New Unique Campaign Underway

The old Heroes games developed by New World Computing. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
ByteBandit
Archangel
Archangel

Unread postby ByteBandit » 17 May 2008, 17:48

UndeadHalfOrc wrote:No problem at all, he has helped me a lot indirectly for my Heroes 3 patch, it's thanks to him and Yasmiel that I can change secondary skills in Heroes 3, by not only posting offsets, but teaching me how to convert percentage values to hexadecimal :)

If you include my mod, maybe you should also include my changes.txt so people will know exactly what stats has been changed.
Good. That's really good to hear about the EXE. Some people don't like sharing their ideas and work. Can't understand why, myself, but that's just how some people are. Good to know you are one of the good guys. :D
UndeadHalfOrc wrote:ByteBandit, I started your H3 map as soon as I received it.
Problem: The shipyard produced a boat directly to its bottom right, and I cannot access it! Maybe by removing some rocks and shrubs next to it?

Oh and I forgot to thank you for giving me credit.
Sorry about that. You should be getting the newer corrected version now.
And credit is always given where credit is due! :D

Ohhh. and one more thing, here. The H3(SoD) map was not meant to be WoGified. I'm working on that one now. Let's just see how evil everyone can get with the 4th installment. :flame:

Muszka
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Muszka » 18 May 2008, 20:07

I nearly finished the 2nd map's (supposedly) last test. Till now everything works more than fine. All is just I wanted to be, and hopefully ByteBandit is OK with the map to. Tomorrow I'll begin the 3rd map.... I barely can wait :oex:
"Rage against the system, the system, what kills the human spirit."

UndeadHalfOrc
Cyber Zombie
Cyber Zombie

Unread postby UndeadHalfOrc » 20 May 2008, 15:52

Guys, I have changed some spell costs in my regular H2 mod.

SPELLS
Increased cost of Animate Dead from 10 to 15
Increased cost of Holy Word from 12 to 14
Increased cost of Resurrection from 12 to 15
Decreased cost of Fireblast from 15 to 14
Increased cost of Chain Lightning from 15 to 20
Increased cost of Meteor Shower from 15 to 20
Increased cost of Elemental Storm from 15 to 20
Increased cost of Resurrection True from 15 to 20
Increased cost of Armageddon from 20 to 30
Increased cost of Dimension Door from 10 to 20 (to 255 in this version)

You can download the "No-CD, Dimension Door to 255" version here.
http://pages.infinit.net/plague/h2door.zip
Last edited by UndeadHalfOrc on 20 May 2008, 19:56, edited 1 time in total.

Muszka
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Muszka » 20 May 2008, 19:38

Seems OK. Although I see no reason why to change normal Resurrection, since it's so rarely used and the effect is gone after battle. Maybe AI uses it, but, I never took the time to test this.
Also:
UHO wrote:Increased cost of Dimension Door from 10 to 20

You can download the "No-CD, Dimension Door to 255" version here.
Now which is true? I mean the bold part.

Please note that I have no intention of mockery.

As for the Campaign. I found a big "hole". The border guards in the front of the subterran entrances do not work. AI can freely navigate from them. When I landed on the coast the second town (the one, north to Queen's town) was owned already by Orange. He had devils, angels from the two nearby conservatories. Although it may be possible to beat it, it would not be a good testing, so I ask ByteBandit to correct this or send me the latest map, for me to correct it. If I have the latest version just let me know and I begin the work in the very moment.
Thanks for the understanding.

UndeadHalfOrc
Cyber Zombie
Cyber Zombie

Unread postby UndeadHalfOrc » 20 May 2008, 19:55

Sorry, I should have been clearer.

The h2door mod has all the spell changes listed above, EXCEPT of course Dimension Door, which is at 255. (Tailor made for maps such as this one.) It will also prove highly useful in ANY map that makes heavy use of tents: so far, not many H2 mapmakers have done this. In H3 whenever any map has tons of tents/guards, you can just disable the spell in the editor.

As for Resurrection. Well since it's the first time I change spell costs, I'm sure revisions are bound to come in the future. I raised it because it felt weird for it to cost less than Animate Dead which is a level 3 spell. But nothing is set in stone, we'll see.

ByteBandit
Archangel
Archangel

Unread postby ByteBandit » 20 May 2008, 19:56

Muszka wrote:
As for the Campaign. I found a big "hole". The border guards in the front of the subterran entrances do not work. AI can freely navigate from them. When I landed on the coast the second town (the one, north to Queen's town) was owned already by Orange. He had devils, angels from the two nearby conservatories. Although it may be possible to beat it, it would not be a good testing, so I ask ByteBandit to correct this or send me the latest map, for me to correct it. If I have the latest version just let me know and I begin the work in the very moment.
Thanks for the understanding.
The only reason I can think of how the AI did get through the gates in Map 3, is that they must've obtained the Earth Tome somehow. I have a later verion than the one you have, but I have'nt done anything to correct what you mentioned. You must've seen something I forgot. I'll send you what I have and you can go ahead and make the adjustments you see fit.
And I looked over Map 2 and I think it's fine the way you adjusted it. I think we can call Map 2 completed. :D

Muszka
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Muszka » 20 May 2008, 20:07

@UHO
Gotcha! :)

@ByteBandit
No! No! They can slip between the border guard and the entrance. I did it to after I saw how they done that. But I will find a way to block them.
As for map 2, I haven't sent you the latest which is more "completed" and even tested. There were 3-4 area where the envoirment had leaks. I corrected and retested it. I just couldn't send it since I had some upload problem, what solved only recently. Just after I stand up from our RT I will mail it.

ByteBandit
Archangel
Archangel

Unread postby ByteBandit » 20 May 2008, 20:22

Oh....okay. That sounds simple enough for map 3 to be corrected, then. I thought it was something serious. 8| I've been so involved with Map 4, because it really, really connects everything. To me, it's the pivotal map of the Campaign. It's twisted in so many ways. ( I should send you a "small" preview. and it's not finished up yet.)
And once you are satisfied with the way Map 2 plays, then we'll call it good. I'll zip it up and put it away for when we release the Campaign. :D

Muszka
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Muszka » 21 May 2008, 14:20

Right now, I work with map 3. I found out some flaws, minor things, nothing special. But enough, to not be as I like. If you need the map, just contact me. I'll send it to you if you want change. If anybody needs it for testing, just let me know, also please report any errors you may find.

As for map 4.... any WoG map is a new challenge because of the diversity of the scripts you may introduce. Also I must warn you that you may want to change the Biography of the main hero, since it has the Biography of the original.

Good mapmaking onward.

ByteBandit
Archangel
Archangel

Unread postby ByteBandit » 21 May 2008, 19:53

Yes, I plan on changing the biography of the Heroes in Map 4. I still have a lot of tweaking to do on the map yet. But on the map I sent you, it's been painted from left to right. I've added a ton more scripts since the version I sent you and still adding. Also, Ive just completed the "Ending" area on the map now. (Sandro would be pleased) :D

As for map 3, once you tweak everything you like for that excellent game experience, and you are satisfied how it plays and looks, send it to me, I'll look it over and do some other possible minor changes, if needed, and call it good.

Muszka
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Muszka » 22 May 2008, 13:27

ByteBandit wrote:(Sandro would be pleased) :D
:tsup: Great news, great news...

ByteBandit
Archangel
Archangel

Unread postby ByteBandit » 22 May 2008, 23:27

Map 4 is complete and ready for testing. It'll be, of course, an Homm3/WoG map. Before I send it out to the testers of the previous maps, I'd like to know how the SoD map is playing for you. Any problems? Any changes that may need to be addressed? Is it good, Is it bad? I'd like to know if it's ready to be released, so I can check it off the list. :beg:
And thanks to all testers for your input on the previous maps.

Muszka
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Muszka » 23 May 2008, 14:21

OK. You can send it over here. Though I'm still at map 3. I nearly finished all fine-tuning, but I want to run a final test just to be sure. More on my upcoming mail.

Vidocq666
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Vidocq666 » 23 May 2008, 14:49

Oooh I'm looking forward to seeing this finished! :-D

Corlagon
Archangel
Archangel

Unread postby Corlagon » 27 May 2008, 08:31

Really, really sorry for the late reply ByteBandit, I was working on the Warlords mod. Anyway, apart from the glitches already pointed out, I found more than a few typos (do they count?) but I couldn't find any other obvious bugs. The whole thing is put together really well - though you might want to disable the Fly spell, since it has a similar effect to Dimension Door. Also maybe disable the Angel Wings and Tome of Air Magic artifacts since they can provide both those spells.

Otherwise, bravo :D I can test map 4 if you like, but unfortunately I can't promise the report will be early :tired:

ByteBandit
Archangel
Archangel

Unread postby ByteBandit » 27 May 2008, 08:59

I appreciate you letting me know how the map turned out for you. I'll correct the text that needs correcting once Muszka sends me his updated version to me. I understand he is still doing improvements over what I initially did. So, it should be quite amazing, even over what you tested. I doubt he will change the game play much, but one never knows. Muszka always seems to know what a "Quality" map should be like.
On Map 4, you'll find much more story than the previous ones, and you'll discover WHY Sandro was in Northern Enroth battling IronFist to begin with.
The whole map is kinda "dark" and twisted for an HoMM map. But I felt it was necessary to do it that way.
Map 5 is almost complete. I won't say much about it. But I've already added some surprises, storywise, that I did'nt consider originally. Should be interesting.
I've started Map 6. I will give away this much about it: You will not be the Castle group. (This should please Muszka.) :o[

BAD23ro

Unread postby BAD23ro » 27 May 2008, 09:44

Waiting to play this campaign and well job guys :)

Muszka
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Muszka » 27 May 2008, 12:37

Yes ByteBandit, I will send you the updated version late tonight. I worked a bit with the beginning, but I could not correct one thing entirely. The first shipyard keeps tricking me. I summon a ship from near the external guardhouse (I flagged the shipyard previously), but I can't enter it right away. I mean it doesn't shows the reared horse icon. But if I switch forth and back even once between New Erathia, it show the icon, and lets me board in. The problem isn't there if I summon a ship from smaller distance, or if I buy the ship from the shipyard manually.
Anyhow, I changed a lot of minor things, tweaked the final 3 players, 'cos I've beaten them awfully, even on impossible. The most notable thing is that there are no inaccessible parts of the map, or at least not those who weren't meant so. I also made the border-guard system to work perfect now. Before it had some leaks, AI could free Roland and so on. Details in personal mail :)

@Corlagon
Every single tile counts, even more the typos, perfection cannot be accomplished, but the more we do to reach it, the better we sleep at the end of the day.

Corlagon
Archangel
Archangel

Unread postby Corlagon » 27 May 2008, 13:17

I can fix the typos if you like. It's not difficult with the use of the Export Text - Import Text feature.

Also, Muszka, is there an Event in the map editor at the point you're trying to board the ship? I don't think boarding on or off ships is allowed when there's an event in the tile. Not sure if it matters whether the event is active or not.

EDIT: I checked it out, the Shipyard is in a bad spot. If you just place one tile of Dirt terrain in the space just southwest of the marsh rock, it should work properly.

Muszka
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Muszka » 27 May 2008, 14:32

Don't fix the typos, I mean don't fix them now. I can send you the map I updated, you can fix in that one, if ByteBandit agrees.

For the shipyard, the problem I have isn't with the event. I know what you are talking about, but I only have problems when I buy a ship from longer distance from a flagged shipyard.

Return to “Heroes I-IV”