New Unique Campaign Underway

The old Heroes games developed by New World Computing. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
ByteBandit
Archangel
Archangel

Unread postby ByteBandit » 27 May 2008, 18:41

Corlagon:
The problem you mentioned with the first shipyard has been corrected already. So, you must have the first draft. For now, remove the decorations around the shipyard and you should be okay.

Muszka has uncovered a map making weakness in me. Shipyards. I had problems with them in the Empires series, and I guess I am in these too. I'm glad I'm not perfect. :) Thanks Muszka, for correcting them. :tsup:
And I'll agree to just about anything to get all these maps as perfect as possible.

A secret of the Campaign revealed: Sandro has a sister.

Edited: Map 5 is ready for testing for those who have HoMMIV.

ByteBandit
Archangel
Archangel

Unread postby ByteBandit » 31 May 2008, 06:05

The 4th map of the campaign needs testing. It's a WoG map. You will not be able to WoGify it. It has built in Scripts that disable WoGification. And contains roughly 50 scripts Some scripts are unique, especially if you have never played any of my maps before.
Map 5 is being looked over by Muszka. He sent map 3 back to me, and I corrected spelling, grammar and other stuff on it I wanted to correct.
Thanks for your offer to correct it.
Map 6 is almost complete. It will contain Equilibrus elements in it. The connecting story from Map 5 to Map 6 is complete. And the Campaign Photos are ready now too.
Again, HoMMIV testers would be nice to try out the maps.

Campaign secret revealed: Nicolai will not appear in the last map. But somebody of Note will be. :D

Muszka
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Muszka » 31 May 2008, 12:44

ByteBandit wrote:Again, HoMMIV testers would be nice to try out the maps.
In which version of HoMM IV should we test the 5th map? I mean standard or WoW?
Map 5 is being looked over by Muszka.
Right now I work with map 4 but if it's needed I can go to map 5, and do my 2 cents on it in less than a day.
"Rage against the system, the system, what kills the human spirit."

ByteBandit
Archangel
Archangel

Unread postby ByteBandit » 31 May 2008, 17:49

Muszka wrote:In which version of HoMM IV should we test the 5th map? I mean standard or WoW?
I suppose it would'nt matter. There are no GS or WoW elements in the map. So it may be up to the player.
Muszka wrote:Right now I work with map 4 but if it's needed I can go to map 5, and do my 2 cents on it in less than a day.
That sounds good. I thought maybe you either did'nt get the 4th map or you may have thought it was good as is.. :D

Koni
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Koni » 01 Jun 2008, 08:39

ByteBandit wrote:
Again, HoMMIV testers would be nice to try out the maps.
Here I am. Ready for testing H4 parts of your "very special" campaign. :D

UndeadHalfOrc
Cyber Zombie
Cyber Zombie

Unread postby UndeadHalfOrc » 01 Jun 2008, 15:32

ByteBandit,

I'm just chiming in to let you know of something potentially nasty with Heroes 2:PoL maps : any random "yellow ball" artifacts of Class 3, or random class (no number), has a chance of spawning into the Battle Garb of Anduran (not just the individual parts, but the whole thing in one!)

I have stopped using ART 3 and ART yellow balls in my own .MX2 maps since then.

I'm telling you this because "Sandro Returns" is a MX2 map and you used quite a few of those...

+5 Att, +5 Def, +5 Power AND Town Portal Spell is well above and beyond all other class 3 artifacts, and is superior in power to all Ultimate artifacts!
Last edited by UndeadHalfOrc on 01 Jun 2008, 17:24, edited 1 time in total.

ByteBandit
Archangel
Archangel

Unread postby ByteBandit » 01 Jun 2008, 16:59

To Koni,
Once Muszka puts his finishing touches on the HoMM4 map, you'll get the copy right away. Thanks, my friend. :)

To UndeadHalfOrc:
Then, I'll go in and change the yellow balls into real Artifacts to correct that from happening. I'll leave a few Yellow balls anyway. ;)

And I have stopped my mapmaking on the final map for now, because I have been rescripting the 4th map. (WoG.) I'm using more up to date scripts I find, remodifying them and so on.

And so far, with all the texts and Maps in a Zip file, it's 1.35 M. I figure it'll be around 1.5 Mb by the tiime I have everything done. So, yeah. It's a huge one! 8|

UndeadHalfOrc
Cyber Zombie
Cyber Zombie

Unread postby UndeadHalfOrc » 01 Jun 2008, 17:23

ByteBandit: Before you go on erasing everything, keep in mind that ART1 and ART2 yellow balls are still safe to use. Only ART3 and ART(no number) pose a problem.

Just to test, I started your map, entered the 8675309 cheat code, and yeah I found the Battle Garb of Anduran guarded by several liches :D

ByteBandit
Archangel
Archangel

Unread postby ByteBandit » 01 Jun 2008, 18:11

I went ahead and replaced every Random numbered Artifact 1-3 and the Art(Blank) ones as well. As a result you should get almost 2 of everything the Artifact page provides. Except the Battle Garb. But, it can be assembled. I arranged the new real Artifacts as close to matching as possible to the creature guarding it. In other words, I did'nt put the Helmet of Anduran next to a Goblin. And I did'nt put a 4 leaf clover next to a Paladin. :D

UndeadHalfOrc
Cyber Zombie
Cyber Zombie

Unread postby UndeadHalfOrc » 01 Jun 2008, 18:54

Perfect!
Feel free to send me the newest version anytime, as mine is quite out of date. :D

Muszka
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Muszka » 02 Jun 2008, 12:39

@Koni
As ByteBandit said, I can send you the H4 map sometime later (very late) today... I hope it's okay. :)

@UHO
I didn't find that such a problem, from all my games 5+ with map2 I only encountered Battle garb only 2, plus there is a battle garb in one o the pyramids.

ByteBandit
Archangel
Archangel

Unread postby ByteBandit » 02 Jun 2008, 17:36

@ Muszka:

Would you like a copy of the latest version of the 2nd map, or would you like to wait when I send you the final version of the campaign? Either way is fine with me. It's up to you.
If you have'nt done much altering on the WoG map, I should send you the one with the updated scripts, or, send me your altared map and I'll put the scripts in them, then send it back to you. I've added around 4 more scripts.

Map 6 is just about complete now. I will be adding the story to the map sometime today.

Muszka
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Muszka » 03 Jun 2008, 00:45

I just finished my work on the 5th map and I'm sending it eight away to Koni, and anyone who wants it.

[quote"ByteBandit"]I suppose it would'nt matter. There are no GS or WoW elements in the map. So it may be up to the player. [/quote]I didn't saw your answer earlier so I checked it. Although it may not had GS or WoW elements, it still asked for WoW to play so it was WoW map. Anyhow I placed a pair ow WoW elements on it myself. If that's a problem, I don't know how can we change that back. Maybe with removal of those objects, and h4util?

As for map2. I better wait the end to play it once more, in the meanwhile you can send me the latest WoG map since even if my changes are more in number than yours, still are easier to implement.

ByteBandit
Archangel
Archangel

Unread postby ByteBandit » 03 Jun 2008, 01:11

I suppose we could make it a WoW map. I still have my Standard version which I can play. I do'nt have GS or WoW, so I wo'nt be able to play it without the game crashing. But I have my Standard map, so I'm happy. :)

I also have finished up with the Final Documentation. I sent one to you, Koni and Angelspit. This is what will be included with the final product.

Map 6 is painted and finished. Tomorrow I will be adding the story to it. Then, it'll just need your handywork to make it competitive. I left all the Heroes empty of troops, for you to decide the strength of each Faction. However, the Red faction should remain as is.

Edited: There were only just a few typos in the Final Documentation, they have been corrected.

Koni
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Koni » 03 Jun 2008, 07:10

Muszka: I couldn't download the map from your 2share-link. Please try attaching it to an email.

ByteBandit: Thanks for both your "bonus" and the Final Documentation. It all sounds great. You will get some more comments by email. ;)

ByteBandit
Archangel
Archangel

Unread postby ByteBandit » 03 Jun 2008, 07:27

@ Koni:
I will send you the packet you requested for H1 and H2 as soon as I get off the CH.

I'm close to sendng the final map to Muszka for his finishing touches. You should get it within a day or two, Muszka. :D

Muszka
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Muszka » 03 Jun 2008, 15:14

OK ByteBandit. I just re-sent the map 5 to Koni, hope he got it this time. I included a script from Grumpy Old Wizard in it, plus the increased difficulty script from Humakt. I ask Grumpy for permission, and he gave me green light, but don't see Humakt much around so I hope he won't be against either.

As for the map, it was WoW from the start, before I did any changes in it.

Koni
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Koni » 03 Jun 2008, 15:45

Yes, I got it. And it's indeed WoW, but I think that doesn't matter. First impressions by email to Muszka: a tough start. ;|

Muszka
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Muszka » 03 Jun 2008, 17:08

Though...? ;| On harder settings maybe... but I have yet to try it. :)

ByteBandit
Archangel
Archangel

Unread postby ByteBandit » 03 Jun 2008, 18:43

Sounds like you guys have your hands full. So do I. Koni has pointed out some spelling errors on my part, so, I'll be going back and correcting all of them today. The stories were coming out faster than I could type them. It's good to see there are more eyes than two looking at all the words. And more than two eyes to see the challenge of game play. The story and gameplay should and will be flawless to the best of our ability. :)
After the corrections, I'll try and finish up the storyline within the final map too.

I did'nt originally plan for the 5th map to be a WoW map. But if you are happy with it being a WoW map, then that's what it'll be. I have my copy in Standard so I can still play it.

Return to “Heroes I-IV”