Winds of War - Party Crashers - what was your strategy

The old Heroes games developed by New World Computing. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
mrPassenger
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Winds of War - Party Crashers - what was your strategy

Unread postby mrPassenger » 11 Jun 2008, 16:11

Hi everyone,
I was having problems with this scenario this week.
To refresh your memory - you start with a barbarian hero (developed from previous 2 scenarios) and barbarian town, but more importantly you have a beast pen (produces 'gargantuans' I think) - with these beasts and a well developed hero - almost all battles are easily one with your hero and just 2 of these beasts.

However, interacting with the opponent gets harder.
Basically, one of the opposing heroes shows up early with many knights and catapults and I am unable to defeat him. Likewise - if I let him run rampant and went to take another town- it was defended too well for my small force.
Even stocked up on potions of immortality didn't help - because I was being killed twice a turn (before getting to take a new potion).

In the end I won by avoiding everyone - and catching the AI with its pants down (the target town I needed to control for the win was undefended). However, this didn't give me a chance to build up this hero - in the chance that I want to use him for the last campaign.

I'm curious if anyone remembers this scenario - and what their strategies were?
Thanks,
-mrPasssenger

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 12 Jun 2008, 11:09

Mine was moving on to a better game... H4 had awful expansions... (ok, i got bored in the Wizard/Order WoW campaign, but same thing).

But i believe i did the whole hit-and-run thing... you attack with your hero, hopefully you go first... kill some stuff, take a hit (immortality potion is important), the retreat to town... repeat until the enemy is dead...
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

Return to “Heroes I-IV”