into ch map archives maybe front page soon.

thanx for your help on those two maps yurian.
u know i had an idea if people like you me byte pol artas1984 and a few other map makers got together we could make a huge campaign in a small amount of time.
basically each person would be responsible for 1 map with the others looking over and testing each of the maps aswell as fixing. we could be given a timeframe to complete map and also would be given relative information on what part of the campaign the map was that you are doing.

i saw a thread somewhere asking how long it takes to make a map some said a few hours some said 6 months plus. i have no clue why a map would take 6 months to make. a campaign yes but not 1 map,on the other hand the beauty of mapmaking is we all have a good and bad points.
for me i lack a certain amount of detail in my maps but my maps are still nice looking and playable just i leave out certain eye candy so to speak.
my second bad point is my grammer i was never good at that.
on a plus side my speed to knock up a story or quest is fast not to mention i could easily make playable maps in 5hrs that have a relatively good story,many quests and a relatively nice looking map(detail).

and theres me babling on as usual lol
ok thanx
simon

Artas1984
Assassin
Assassin

Unread postby Artas1984 » 20 Nov 2008, 13:36

These maps look great, maby too "overloaded" with "things" for my taste, but for campaigns they look rich and crafted. I hardly have the mood to play any Heroes map at all, i basicly am focused just to make them and 2 XL size maps per year is good for me..
I think people who can make great maps (the minority however), should spare their time and do what they can do best - make them, not play.
People who don't have the skill to make a well crafted maps, should not even promote their idea to make them. This is how people should save their time focusing on other things like real world B-) ;)

maygwan
Scout
Scout

Unread postby maygwan » 20 Nov 2008, 15:33

I do play maps artas when i get time most give me an idea of a map to do. my problem is i own every games console and also alot of the retro consoles.
so any spare time i do get i play on these too aswell as making maps for homm3. i have a massive collection of games mainly strategic or rpg games.

i only keep a few games on my pc which i play.
homm1-2-3 (i hated 4 and 5)
sid miers civilization 1-4 and pirates
warlords 1-2 the old dos games
sword of aragon(one of my favourite dos games the graphics are terrible but the game itself and the strategic value makes up for it).
americas army and wolfenstein et the only online games i play and the only shoot em ups so to speak.

Has for rpg's i have almost every rpg ever released i think from early zelda's and panzer dragoon saga on the saturn,aswell as shining force and phantasy star on megadrive to the latest final fantasies and remakes on my psp.

another of my favourite games is a game called archon on the com64 it's a trilogy and was only released on the 1541 disc drive i paid £100 on ebay for a console a 1541 drive and those 3 games lol.

there i go babling again ...sigh..

Corbon
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Corbon » 20 Nov 2008, 16:11

Maybe next time you provide a screenshot of a map and put it in the ZIP folder, you should save it as .jpeg or something before. 2.4 MB pics are uncool :P

Yurian Stonebow
Archmage
Archmage

Unread postby Yurian Stonebow » 21 Nov 2008, 14:22

@maygwan

"thanx for your help on those two maps yurian.
u know i had an idea if people like you me byte pol artas1984 and a few other map makers got together we could make a huge campaign in a small amount of time. basically each person would be responsible for 1 map with the others looking over and testing each of the maps aswell as fixing. we could be given a timeframe to complete map and also would be given relative information on what part of the campaign the map was that you are doing."

Anytime maygwan, anytime. I saw that your maps had good potential and that's why I decided to help you along the way. As you've said yourself, grammary isn't your strongest field nor making extra fancy map graphics, so I thought that A Little Help From your Friend wouldn't hurt. ;)
As for team consisting of the RT members you mentioned in your previous post, well I think that we have different map making styles and habits so that particular team would be against the odds. ByteBandit, Pol and Artas1984 are all quite knowledgeable in Heroes III but use different styles and have different ideas and perspective in H3 map making. But it never hurts to ask them.

I have toyed with the idea of creating an epic campaign of 8 maps for H3:SoD titled "Codename: Operation Barbarossa", based on real events in history. It is a political gamble for me and not without controversy so I have not pursued the idea that much. But still, it's there in my mind.

"i saw a thread somewhere asking how long it takes to make a map some said a few hours some said 6 months plus. i have no clue why a map would take 6 months to make. a campaign yes but not 1 map,on the other hand the beauty of mapmaking is we all have a good and bad points."

I have made many L and XL maps for Heroes III and so far they've all been huge projects taking each from 8 to 15 months to create. But that is mainly because of my perfectionism. I do not claim making a single map should generally take so long. These are my odd habits, I guess. If I were to create a full campaign by myself, we'd be looking into a time window of 2 to 3 years.

Please check your yahoo mail. I sent yet another update for your "Mutare's Return". This time it was a more strict look into inter-faction balance and some CPU starting Heroes and artefacts stuff, too.
You will see a detailed report there with an updated ReadMe.

Yurian
Don't worry if things are going badly today. They will be much worse tomorrow.

maygwan
Scout
Scout

Unread postby maygwan » 21 Nov 2008, 23:52

just replied back mate i havent had too much time to look over mutares return due to an idea in my head to make a map with a huge story involving mutare where she undergoes a huge quest to find out why the dragon lords are being pushed from erathia. this also includes saving her loved one, facing betrayal and seeking revenge. i have spent 40 hrs on the map so far and i am almost in the play testing stages.

my main concern now is to make sure the ai does what it is meant to do and if mutare has enough dragon support early on to complete the quests and save the dragon lords while also taking revenge on the enemy.

not to mention i need to test if jeddite can hold the last castle long enough for mutare to capture her first castle.

and then theres the numerous quests she has to complete and the huge amount of mirrors and quest gates to get through..

and finally the final two battles against two insanely powerful foes.

i have sent you the map to play test yurian and hopefully i will get time this weekend to run a few tests of my own.

Return to “Heroes I-IV”