Graphics mod for Heroes III to turn into Heroes II Graphics?

The old Heroes games developed by New World Computing. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
tellville
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Graphics mod for Heroes III to turn into Heroes II Graphics?

Unread postby tellville » 22 Sep 2008, 21:49

Is there a graphics mod for Heroes III that turns the graphics into Heroes II graphics?

I'm asking because I really dislike the Heroes III graphics but I find the Heroes II graphics awesome. Even more so then Heroes V! I don't know why - I guess beauty is the eye of the beholder!

Kristo
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Kristo » 22 Sep 2008, 23:06

There's a cheat code that enables a much brighter color scheme. It varies by which version you have. See this page on the CH site.
Peace. Love. Penguin.

Artas1984
Assassin
Assassin

Unread postby Artas1984 » 23 Sep 2008, 09:06

Who would want to do that? :| Heroes II had awesome graphics, but Heroes III still has the best looking, imo better than Heroes 5 to me.

Variol
Wraith
Wraith

Unread postby Variol » 24 Sep 2008, 11:40

Are there any cheats for WOG as well?

Corbon
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Corbon » 24 Sep 2008, 12:46

Sorta off-topic question but here you go.

http://www.cheatchannel.com/files/heroes3wog.htm

Darmani
Blood Fury
Blood Fury

Unread postby Darmani » 24 Sep 2008, 20:44

Artas1984 wrote:Who would want to do that? :| Heroes II had awesome graphics, but Heroes III still has the best looking, imo better than Heroes 5 to me.
I'm not so sure. A lot of people seem to think the HIII graphics look pretty washed-out. Look at comments in the creature evolution threads.

Besides, they're very much different styles -- HII aims for a charming/cartoonish look, while HIII strives to be more realistic. There are different preferences in style.

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Re: Graphics mod for Heroes III to turn into Heroes II Graph

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 26 Sep 2008, 19:26

tellville wrote: I'm asking because I really dislike the Heroes III graphics but I find the Heroes II graphics awesome. Even more so then Heroes V! I don't know why - I guess beauty is the eye of the beholder!
Because you actually have taste instead of "ZOMG, it's 3D and/or has more pixels!?"
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

Return to “Heroes I-IV”