Heroes 3: Favorite Knight

The old Heroes games developed by New World Computing. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.

Favorite Knight in Heroes 3

Christian
14%
Edric
No votes
Orrin
23%
Lord Haart
5%
Sorsha
16%
Sylvia
2%
Tyris
14%
Valeska
7%
Sir Mullich
19%

Total votes: 43

UndeadHalfOrc
Cyber Zombie
Cyber Zombie

Heroes 3: Favorite Knight

Unread postby UndeadHalfOrc » 22 May 2008, 15:47

This one will be the only one with 9 heroes, the rest will have 8, because I want to stick to normal, multiplayer, standard, default, non-campaign heroes.

(Lord Haart is by default only enabled in ROE maps, but I know a way to enable Lord Haart (RoE) to be selectable, in AB and SOD maps, if you disable Mullich. That's what I did for all my SOD/AB maps)

By the way, was I the only one disappointed that no Knights from Heroes 2 reappeared in Heroes 3? (Look at: Gem, Sandro, Crag Hack, Alamar, Halon). Only Maximus ever reappeared in the M&M storyline, and that was in MM7 as one of the evil advisors.

ImageImage

ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Last edited by UndeadHalfOrc on 05 Apr 2009, 15:21, edited 2 times in total.

jim strom
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby jim strom » 22 May 2008, 18:58

Actually, so did Lord Haart make a comeback from Heroes 1, and technically he was in heroes 2 to, in the Campaign, altough he did have the face of Sir Gallant.

theLuckyDragon
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby theLuckyDragon » 22 May 2008, 20:37

I have a weakness for Christian. Even though his starting skill isn't all that grand, he's the first hero I've ever played with (RoE, Long Live the Queen, Scenario 1 :))
"Not all those who wander are lost." -- JRRT

Banedon
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Banedon » 23 May 2008, 03:09

Vote Valeska. Sir Mullich is imbalanced and so I won't vote for him.

By far the most powerful beginning hero for Castle in my opinion (even better than Sir Mullich, but only in the beginning), can potentially triple your Marksmen stack for the first week. And since I typically play for the strongest possible game, Valeska is the obvious choice.
I'm a hypocrite because I suggested that all life is sacred and should not be wasted without good reason.

UndeadHalfOrc
Cyber Zombie
Cyber Zombie

Unread postby UndeadHalfOrc » 23 May 2008, 03:14

Orrin will eventually surpass Valeska, though...
At level 20, his Archery bonus will be 100%... Ouch!

enk
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby enk » 23 May 2008, 05:34

I picked Orrin. Archery is cool, better than marksmen speciality if you get reinforcements from other towns, prolly better later game anyway with bonus to both marksmen and monks. But, in the long run, it must his mustache that wins this one! Just look at them, must be the best in the game! I challenge thee to find better ones.

Mullich... blergh

BigThingWithHolesInIt
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby BigThingWithHolesInIt » 23 May 2008, 09:28

I've always liked Sorsha for some reason. Having Crusaders with 7 speed is really neat, and unlike the other Knights she doesn't look like a pushover.
Valeska, Orrin and Tyris share 2nd place.

Yurian Stonebow
Archmage
Archmage

Unread postby Yurian Stonebow » 23 May 2008, 12:53

Christian the frontiersman, he's my number one guy. Getting near to the end of the scenario, his powerful Ballista could quite well deal 250-350 points of damage to enemy units per single shot. Double the amount for shots per turn and you can understand why the enemy is really facing a nasty opponent in him and his speacialty.

The Hero's adventures as told in "Foolhardy Waywardness" from Armageddon's Blade is indeed a "An extremely entertaining campaign", as the famous ignguides' guidesarchive puts it.

Yurian
Don't worry if things are going badly today. They will be much worse tomorrow.

Muszka
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Muszka » 23 May 2008, 14:36

Yurain Stonebow wrote:Christian the frontiersman, he's my number one guy. Getting near to the end of the scenario, his powerful Ballista could quite well deal 250-350 points of damage to enemy units per single shot. Double the amount for shots per turn and you can understand why the enemy is really facing a nasty opponent in him and his speacialty.
Once my Orrin done 2000+ damage, and this in RoE. He is one of the best heroes in the entire game, in my eye. Can overhaul any (ranged attacker) creature speciality hero, in the game, just as Mr. Hack does with the melee fighters. Sir Mullich is the same best, but when I got AB/SoD I already had enough of castle so I never played that much with him. And in WoG noone can really match Orrin with his auto-upgrading war-machinery.
"Rage against the system, the system, what kills the human spirit."

Pol
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Pol » 23 May 2008, 17:11

Banedon wrote:Vote Valeska. Sir Mullich is imbalanced and so I won't vote for him.

By far the most powerful beginning hero for Castle in my opinion (even better than Sir Mullich, but only in the beginning), can potentially triple your Marksmen stack for the first week. And since I typically play for the strongest possible game, Valeska is the obvious choice.
In case you were being wondered, previous vote for her is coming from me. :D
"We made it!"
The Archives | Collection of H3&WoG files | Older albeit still useful | CH Downloads
PC Specs: A10-7850K, FM2A88X+K, 16GB-1600, SSD-MLC-G3, 1TB-HDD-G3, MAYA44, SP10 500W Be Quiet

Bimbasto
Scout
Scout

Unread postby Bimbasto » 23 May 2008, 20:34

Voted Valeska, next could be Orrin, then Christian.

Avonu
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Avonu » 30 May 2008, 07:04

Easy choise - Christian. From his first appearance on first H3 map I knew that he will be my favorite knight hero (but I prefer magic heroes).

Tress
Succubus
Succubus

Unread postby Tress » 30 May 2008, 10:55

voted tyris since tactics/cavalrey is quite good. Mulich is strong but i dislike way he is introduced. hardly any bio or story, just some dude from nwc wanted his face in game with owerpowered spec.
Also haart apears in h1 and h2. I pretty much hated they made haart bad guy in h3 considering he is only reccuring knight from previous homm. In some h3 early screenshot there was version of lord kilburn but they took it out in final release and killed him off in mm6

Corlagon
Archangel
Archangel

Unread postby Corlagon » 30 May 2008, 11:31

tress wrote:Also haart apears in h1 and h2. I pretty much hated they made haart bad guy in h3 considering he is only reccuring knight from previous homm.
You know it's strange, but from the timeline it seems Haart was over 60 years old in Heroes III. He doesn't look that old to me. Plus he is only ever credited with serving Roland Ironfist, not Morglin. I think maybe Haart from Heroes II and III was the son of the guy in Heroes I?

Of course, I voted for him :)

Tress
Succubus
Succubus

Unread postby Tress » 30 May 2008, 11:47

well crag hack,yog, gem also apears 1-4 tough latter is explained to have fountain of youth. Altough here i think is that nwc when they made homm1 they didnt think much about plot until homm2 or even 3. So they just made heroe portraits and names from older mm games (yog(considering yog in mm5 can even be killed), kastore and so on) without giving much thought for serious plot line at that time.

Corlagon
Archangel
Archangel

Unread postby Corlagon » 30 May 2008, 12:03

Yog is half-Genie, Gem has her fountain, Sandro's a Warlock (extended lifespan, look at Alamar) and Crag Hack from Heroes I is non-canon (like Kastore, Maximus etc who are meant to be floating around in space)...

UndeadHalfOrc
Cyber Zombie
Cyber Zombie

Unread postby UndeadHalfOrc » 30 May 2008, 13:26

tress wrote:. Mulich is strong but i dislike way he is introduced. hardly any bio or story, just some dude from nwc wanted his face in game with owerpowered spec.
100% Agreed. Thankfully, it's easy to disable him and re-enable Lord Haart: although not in the list, Haart will be selectable by Castle players if you accessed the hero options at least once before saving the map. (To disable Mullich AND Lord Haart, open that same map, and save the game without accessing the map options at all).
tress wrote:Also haart apears in h1 and h2. I pretty much hated they made haart bad guy in h3 considering he is only reccuring knight from previous homm. In some h3 early screenshot there was version of lord kilburn but they took it out in final release and killed him off in mm6
In H2, they just took Sir Gallant and named him "Lord Haart". I'd have preferred an actual portrait just for him.
And I also hated that they killed Kilburn off in MM6.
Last edited by UndeadHalfOrc on 05 Apr 2009, 16:52, edited 1 time in total.

Tress
Succubus
Succubus

Unread postby Tress » 30 May 2008, 13:26

Yog is half-Genie,

Yea specially considering that prior to h3sod he was bracada wizard instead of barbarian. With that i mean that some more or less serious plot line is started to develop only with h3 or h2 as most early.

UndeadHalfOrc
Cyber Zombie
Cyber Zombie

Unread postby UndeadHalfOrc » 30 May 2008, 13:28

Yog is also strange in that he appeared in H1 but not H2.

Though in H2, there is a genie Wizard with a strong resemblance to him (Flint).

Jolly Joker
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Jolly Joker » 30 May 2008, 16:01

BigThingWithHolesInIt wrote:I've always liked Sorsha for some reason. Having Crusaders with 7 speed is really neat, and unlike the other Knights she doesn't look like a pushover.
Valeska, Orrin and Tyris share 2nd place.
Seconded.
ZZZzzzz....

Return to “Heroes I-IV”