ROFL@THIS

The old Heroes games developed by New World Computing. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
maygwan
Scout
Scout

ROFL@THIS

Unread postby maygwan » 27 Jun 2008, 12:26

I am making a new pirate map loosely based on sid miers pirates and i'm almost finished so i decide to test the map...I am on month6 and i do a summon boat. I notice that the boat gets summoned from the computer player and leaves his hero stranded next to the whirlpool. Has anyone had this happen to them. A screenshot of it is below
http://www.mediafire.com/imageview.php? ... pm&thumb=4

UndeadHalfOrc
Cyber Zombie
Cyber Zombie

Unread postby UndeadHalfOrc » 27 Jun 2008, 13:31

You mean that this teal hero was on a boat and your summon spell stole the boat while his hero was still sailing it??

No, that never happened to me.

maygwan
Scout
Scout

Unread postby maygwan » 27 Jun 2008, 14:10

UndeadHalfOrc wrote:You mean that this teal hero was on a boat and your summon spell stole the boat while his hero was still sailing it??

No, that never happened to me.
Exactly thats what just happened the summon boat took away his boat and left him stranded????

darknessfood
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby darknessfood » 27 Jun 2008, 14:11

Well, that looks like you PWNED him! :lol:
You can either agree with me, or be wrong...

ByteBandit
Archangel
Archangel

Unread postby ByteBandit » 27 Jun 2008, 15:21

Nope. That's never happened to me. First time I've ever heard of it happening. You learn something new everyday. Wow!

BigThingWithHolesInIt
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby BigThingWithHolesInIt » 27 Jun 2008, 15:33

Hehehe... bizarre.

Btw will the Admiral's Hat be available on this map? :D

maygwan
Scout
Scout

Unread postby maygwan » 27 Jun 2008, 16:04

BigThingWithHolesInIt wrote:Hehehe... bizarre.

this map is large with underground it's all water based so there are actually a few admirals hats on the map. There a lot of ocean to cover lots of treasure to find. i was on 6 months and hadn't even got to the underground yet. Theres plenty of cat and mouse which is what i wanted to achieve ie lots of losing towns and retaking them.
It's almost complete i had a few problems with black beard he would do a few things then just stop dead still for 2 month i couldn't work out why. I have found a solution now so all i can say is once i do have it finished in few days watch out for black beard his a tool.
Below are 2 screen shots of the map you can see in the top right corner on each screen shot what the map will look like. And as i said its a whole lot of ocean.
http://www.mediafire.com/imageview.php? ... t5&thumb=4
http://www.mediafire.com/imageview.php? ... tz&thumb=4
once i have finished the single player i will do an allies version and a 7 player multi player version

Pol
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Pol » 27 Jun 2008, 17:06

Yes, that happened to me. I assume that possible explanation for this is, that being in whirpool is not counted like full-fleged sailing (in other words being on water.)

It has never happened me out of whirlpool.
"We made it!"
The Archives | Collection of H3&WoG files | Older albeit still useful | CH Downloads
PC Specs: A10-7850K, FM2A88X+K, 16GB-1600, SSD-MLC-G3, 1TB-HDD-G3, MAYA44, SP10 500W Be Quiet

BigThingWithHolesInIt
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby BigThingWithHolesInIt » 27 Jun 2008, 19:26

maygwan wrote:
BigThingWithHolesInIt wrote:Hehehe... bizarre.

this map is large with underground it's all water based so there are actually a few admirals hats on the map. There a lot of ocean to cover lots of treasure to find. i was on 6 months and hadn't even got to the underground yet. Theres plenty of cat and mouse which is what i wanted to achieve ie lots of losing towns and retaking them.
It's almost complete i had a few problems with black beard he would do a few things then just stop dead still for 2 month i couldn't work out why. I have found a solution now so all i can say is once i do have it finished in few days watch out for black beard his a tool.
Below are 2 screen shots of the map you can see in the top right corner on each screen shot what the map will look like. And as i said its a whole lot of ocean.
http://www.mediafire.com/imageview.php? ... t5&thumb=4
http://www.mediafire.com/imageview.php? ... tz&thumb=4
once i have finished the single player i will do an allies version and a 7 player multi player version
Seems really cool. Btw I downloaded that other map you posted a week or so ago but I haven't gotten around to playing it yet.

I hope it was clear that I didn't mean the Sea Captain's hat, but the combination artifact from the Sea Captain's hat and Necklace of Ocean Guidance, the Admiral's hat, which allows you to enter and leave ships without ending your turn.

maygwan
Scout
Scout

Unread postby maygwan » 27 Jun 2008, 19:59

I hope it was clear that I didn't mean the Sea Captain's hat, but the combination artifact from the Sea Captain's hat and Necklace of Ocean Guidance, the Admiral's hat, which allows you to enter and leave ships without ending your turn.[/quote]

there are border guards that you will need to defeat guardians. Those border guards will allow players to get a necklace other guards will allow for the sea captains hat which of course you can equip both to get admirals hat.. There are also monsters and seers where you can obtain these from..don't want to add to many spoilers but there's enough of both sea captains hats and necklace for 5-6 players to make the admirals hat. Or 1 greedy player to get 1 on each of his heroes. speed will be of the essence early on. As with any homm game you play on impossible mode speed early on is important. there are quite a few resources early on but they go quickly thats when it gets hard as you then fight for the mines.

quote-Seems really cool. Btw I downloaded that other map you posted a week or so ago but I haven't gotten around to playing it yet.

thats my first map its unfinished but it can be played and completed i am just waiting for ch to contact me on any flaws which i will fix and then release full version..

i have a lot of ideas in my head for new maps but with so many maps already out there and from some great mapmakers like byte or yurian its difficult to come up with somethin not already done.

I was working on a 8 map campaign based on king arthur but i couldnt get it to work, i wanted to have it so the hero aka arthur's skills and xp carried over but everytime i tried all his heroes came with him. Thats on the backburner for now until i figure out the campaign maker.
Last edited by maygwan on 27 Jun 2008, 20:05, edited 1 time in total.

BigThingWithHolesInIt
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby BigThingWithHolesInIt » 27 Jun 2008, 20:02

Well, when it's done I'll be glad to give it a try.

Return to “Heroes I-IV”