Recommend me some maps (H3, H4)

The old Heroes games developed by New World Computing. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
Rymbeld
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Recommend me some maps (H3, H4)

Unread postby Rymbeld » 16 Jun 2008, 08:14

I just ordered HoMM3 & 4 Complete! I've been playing just RoE for all these years, so I'm excited to see the expansions and then H4. And I'm excited about all the maps I'll have access to!

But...there are 355 H3 and 231 H4 maps here and a ton at Map Haven (but can you still download the maps there? I remember getting tons of RoE maps from there back in the day...)

That's a lot of maps, and I don't think I'd be able to devote the time to sorting through them and trying them all out (and it seems that I can't sort the maps here by Rating. That would be helpful.) Could anyone recommend some outstanding He and H4 maps? --I enjoy RPG/story maps most.

wimfrits
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby wimfrits » 16 Jun 2008, 10:33

You could check out Psychobabble's Picks for some fine H4 maps. And the CH campaign page is a good place to find great (RPG) campaigns
Are you suggesting coconuts migrate?

maygwan
Scout
Scout

Unread postby maygwan » 27 Jun 2008, 23:02

Search maps by designer Yurian stonebow and bytebandit have some very good custom maps just enter there names in the search..

My recommendations are:-homm3
Mutare's Apprentice
Tolkiens middle earth
both by yurian

Also Sandro awaits which is new from bytebandit

For campaigns then Eternal love gets my vote
also a good custom campaign is The legacy of qun jin

other top homm3 maps:-
Dark Atlantis
Fire & Ice
Goldheart

ByteBandit
Archangel
Archangel

Unread postby ByteBandit » 28 Jun 2008, 00:40

If you would like to have a choice of, say, 3000 H3 Maps and Campaigns go Here
Scroll to the bottom and it will take you to the H3 Map Archives. There are 10 group sites with around 300 maps each. It's a group site, so you'll have to register to get in each one. It's no big deal. It's free. :)

Pol
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Pol » 29 Jun 2008, 07:28

I would recommend Seven mutation (cough, cough - mutated by me). Here. Seven was 3DO Armageddon Blade map only. - It's story driven, epic and feature huge armies and labyrinths. So it can really stress your orientation skills. :D
"We made it!"
The Archives | Collection of H3&WoG files | Older albeit still useful | CH Downloads
PC Specs: A10-7850K, FM2A88X+K, 16GB-1600, SSD-MLC-G3, 1TB-HDD-G3, MAYA44, SP10 500W Be Quiet

ByteBandit
Archangel
Archangel

Unread postby ByteBandit » 02 Jul 2008, 06:01

No. It's not shameless to specify this map, Pol. :lolu: Really, though, it is a good map.

Yurian Stonebow
Archmage
Archmage

Unread postby Yurian Stonebow » 09 Jul 2008, 13:06

If you're looking for quality singleplayer maps for Heroes IV then search maps by Sarvi. His singleplayer maps for Heroes IV are considered to be amongst the finest fan made maps currently in the CH's map database.

As for Heroes III and multiplayer maps, download works by Artas1984. His maps are what could be described as "true" multiplayer maps, opposed to maps that are multiplayer in name only.

Yurian
Don't worry if things are going badly today. They will be much worse tomorrow.

Zubbus
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Zubbus » 03 Aug 2008, 06:59

What's RoE?

JackintheMox
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby JackintheMox » 03 Aug 2008, 11:26

Zubbus wrote:What's RoE?
Restoration of Erathia, Heroes III without SoD (Shadows of Death) or AB (Armageddon's Blade)

Return to “Heroes I-IV”