Heroes IV Registry Problem...Help??

The old Heroes games developed by New World Computing. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
nyte_rogue
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Heroes IV Registry Problem...Help??

Unread postby nyte_rogue » 09 Feb 2006, 05:12

I just replaced my copy of Heroes IV (Bought at Circuit City so it should be fine) and downloaded it. Problem is when I try to install GS...it says I have to install HIV first...which I did. :mad: I tried downloading the patches but they also won't work. I get a warning that says "Missing or Invalid Registry/INI entry" Has anyone else experienced this or know how to fix it?

Thanks!!! :)

I did find out one thing by reading another forum thread...This copy of H4 was released by Ubisoft and my GS released by 3DO. Does that additional info help??? (Cause it doesn't help me at all...lol)

infael
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby infael » 09 Feb 2006, 14:46

I'd uninstall everything Heroes 4 and start again with H4 then install GS.

nyte_rogue
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby nyte_rogue » 10 Feb 2006, 09:32

I appreciate the advice but I've already tried that numerous times...*sigh* I sent an email to Ubisoft Customer Support explaining the problem so maybe they can help me.

Thanks again!!! :D

nyte_rogue
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby nyte_rogue » 11 Feb 2006, 08:49

I got a reply from Ubisoft today explaining that their released version of H4 was not compatible with the original expansion packs or the patches. (Wonder why they would do that?????) So, anyway, it seems that I'm just stuck with what I've got.

Thanks again everyone!

Return to “Heroes I-IV”