HoMMIV: Summoning Skills

The old Heroes games developed by New World Computing. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
Wrathchilde
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

HoMMIV: Summoning Skills

Unread postby Wrathchilde » 15 Jul 2008, 13:27

This is probably a stupid question, but do I have to do anything to make the daily summoning work, i.e. the skills where you can get x XP of monsters added to your army daily? Or are they automatically added to my army with no action required on my part?

Angelspit
CH Founder
CH Founder

Unread postby Angelspit » 15 Jul 2008, 13:44

If I remember correctly (and I probably don't!), you don't have to do anything. If your army slots are full, the experience adds up until a slot is available.

Wrathchilde
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Wrathchilde » 15 Jul 2008, 13:50

That might explain why I saw a few Leprechauns added to a hero, with no knowledge of where they had come from. Is it also safe to assume that if you already have a stack with the appropriate creature, it will be added to that stack?

Angelspit
CH Founder
CH Founder

Unread postby Angelspit » 15 Jul 2008, 13:58

Yes and no. If you fill all your remaining slots with sprites, you will summon such creatures. However, if you leave a slot empty, you might end up with leprechauns (which are useless).

Wrathchilde
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Wrathchilde » 15 Jul 2008, 14:15

You can be sure that those leprechauns are going to become cannon fodder real quick.

Tress
Succubus
Succubus

Unread postby Tress » 15 Jul 2008, 20:45

summoning happens automatically. Also note that even if summoning points arnt used up in a day they get acumulated and you get to use them in the next day. Also if I am not mistakening equilibris mod allows to control what creatures you want to call forth(havnt tested myself)

Milla aka. the Slayer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Milla aka. the Slayer » 15 Jul 2008, 21:58

Seconded. I was confused at first too. But it doesn't require anything from you. Except basic summoning :)
This minor magical charm captures the viewer's attention and distra... ooo, pretty...
- Dragon Age Origins

Paulus1
Archlich
Archlich

Unread postby Paulus1 » 15 Jul 2008, 22:29

Angelspit wrote:However, if you leave a slot empty, you might end up with leprechauns (which are useless).
I don't agree with that. Though I prefer to summon them with spell instead of the skill based summoning, they are quite useful in early combat due to the luck spell - and eating retaliation.

SoRHunter
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby SoRHunter » 16 Jul 2008, 10:00

The creatures you get to summon depend on your summoning skill - the higher it goes, the better the summons.

If you have empty slots in your army, there is a random chance you summon a creature to occupy it. If you have all the creatures you can summon (e.g., with basic summoning you have sprites, wolves and leprechauns or you don't have a free slot) you an increase in one of those stacks. This way, you can "choose" what creature you summon, provided you split the stacks to fill all the empty spaces and have only that one type of creature in your army that you can summon (e.g. you wish to summon wolves and have basic summoning. Do not get neither sprites nor leprechauns and fill all your army's empty slots. Thi way, you will summon wolves).

In Equilibris, you can choose what creature to summon. Select the hero who has the summoning skill and press Alt + E, then choose Summoning and, finally, what it is you want to summon. This way, you can even see how many creatures you will summon the next day (as it is partly based on experience, some times you get an additional creature because you fill all the hit points you need - i.e., the remaining points are not discarded).

Milla aka. the Slayer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Milla aka. the Slayer » 16 Jul 2008, 10:14

Heeey, I didn't know that. Cool :)
This minor magical charm captures the viewer's attention and distra... ooo, pretty...
- Dragon Age Origins

Wrathchilde
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Wrathchilde » 16 Jul 2008, 12:51

What is Equilibris?

Tress
Succubus
Succubus

Unread postby Tress » 16 Jul 2008, 14:13

Wrathchilde
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Wrathchilde » 16 Jul 2008, 14:47

Very cool. Just to clarify, if I install the mod will I be able to play the original maps and campaigns with the enhancements of the mod? Now this game just needs a RMG that doesn't require player tweaking.

HodgePodge
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby HodgePodge » 18 Jul 2008, 05:13

Wrathchilde wrote:
Very cool. Just to clarify, if I install the mod will I be able to play the original maps and campaigns with the enhancements of the mod? Now this game just needs a RMG that doesn't require player tweaking.
Yes, Equilibris installs as a separate .exe you can play either the original game or the Equilibris mod. Note however, if a map is designated as an Equilibris map or edited in the Equilibris Map Editor, it won't be playable in the original game and could cause a crash. But not to worry, once you play Equilibris, it's kinda hard to go back to the original game. You can play all the in-game campaigns with Equilibris too. :)
Walk Softly & Respect All Life!

Click Here: Lords of War and Money … A Free & Fun Browser Game.

Return to “Heroes I-IV”