New Unique Campaign Underway

The old Heroes games developed by New World Computing. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
ByteBandit
Archangel
Archangel

Unread postby ByteBandit » 10 Jun 2008, 07:43

All right. I look at that. Right now I've been trying to get the end messages, win or lose to be related to the game. Like "You have not defeated Sandro, AvLee is lost. " Or "You have defeated Sandro and AvLee is spared of Darkness." .
One of these is what should be seen at the conclusion of the game via the outcome.

Muszka
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Muszka » 10 Jun 2008, 09:54

The big problem I have with the loss message, because it won't trigger if it's not under player's turn, but I have an alternative way, the only problem is that it's a bit robust, and won't work if you loose everything in one turn.
More details in the e-mail what I send in an hour.
"Rage against the system, the system, what kills the human spirit."

ByteBandit
Archangel
Archangel

Unread postby ByteBandit » 10 Jun 2008, 17:19

Thanks Koni for all the corrections you spotted. They have all been put into the final map now on map 5. I wanted to correct what I could earlier, but I wanted to wait for Muszka to improve the map the way he saw fit before I started correcting. The errors you may find on map 6, write them down and keep them in a safe place. Muszka may want to do a few other things on the map like he did on 5.

Also, Muszka, I wrote you saying we should go with your copy of Map 4 that you've been working on. I can make the minor adjustments to it after you're pleased with the way it plays, once you send it back.

Also, since I can't play the WoW map, I wanted to ask how it played? I enjoyed the Standard version I had. Just curious. Thanks.

Muszka
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Muszka » 11 Jun 2008, 01:27

Completed the merge of the map 4 so I acted against your will and still spent a couple of hours with merging. Details on personal eMail in a couple of minutes.

Map 6...oh geez.. that's still at me.... please do your work on in, and I do mine afterwards, anyway I didn't done much to it, and I want more, but can't right now, and I don't really think that I'll be able before tomorrow, and I won't be home again this weekend.

No full game on it still :ashamed: , but even so I can tell that it adds his part to a campaign that will be a great one, if for no one else, for me it will, and if for nothing else, but for the time I spent on it.

ByteBandit
Archangel
Archangel

Unread postby ByteBandit » 11 Jun 2008, 06:10

@Muszka:
Well, I thought I did a pretty good job on making these maps, but you improved them into a real challenging experience for both the average and advanced players. I could'nt do that alone, that's for sure. It's just too big a project for one person to do that. And the changes I've seen for Map 5 is superb! I've yet to look over Map 4, but I'm confident it'll be good, as you saw no flaws in it as I did'nt. And the story is smooth. This map may shock some usual Heroes players. May have to make a disclaimor for it, I don't know yet.

@Koni:
All the changes you have requested are in al the maps now. And, I, too, found yet even more. It's almost neverending but I would say we have close to 98% of the campaign corrected in English proper. The percentage may even be better than that by now. Not bad for a campaign that must have around 10,000 words in it! Every story in every map flows smoothly, as I went over it and over it time and time again. Same for the connecting texts. And I check for map errors daily since we are close to a release now, while we wait for map 6 to be finalized.

Muszka
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Muszka » 11 Jun 2008, 10:53

OK, I'll try to work with map 6 now... hope I finish in time.

Koni
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Koni » 11 Jun 2008, 12:15

ByteBandit wrote:Also, since I can't play the WoW map, I wanted to ask how it played? I enjoyed the Standard version I had. Just curious. Thanks.
I thought, if you had Equilibris, then you could play WoW maps. ;|

Wasn't there a tree blocking the bridge, in your Standard version? I wonder, if it played as well as it did in my test run, in case of Sandro wasn't blocked and he could raven freely, maybe to free Sandra and reach the upper world. Good to see, that Muszka has 'sealed' the prison to prevent that.

@Muszka: Working on Map6, do you think of a loss message, too, when Sandro fails, like to Nicolai in Map 5? It would be nice!

Since my test run of map 6 is close to end, I can report only of two things:
1. the Dark Champion Sanctuary at 250,116,2 cannot be flagged.
2. You can't reach the treasure box at 287,136,1.

ByteBandit
Archangel
Archangel

Unread postby ByteBandit » 11 Jun 2008, 19:17

It crashes for me once in a while, so I don't bother much anymore. I'll wait for Muszka to do what he wants on map 6 before I do anything else to it. And perhaps he can place an event for the final message you mentioned. Instead of a standard victory message.

Muszka
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Muszka » 13 Jun 2008, 00:14

I think I already replied to those via e-mail.... :)

ByteBandit
Archangel
Archangel

Unread postby ByteBandit » 13 Jun 2008, 01:43

Yes you did. ;) And I think once you add the events you want and the other things you want, we'll consider it a wrap. Koni has played the map through. He said is was a good map to play, except for the small errors I have now corrected, but I think a little more challenge like you put in the 5th map would be ideal. Nothing major, but challenging nonetheless.
Also, once I get your copy from you, Muszka, I'll go over it one last time, and then I'll send you and Koni the Final Release Package. We'll go over it together one last time and then we'll release it. Hopefully we can get it out to the public sometime next week.
All the texts and Document have been gone over and over, with help from Koni. And I've looked over all the maps many times, did little changes here and there. I left all your changes alone. Meaning, what you and Koni have now are not the released versions.

Corlagon
Archangel
Archangel

Unread postby Corlagon » 17 Jun 2008, 20:28

Sorry for abandoning ship earlier ByteBandit, but I'm back... again. :) Played through Map 4 and encountered one small error (not a bug as such, more a continuity thing - Brute commanders under Roland make reference to Alamar in their bios). Otherwise I don't know which errors have already been reported and corrected, so I can't help much there right now. Of course, if you want anyone to proofread texts or anything, I'll happily help. ;)

ByteBandit
Archangel
Archangel

Unread postby ByteBandit » 18 Jun 2008, 02:00

Good to see you back. :D I hope your exams went well.

we are close to a release now. I have improved Map 4 (WoG) by leaps and bounds. But not the error you are reporting. But I can fix that easily enough for release. I have been waiting on word from Muszka on the last map of the campaign. But I have'nt heard anything from him. So, I have been adding scripts in the Equilibris map myself.
All the texts have been reviewed by Koni and myself, so all that is ready now. But thanks for the offer. I will send you a copy of the finished campaign like I will to Muszka and Koni. You may get the package in a couple of days. It's around 3.5 MB.

Koni
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Koni » 19 Jun 2008, 09:38

ByteBandit wrote: I will send you a copy of the finished campaign like I will to Muszka and Koni. You may get the package in a couple of days. It's around 3.5 MB.
Got it, and right in time before my vacation! :-D I will have a last look at it, and report yoy today.

ByteBandit
Archangel
Archangel

Unread postby ByteBandit » 19 Jun 2008, 22:10

All the changes everyone on this project from top to bottom pointed out has been implemented into the Campaign.

I really, really want to thank everyone who involved themselves with this Campaign. You all know who you are. When you download the Campaign, credits are given to all those involved. Again, a big thank you to each and every one of you for making this project a reality.
It was a massive project, and you deserve nothing less. :applause: :hail: :tsup:

darknessfood
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby darknessfood » 19 Jun 2008, 23:49

Well, you did an AMAZING job and i'm glad i was a (small) part of it :). Really nice to play, and the story is REALLY well, next project, writing a book perhaps? :)
You can either agree with me, or be wrong...

ByteBandit
Archangel
Archangel

Unread postby ByteBandit » 20 Jun 2008, 06:18

Well, this is my version of the book, the movie, and toy rights. Along with all who helped in making it.

I recommend this thread be closed, now that the campaign is available for download.

Return to “Heroes I-IV”