No Manual with CD

The old Heroes games developed by New World Computing. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
wizaerd
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

No Manual with CD

Unread postby wizaerd » 06 Feb 2006, 23:47

I just recently purchased Heroes IV, and was surpirsed that there's no manual. Either that or I can't find it...

There was no booklet insert as I've come to expect from games, and have searched the CDs themselves, and couldn't find anything. I checked the installation directory on my hard drive, and still cannot find it.

Having never played a Heroes game, I'm completely unfamiliar with the keys, how to move, what the items on the various screens are, anything...

So what suggestions should I follow?

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 07 Feb 2006, 00:08

That's just weird. Try to look in Start/Programs/3DO/Heroes IV/Heroes of Might and Magic IV Manual. The file is called H4manual.pdf. Try doing a search.
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

Psychobabble
Spectre
Spectre

Unread postby Psychobabble » 07 Feb 2006, 00:27

Unless ubisoft changed something in their distribution it's in the root game folder. There's also a quick reference guide with creature charts and, i think, key shortcuts.

wizaerd
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby wizaerd » 07 Feb 2006, 07:03

I apologize... It was the Heroes of Might And Magic III CDs I searched (and no, there is no manual on them)... I however re-searched the IV CDs, and did in fact find the manual...

Thanx...

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 07 Feb 2006, 13:01

Hmm.. The H3 ones should also have a manual. At least is it's H3Complete.
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

Return to “Heroes I-IV”