SoD+campaign+elixir of life+thief in the night

The old Heroes games developed by New World Computing. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
pisces
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

SoD+campaign+elixir of life+thief in the night

Unread postby pisces » 09 Apr 2008, 22:01

Dear god, I'm dying for some answers........ :(

When i reached this level today, I remembered having the same problem last time I played it, but of course I have no memory of wheather or not I managed to solve it or not..... ;|

I have done everything ( I think) that should be done. I'm the only player left, I have exchanged the two artifacts at the seer for the artifact needed to complete the game. But the game doesn't end.....never.....I think I'm in month no 13 and nothing else happens......help me please.....have mercy.........I'm loosing my mind.

And another thing, is there a known bug or something that removes the sign on a campaign once you've finished it? (if you know what i mean that is...) By sign i mean the Icon on the picture...well I can't find the word for it....crap. :tired:

Pol
Admin
Admin

Re: SoD+campaign+elixir of life+thief in the night

Unread postby Pol » 09 Apr 2008, 22:21

pisces wrote:And another thing, is there a known bug or something that removes the sign on a campaign once you've finished it? (if you know what i mean that is...) By sign i mean the Icon on the picture...well I can't find the word for it....crap. :tired:
Yes, here is. If you are starting new campaign you must first load last save of the previous one. That's how the game can remember them. A bit of unhandy...

Originally I didn't thought that I played it, name it's not invoking anything but yeah, I walked it in the quicky mode (you confused me with placing the WoG mark over) - I do not remember it though. Could help this walkthrough?
;)

If you succeded in obtaining the Elixir of life the game should instantly end. If not solution could be very straitghforward, just place the artifacts needed for assembly on theirs positions in the hero paperdoll screen and you will be done shortly.

PS The word is check mark or nike. :D
"We made it!"
The Archives | Collection of H3&WoG files | Older albeit still useful | CH Downloads
PC Specs: A10-7850K, FM2A88X+K, 16GB-1600, SSD-MLC-G3, 1TB-HDD-G3, MAYA44, SP10 500W Be Quiet

pisces
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby pisces » 10 Apr 2008, 07:25

Checkmark, thanks I feel better now. :D

I'm not sure what you mean, WoG-mark....?? But your point I guess was that you haven't played it I think.....

In the end, it's not called elixir of life (the artifact) It's called vial of lifeblood or something like that, but it probably doesn't matter anyway.

I have looked at the walkthrough earlier, but it doesn't really help.
What do you mean, place the artifacts on their position in the hero paperdoll screen? Maybe It's just still early in the morning. ;)

pisces
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby pisces » 10 Apr 2008, 07:58

OMG, I've solved it. Jeez how simple things can be...lol

I wasn't wearing a ring, that was needed. Another hero was wearing it. :-D

i was looking in the pdf-file looking for something completley different, and it said that elixir of life was a combo of the artifact i had and two rings. so now the campaign is done. Jippi :-D

Another thing, does anyone know where the save-file is?
I need to re-install the game, cuz i have vista and i didn't use compability-mode so it crashes quite often- :(
But i can't find the save-files.....help

Koni
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Koni » 10 Apr 2008, 08:48

pisces wrote: Another thing, does anyone know where the save-file is?
I need to re-install the game, cuz i have vista and i didn't use compability-mode so it crashes quite often- :(
They should be in the Folder "Games", aren't they?

pisces
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby pisces » 10 Apr 2008, 09:14

Koni wrote:
pisces wrote: Another thing, does anyone know where the save-file is?
They should be in the Folder "Games", aren't they?

Well i guess they SHOULD be, but that folder is empty..........!!!!
I can't find anything, still the game works and saving works, so I don't know what to do next. :tired:

Pol
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Pol » 10 Apr 2008, 09:50

Try to search for *.cgm files on your computer. Anyway they must be in the games folder under game directory. I don't think Vista are so wilful to place them into App. Folder. ;)
I'm not sure what you mean, WoG-mark....?? But your point I guess was that you haven't played it I think.....
You placed the question in the wog subforum, I moved it here.

I played the game. Only too fast - my point was to see storyline, not all perky details. I cheated it through. :D
(So I never truly played any SoD campaign.)
"We made it!"
The Archives | Collection of H3&WoG files | Older albeit still useful | CH Downloads
PC Specs: A10-7850K, FM2A88X+K, 16GB-1600, SSD-MLC-G3, 1TB-HDD-G3, MAYA44, SP10 500W Be Quiet

pisces
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby pisces » 10 Apr 2008, 10:22

Well, maybe i'm doing something wrong, i'm pretty new to vista, but the search finds nothing so..... Any ideas will be appreciated :(

Pol
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Pol » 10 Apr 2008, 10:31

Maybe they are hidden for any reason...?

Try to turn off hiding of system files. This or that guide. ;)

And after that look again in your games folder or run a search.
"We made it!"

Ya5MieL
Marksman
Marksman

Unread postby Ya5MieL » 10 Apr 2008, 10:52

There is no way you could load a game without it being in games folder. The code requires that exact location.

pisces
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby pisces » 10 Apr 2008, 11:07

Hahaha, sometimes it's really nice when the answer is easy. :D

Jeez, well ok here it is. The folder really was empty, and no files were hidden, and the search came up empty. BUT just now when i was looking at the icons in the bar it said something about compability-files (sort of)
And when i clicked on it, voila!
I tried you see to changen compability for playing the game, although i had installed it normally.

Well well, thanks for all your help and i'll see you at the next problem. ;)

Love Kim

Return to “Heroes I-IV”