New Unique Campaign Underway

The old Heroes games developed by New World Computing. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
Corlagon
Archangel
Archangel

Unread postby Corlagon » 03 Jun 2008, 18:50

Hey guys. Sorry but I will not have time to make a full report on map 4 until after next week due to major exams. I barely have time to post stuff around here at all. Please don't kill me ;|

ByteBandit
Archangel
Archangel

Unread postby ByteBandit » 03 Jun 2008, 19:47

:ashamed: :gun: That's all you get for death. Hope you'll be back soon for testing and good luck on your exams. :tsup:

I really have to thank Yurian Stonebow and Koni for pointing out all the spelling errors. The text is so much more professional now. It's something I wanted to see from my perspective. For those who like long and envolving stories, you should not be disappointed. AND....along the way of correcting the texts, I found a few more that wer'nt pointed out by the both of you. :hoo:
Now, I'll go back into the maps, once again and see what texts need correcting in them. :tired:

On a positive note, all the maps are done. Muszka has recieved the final map for his lookover. :yes:

UndeadHalfOrc
Cyber Zombie
Cyber Zombie

Unread postby UndeadHalfOrc » 05 Jun 2008, 03:16

Small typo on the H2 map "Sandro Returns"
The event in front of Crag Hack's castle:
"Stronhold" ==> "Stronghold"

ByteBandit
Archangel
Archangel

Unread postby ByteBandit » 05 Jun 2008, 04:00

Thanks for that UHO. I have redone the Final documentation for the campaign. Would you like a copy to look over?

Also, I am now waiting on word from Muszka and Koni for Maps 5 and 6 to be ready to go. I have used much of the same formula Muszka used on Map 3 on Map 4.

Hopefully we will have a release soon.

Koni
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Koni » 05 Jun 2008, 08:50

Restarted Map 5 yesterday, after Muszka sent me a new version. Thanks to Muszka for giving some starting bonus for lower difficulty levels, the progress in the beginning is much better. :)

Yurian Stonebow
Archmage
Archmage

Unread postby Yurian Stonebow » 05 Jun 2008, 09:43

Well, I contributed only a small share of the huge work that making this campaign has required. Good to see that the project is coming along nicely and in schedule. I'm really looking forward to play the finished version. At least, the H2 parts and H3 non-WoG. (This is not criticism aimed at the map makers and testers and associeted folks but rather my disillusioned view of WoG and Heroes IV)

Yurian
Don't worry if things are going badly today. They will be much worse tomorrow.

ByteBandit
Archangel
Archangel

Unread postby ByteBandit » 06 Jun 2008, 02:16

Yurian, first of all, your a friend. Secondly, you're a die hard fan of Heroes like all of us. A small input by you still carries a lot weight to me, anyway. Like you, I seek the ultimate perfection in this project like you do in yours.
For instance, I have been reworking the Mithril script for map 4 all day today, so that it did'nt look shoddy. (The right clicking for it sucked dearly) But it's fixed now. I know I did'nt have to, but that's what I expect from this campaign. And from what I am seeing by the other team members, they want no less either. A little input goes a long way. :D

Campaign secret revealed: Sandro becomes a whole new class in the end. It's one that does'nt exist anywhere in any game at all. Very terrifying!! :scared:

Muszka
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Muszka » 06 Jun 2008, 13:33

I wanted to ask from you about this in mail, but I forgot somehow. How you done that? BAD helped? or it's just in text? :)
"Rage against the system, the system, what kills the human spirit."

ByteBandit
Archangel
Archangel

Unread postby ByteBandit » 06 Jun 2008, 16:57

Oh. About the ending? I don't want to give anything away, of course. BAD did'nt have anything to do with it. It's just in text. HoMM IV has no way of creating a totally new class for a Hero. Especially this Class. Once the map is tested and approved I will ellaborate more on this "New" class in text.

Edited: I have added the main Heroes in Map 1 now. Before it was random. Not anymore. :D

Muszka
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Muszka » 08 Jun 2008, 14:54

I see now... Although it would be fine to see a such a new class... :D
Besides it's great you managed to add the main heroes to to map 1.

Koni
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Koni » 08 Jun 2008, 15:02

I just emailed you my 'final' report to map 5, where I encountered a big problem at the nearly end.. :|

ByteBandit
Archangel
Archangel

Unread postby ByteBandit » 08 Jun 2008, 15:24

I got it. Thanks for the report. I'll fix what I can on it today. And the text you sent with the pics will come in handy. I'll do the arranging you asked about with the portals.

Muszka
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Muszka » 08 Jun 2008, 16:21

I also have, and I would ask for leave it to me to correct it.
I've read the txt file too. I'll answer everything in the shortest time.

ByteBandit
Archangel
Archangel

Unread postby ByteBandit » 08 Jun 2008, 16:43

Okay, Muszka. That sounds fine. I have corrected many of the things Koni pointed out, and I have sent the map to you to do what you think needs to be done to it. Also, I was wondering how map 4 was playing for you. I have done some new stuff to it. Added some strength to the main Characters in the game, and corrected more spelling and so forth. And if you would like the map to look over, let me know and you'll get a copy.

Koni
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Koni » 08 Jun 2008, 17:30

So I will wait for Muszka's answer, by whom the placed event with the text of Nicolai's meeting with Sandra shall be added. :)

Muszka
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Muszka » 09 Jun 2008, 13:06

Ok guys...
ByteBandit, send map 4 to me, and I merge the changes, but before I want to ask he you have error playing it? I get this error:
-----------------------
ERM syntax Error.
File: erm
Line: 6645
Reason:
"HE$"-cannot find hero (out of range).

Save all ERM vars to WOGERMLOG.TXT (may take time)?
It triggers when any hero attacks a neutral stack. Be it my or AI's hero, though it's skipable, it's disturbing. It began to show up after I started to work with those new timed events you've put in, and after some tests I figured out that it's the enchanted secondary skills script that gives the error, on the top it's not working. Is there a way to fix it?
Here's the error report in full if it helps.
-----Context-----
O?v912;.....
I presume that it's a conflict caused by WoG 3.58f with a WoG 3.57f script.

@Koni
Right away :)

ByteBandit
Archangel
Archangel

Unread postby ByteBandit » 09 Jun 2008, 22:49

Okay, Muszka. On Map 4 delete the Secondary Skills Boost script. and the Hidden Skills script and try again. I've never used them in the past because of bugs, so we may not be able to use them. It's of no importance in an case. There are so many things to modify ones' secondary skills as it is. Plenty of Markets of Time objects on the map to give you what you want. And Witch huts. and so forth.
NOTE: I removed the 2 scripts mentioned above. I had an Army of Archangels, Griffins, Marksmen, Swordsmen against 100 Unicorns. Not one script error. So Secondary Skills and Hidden Skills must be removed. The enhanced Creatures script will suffice. I have yet to find one Secondary Skill script to work properly. And I've tried them all.

And Muszka, Koni, I think, sent you the latest Map 5 for you to peruse and finalize. I got it. It's the one with test heroes in specific locations. Check the placed events near the Prison by the Stronghold to make them work, and see if you can make the win/loss conditions work properly. I noticed there was a tree blocking the bridge where Sandro is and prevented him from unleashing his Army. That's been fixed now.

Muszka
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Muszka » 10 Jun 2008, 01:09

Map 4 has problems only with the secondary skills script and not with the hidden skills script. So I'll leave that, and remove only the first one.

Map 5.... that loss text keeps tricking me. I can pass the same "wall", what Koni was running into. The Display thing is only active for the current player and not for custom player. So yet I have to find a way to display the text I want to the blue player even if it's another player's turn. That's the reason Koni, you could not see any text when Red captured the Royal City, and if you try to let Red attack Nicolai, you'll see no text either, since it's another players turn.

ByteBandit
Archangel
Archangel

Unread postby ByteBandit » 10 Jun 2008, 02:35

Well if the Hidden skills script works without the Secondary skills boost for you, I went ahead and put it in the map I have so we are on the same page.

I wish I could help out on the H4 maps scriptwise. I did fix the ferry problem pointed out by Koni. And the bridge system is fixed and so is the prison placed event. So, I guess it's just down to the win/loss messages now for Map 5.

Koni
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Koni » 10 Jun 2008, 07:36

ByteBandit wrote: And Muszka, Koni, ... Check the placed events near the Prison by the Stronghold to make them work, ...
It worked already in my test map ( :| )
But please check the text, when Nicolai is defeated. I just see, that I've texted a wrong 'double negation! (".. So he never can't end Sandro's march...")

Return to “Heroes I-IV”