What is the easiest campaign in Heroes IV?

The old Heroes games developed by New World Computing. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
Metathron
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Metathron » 17 Feb 2006, 23:18

I'd say the Might and Death campaigns are on the more difficult sides. The easier ones are Nature and Life.

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 17 Feb 2006, 23:50

Yes difficulty level is of great importance in the begining maps.I remember that in second map of life,on champion,I needed about two months in order to pass the first quest gate.Later,I got sanctuary and it became a lot easier.And after that,divine intervention made it pretty simple.

And about creatures I usually use them just as end fights in campaign.

I managed to max out my heroes(level 70)in draconic.

cherko
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby cherko » 18 Feb 2006, 11:57

Easiest campaign - Life. And the barbarian campaigns, totally über-easy after you beat the first map. Same goes for all of the tGS campaigns. Only the first map is difficult, except for Bobh the Archmage, his campaign is really difficult because you don't have combat OR any real opportunity to max out any magic except Nature.

A tip for noobs, Combat skills are IMBA. GM Combat + GM Melee + Potions of Immortality = killing machine in 9 cases of 10.

gravyluvr
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby gravyluvr » 20 Feb 2006, 06:14

cherko wrote:Easiest campaign - Life. And the barbarian campaigns, totally über-easy after you beat the first map. Same goes for all of the tGS campaigns. Only the first map is difficult, except for Bobh the Archmage, his campaign is really difficult because you don't have combat OR any real opportunity to max out any magic except Nature.

A tip for noobs, Combat skills are IMBA. GM Combat + GM Melee + Potions of Immortality = killing machine in 9 cases of 10.
Just finished the Bohb campaign and I had both Nature and Order GM, but I played the game with Order and Nature as my chosen skills. Everytime Order cam up (other than Charm) I took it. Hypnotize and Blind were just too good to pass up. But I ended up using Anti-Magic, Summon Phoenix, Wasport, and FDragon a lot.
=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
If I were a flower, I'd be a really big flame-throwing flower with five heads.

Banedon
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Banedon » 27 Feb 2006, 03:54

csarmi - I'll tell you why it is starkly impossible to win with Mongo without either a sizable force, or without very many hit-and-runs. Outside Rylos there is a garrison where there's stationed (if my memory does not fail me) about 100 Catapults, backed by a GM Tactician with a Robe of the Guardian and a Bow of the Elf King. See?

I would continue to argue regarding the words "every" and "never" and so on, but in this case I will not.

csarmi
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby csarmi » 27 Feb 2006, 07:07

Is that army able to kill you twice per round? Cause if not, all you do is wait till catapults are out of shots.

Banedon
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Banedon » 27 Feb 2006, 07:57

We should say the Catapults kill you with each shot, and they shoot twice a round.

csarmi
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby csarmi » 27 Feb 2006, 09:17

Banedon wrote:We should say the Catapults kill you with each shot, and they shoot twice a round.
Shoot twice a round? What for?

wimfrits
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby wimfrits » 27 Feb 2006, 09:51

csarmi wrote:Shoot twice a round? What for?
Bow of the Elf King.

I'm pretty sure I won that fight without creatures though. If I recall correctly positioning Mongo somewhere where the catapults did less damage allowed him to survive 2 shots, possibly with 1 or 2 buffs. Then all you need to do is hope the champions don't come out.
Are you suggesting coconuts migrate?

Elwin
Peasant
Peasant

Some one said something about Draconic....

Unread postby Elwin » 01 Sep 2006, 16:58

Yeah, Draconic is the map where you get heroes who could take on 300+ Black Dragons all by himself, I never felt the glory of heroes until that and the life campaign. The fourth scenario I had about 40 Champions at the end, though blue was soo annoying, also because sir lysander had no magic he had trouble deeating Sir Worton. The Might and Chaos campaign are hardest, Might makes you start off with a weak party and playing champion just makes it impossible, while Chaos is just plain annoying with the swamp terrain and all those enemies, not to mention lots of sea sailing and the size of the maps are like, large. The Gathering Storm maps were pretty annoying, while WOW kept me busy for a while, I had to cheat the second Death campaign scenario, because I couldn't find a way to complete it even after defeating everyone else, and for the LAST BASTION I chose Mysterio as my conquerer....pretty fun overall. Easiest campaigns are Price of Peace and Elwin and Shaera, Half-Dead had a great story, but it was very hard.
In the diameter of the Universe, we are but a single flame. To say that we're insignificant is to give us....too little credit. But if the universe chooses you to be part of its plans, then you better let go because it makes it more fun when you don't know what's about to happen next!

Caius
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Caius » 24 Jan 2007, 00:33

Hi all,
Thanks everyone for your help so far. I figured I'd use this thread instead of starting a new one, since some advice on specific campaigns has been given here. I finished the life, nature, order, and might campaigns. I'm getting stuck on the third map of the death campaign.

This is the one where you have to tag the points of power. I guess where I'm getting stuck, is there are very few mines/resources in this map. Near the starting town there's a portal exit, and in the center there are two garrisons leading to the two other colors. Because of the lack of resources, I'm not being successful building up an army capable of taking on the AI towns. My main hero is GM death across the board and basic life magis, that's it--so he's not really doing it on his own, either. Any tips for this map will be appreciated!

Caius

edit: liberal use of the hand of death spell got me through it...even though I think using that spell is a little of a cop-out :ill:

gravyluvr
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby gravyluvr » 19 Feb 2007, 05:05

BUMP

Death campaign I haven't played for a long time... Maybe someone else can help???
=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
If I were a flower, I'd be a really big flame-throwing flower with five heads.

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 19 Feb 2007, 07:20

gravyluvr wrote: Death campaign I haven't played for a long time... Maybe someone else can help???
Didn't he just say he finished it? Anyhow... GM Combat is always a good ideea.
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

Slayer of Cliffracers
Hunter
Hunter

Unread postby Slayer of Cliffracers » 25 Feb 2007, 18:29

So far I've found the Death Campaign hardest.
Working on tracking the locations of Heroes IV battles. Stage 6 of campaign map finished, all initial Heroes IV campaigns mapped.

http://www.celestialheavens.com/forums/ ... hp?t=11973

Lunar
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Lunar » 27 Feb 2007, 18:27

In Homm4 original - True Blade was the easiest (what doesn't mean easy! :) ).
In TGS - Gathering Storm campaign (sixth), five powerfull heroes... pwn ^^
WoW - First campaigns with Chaos army ^^

Gaidal Cain
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Gaidal Cain » 27 Feb 2007, 18:44

Lunar wrote:In Homm4 original - True Blade was the easiest (what doesn't mean easy! :) ).
I don't know; I think a case could be made for Academy, as the infamous second map of the Haven campaign has stopped quite a few would-be heroes.
You don't want to make enemies in Nuclear Engineering. -- T. Pratchett

Omega_Destroyer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Omega_Destroyer » 27 Feb 2007, 19:29

Haven was the easiest for me. I found Chaos to be the toughest mainly because I always got stuck on the 3rd map because of an annoying computer who constantly tried to take my castles.
And the chickens. Those damn chickens.

Metathron
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Metathron » 27 Feb 2007, 19:34

I agree that the Emilia Nighthaven campaign (Order) is the easiest out of all of them, even on impossible, whereas most of the other campaigns will pose quite a challenge on that difficulty.

In WoW, the Spazz Maticcus campaign (Chaos) is the easiest (again, speaking of the impossible difficulty level).

TGS, Bohb's or Agraynel's campaign may be the easiest ones, whereas the might campaign might be pretty tough to plod through in the beginning because of larger neutral stacks.
Jesus saves, Allah forgives, Cthulhu thinks you'd make a nice sandwich.

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 27 Feb 2007, 20:07

Omega_Destroyer wrote:I found Chaos to be the toughest mainly because I always got stuck on the 3rd map because of an annoying computer who constantly tried to take my castles.
For me the 1st map was the most trouble, had to play it on easy to pass it. The annoying part was that i couldn't change the difficulty for the rest of the maps, so they were way too easy.
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

Metathron
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Metathron » 27 Feb 2007, 21:01

I think the first map of almost any campaign tends to be the toughest, since your hero is pretty weak and un(der)developed, and especially if the enemy has a sizable force at his disposal. I love the Tawni campaign so recently I decided to replay it on hard, but gave up on the first map, because the barbarian player was just too strong, despite my having built the dragon cave. Yikes! :S

P.S.: Most of the walkthroughs for the HoMM IV expansion campaigns are missing from the site. We really should put them together some day.
Jesus saves, Allah forgives, Cthulhu thinks you'd make a nice sandwich.

Return to “Heroes I-IV”