New Unique Campaign Underway

The old Heroes games developed by New World Computing. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
ByteBandit
Archangel
Archangel

Unread postby ByteBandit » 07 May 2008, 00:13

Thanks for the support. You will be pitted with both good and evil. The story just keeps changing and becomes more involved with each passing thing I do. I guess for most people, this will be on a massive scale.
I will say that main characters are involved in one form or another. And there will be a total of 6 maps, I know that much for sure.

UndeadHalfOrc
Cyber Zombie
Cyber Zombie

Unread postby UndeadHalfOrc » 07 May 2008, 02:32

Metathron wrote:
UndeadHalfOrc wrote:Good idea, but I don't have H4, so I guess I'll never be able to finish your campaign :(
If you say that one more time, I'll buy you HoMM IV for your birthday and then proceed to slap you silly with it. :mad:

:D
Seriously though, the #1 reason why I stayed away from both H4 and H5 was from massive complaints about the abysmal AI.

No amount of present or future balancing mods will ever fix that.

H2 and H3 got decent AI *because* they were simpler games, with less options.

Since I play most games alone, a decent AI is primordial to me.

Corlagon
Archangel
Archangel

Unread postby Corlagon » 07 May 2008, 17:25

Muszka wrote:I put my bet in Sandro/Crag Hack the only participants who were present even in the Might and magic series.
Don't forget Alamar, Gem, Halon, and almost every single character from Heroes I and II ;)

Good luck to you ByteBandit, this should be a great "campaign" to play when it's done.

Muszka
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Muszka » 07 May 2008, 18:25

Oh, :) I did not forgot them... Just Alamar didn't made it in H4, Gem was absent in Restoration of Erathia, and Halon was absent since H3.
I took Sandro/Mr. Hack because they were present in all of the HoMM games, but not in H5. And since
ByteBandit wrote:All I can say is, you better dig up all your HoMM games and get all the Mods for them.. All of them but H5. The main character is'nt in H5 so there's no point in using that version. The first Campaign of it's kind!
, my first thought was that those heroes can be the ones mentioned.
"Rage against the system, the system, what kills the human spirit."

ByteBandit
Archangel
Archangel

Unread postby ByteBandit » 07 May 2008, 18:26

Thanks Corlagon, and to all who may think it'll be cool. Now the hard part. I will be needing some testers to help out. Any volunteers? I have the map for HoMM1 ready with a readme file. Also, thanks to BAD, I have a No CD exe for Homm1 too, which I'll probably include with the Campaign, as this is the only exe for this version I know of.

Corlagon
Archangel
Archangel

Unread postby Corlagon » 07 May 2008, 18:35

Muszka wrote:Gem was absent in Restoration of Erathia
Hmm? Really? :)

But yes, there are few other characters who could act as the main role, unless ByteBandit plans some "time travel" (e.g. putting a character from Heroes III into Heroes I, or something).

ByteBandit
Archangel
Archangel

Unread postby ByteBandit » 07 May 2008, 18:43

There is time travel involved, indeed. (But probably not like you think.)And H3 Characters are introduced in the H1 and H2 maps as well. It's all twisted up, but in order for this campaign to work, it has to be this way.

Muszka
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Muszka » 07 May 2008, 18:46

Corlagon wrote:
Muszka wrote:Gem was absent in Restoration of Erathia
Hmm? Really? :)

But yes, there are few other characters who could act as the main role, unless ByteBandit plans some "time travel" (e.g. putting a character from Heroes III into Heroes I, or something).
Or not...? Sorry. Just realized you're right. I don't know why I had the feeling that only those two were constantly present. :)
ByteBandit wrote:Any volunteers?
I already wrote that I'll be happy to test this strange yet seemingly exciting campaign :)

I have all the games needed to this task, so if you feel so, I would gladly help.

ByteBandit
Archangel
Archangel

Unread postby ByteBandit » 07 May 2008, 19:49

Okay, Muszka. I sent the first package to you. I know I should be working on my campaign right this minute, but I come here to take a break from it actually.
A couple more testers would be nice too.....mass input, if you will.
The suspense is building...... :oex:

Muszka
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Muszka » 07 May 2008, 21:15

Relax... :) just so you can make the best maps....

UndeadHalfOrc
Cyber Zombie
Cyber Zombie

Unread postby UndeadHalfOrc » 07 May 2008, 21:25

Actually, Gem (the Druid) WAS in Restoration of Erathia. She just didn't play any specific role in the campaign.

Corlagon
Archangel
Archangel

Unread postby Corlagon » 07 May 2008, 22:02

I'd love to help out with the testing, having all the games including Heroes I, but unfortunately I'm not much of a skilled player since I'm only interested in single player mode. Never used the Multiplayer option in my life :devious:

ByteBandit
Archangel
Archangel

Unread postby ByteBandit » 07 May 2008, 22:57

There is no multiplayer in this campaign. I make singleplayer campaigns only. :D
Just about all the characters you are familiar with from HoMM1 to IV are involved in one form or another.
Perhaps Muszka can give a little back up of what I'm saying without giving too much away.

Muszka
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Muszka » 09 May 2008, 13:07

Exact ByteBandit. I finished the second run on the first map. Although it can be played as a Multi map, since there is no option to turn that off, it is meant as Single, and It works fine as such. After the first fine tuning it is nearly perfect, or as perfect as in HoMM 1 it can be. I only need to test the difficulities. I could win easily on easy :) and I won easily on medium difficulty also.

Corlagon
Archangel
Archangel

Unread postby Corlagon » 09 May 2008, 15:02

I just meant that those who play Multiplayer are usually better at the game than others by definition :)

Akul
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Akul » 09 May 2008, 15:12

Must not mean. There are great SP players who prefer to play alone rather then with other people. Of course, it is impossible to find them.
I am back and ready to... ready to... post things.

Muszka
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Muszka » 09 May 2008, 16:28

If you're a good player you can adopt to MP, in very short time... But Corlagon, you should know that testing doesn't mean only testing the difficulty....

Corlagon
Archangel
Archangel

Unread postby Corlagon » 09 May 2008, 16:30

Um, I do "mean"... It's more or less a given that if you play against humans with brains instead of the slow-witted A.I. you're likely to become a stronger player. I've played single-player for years, yet if I took up Multiplayer tomorrow I would almost certainly be smashed into the ground.

Anyway, we ought to return to the topic. :D Of course testing does not mean testing difficulty, but I'm sure someone who has more experience with playing the game would be of more use than myself, for instance. There's little use in volunteering if you can't finish the map because some part is too hard for you while people who can play the game will find it easy.

HodgePodge
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby HodgePodge » 09 May 2008, 16:37

Wow, cool! I have all the Heroes I-IV too with all the expansions … already installed and ready to run. :-D
Walk Softly & Respect All Life!

Click Here: Lords of War and Money … A Free & Fun Browser Game.

Muszka
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Muszka » 09 May 2008, 16:39

Oh, I find it that we are on topic, discussing, the testing, of a unique campaign...
Since it's not my map/campaign, I don't have a reason to discuss this with you, I was just stating that it doesn't need too much of playing skill to be a tester. If I was a mapmaker I would like to map to be tested by "less good" players also. I saw this trick used by Humakt and I think it's a good one... but if you don't have time to test you're more than understood.... :)

Return to “Heroes I-IV”